It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope Benedict XVI taken to hospital after fall

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Pope Benedict XVI taken to hospital after fall

www.google.com

The Vatican spokesman says Pope Benedict XVI has been taken to a hospital in northern Italy after slipping and falling during his vacation in the Alps
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Story is just breaking at the moment. looks like the old guy had a bit of a slip.

im sure he is getting some mighty fine treatment at the hospital thats for sure.

Guess a lot of people will be concerned over this. Maybe they should get a young pope for a change who can be in charge for longer.

www.google.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Aww, shucks.

Beat me, guess i'll delete it now.

OR a mod floating around could go and delete it! Yeah, that means you lurking mod!

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 03:36 AM
link   
In my thread I wondered about, how on after a number of popes have died, armeggedon will come or whatever, how many popes have we got left for this, I think this is the last one, or one more to go?

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

no worries man!! i noticed that . the first thing that sprung to mind was the film angels and demons!! maybe im reading too much into it though.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 03:37 AM
link   
wasnt there a prediction of the pope dying around this time? im sure there was. will have to have a search

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by grantbeed

Don't ever fear over analyzation, even the craziest person can be right about something!

Makes me wonder, if that if we go through two more popes, will the prediction of pope deaths before end times change?

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 03:39 AM
link   
www.newagedirectory.com...

Malachy! How could I forget, so foolish I am at times. *hold your comments ats members*.

We have one more to go!

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 03:44 AM
link   

just found this. very freaky. OMG.

it was posted on june 24th 2009

[edit on 17-7-2009 by grantbeed]

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Yes, but the info on the video was babbling on about something with the powerball lotto waiting for the second pope or some rubbish. Which is enough to raise my eyebrows as a get real thing.

I would take that video with a grain of salt honestly.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 03:52 AM
link   
*eyebrow* Interesting video. Its funny how I had just heard some Bobble head on one of the news networks talking about that prophecy someone was talking about. Then also there was the hoopla about Obama meeting the Pope.

Maybe he just got the bill for the meeting when he fell down?

I doubt though that there is very much to this. Although there is still a chance he's come down with something. *gasp* Maybe he's had pork lately! (I am of course joking, I doubt the Pontiff has Swine Flu...ok, only 95% doubt).

I want to keep an eye on this though. Even though I don't agree with a lot of what Catholics believe in, they are the most out front image of the Christian faith and warrant and ear to hear what they say or an eye to see what's happening.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 03:53 AM
link   

so one more after this one then its WW3 and the end of times. wonder if all this will tie in around 2012 or whether it will just pass on by without event.

it is weird though how certain people and civisations have all written things regarding the future that are all coming to an end in our lifetimes.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 03:55 AM
link   
i guess if it was serious, they probably would not blurt it out to the MSM straight away anyway.

remember the last pope. his health was waining for a long time before he died. I always remember looking at him thinking he was on deaths doorstep a long time before he actually went.

CX

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 04:03 AM
link   
I've no idea about the way a pope is chosen, but i do have to question why they always choose the ones that are on their last legs?

Why not pick someone who is not going to need a hospital fall after the slightest fall? Someone who will last more than just a few years.

Or is that part of the plan, get someone who can't argue and do much about what his advisors suggest?

CX.

link   

If you notice on the fox news website, it has jumped off the ladder rather quickly to the bottom, only to be swept away, maybe a caught mistake.

The wise thing would be to keep him alive, not wanting people to fulfill a prophecy now?

He is a extremely old man, his death shouldn't be a surprise, it should be a "about time he died" kind of saying. Sad, disrespectful, although honest at the base.

If he dies, then a second pope comes up, then some fire or something is burned, jews, catholics, christians of others who are taciturn on their own religion and have a feeling of (unjust) due respect to the pope, will be looking for a end of times.

It is coincedental that the end of times, seem to point to the now of 'our' era. Although, the same respect could of been given to any other point of time.

Although it is quite a pleasure to be in a time, to see a prophecy fail, and new ones be born. Although if I am regretfully, 'wrong' it doesn't matter it's "the end". And the SHTF. Then I live that way, and if the end doesn't come and jericho hits, life goes on and it's all a okay in the end.

When men on white horses fly from andromeda, then all start saying quite a few prayers!

link   

If i'm not mistaken, the video you linked is actually a clip from Angels and Demons...at least the priest that was in the shot in front of the procession, the chamberlain, is played by Ewan McGregor...

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 04:04 AM
link   
reply to post by CX

wiki.answers.com...

Simply put

• A pope dies and is buried

• The cardinals come to Rome for the conclave that will elect the new pope. The word conclave (Latin, cum • clavis, literally, "locked with the key") designates:
. • The place in a locked section of the Vatican where the cardinals under the age of eighty elect a new pope.
. • The actual gathering of the cardinals.

• The conclave begins 15 to 20 days after the pope's death.

• The cardinals pray for the guidance of the Holy Spirit during a Mass

• The cardinals, sealed in the Sistine Chapel, vote every morning and afternoon.

• A two-thirds majority plus one is required for election for the first 30 ballots. After that, a simple majority is required.

• After each vote, they burn the ballots and add special chemicals to make the smoke white or black.
. • Black smoke means no new pope yet.
. • White smoke announces the election of a new pope.

• The cardinals may elect any baptized male they wish. There have been occasions in the past where they have elected a layman. After their election, the layman has to be ordained priest and bishop.

• They ask the one elected if he accepts. The moment he accepts, he is pope.

• The pope chooses his "Papal" name.

• Then the new pope is announced to the world.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Daedalus24

phew.... i thought it was a bit too freaky to be true.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Forget it. He's not going anywhere. He has Life Alert.

CX

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Thank you.

I just wish those choosing the pope could choose younger one lol.

CX.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join