It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do you think?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 02:31 AM
link   
I just was wondering why you thought. Have you put any thought in it? Is it a natural process? Is it part of our pineal glands or whatever? Why is it that you think? What makes you think? Why do you spend your time thinking? I think because I want to think about important issues, or, certain things, or just to day dream and because it's a vital function, and, because it's important to me and stuff. I just thought I'd ask the question to you- why do you think? I know this seems like a strange question... but I think this would be an appropriate question, seeing as how all of us seek the truth here. Why does one think? Why do you think? Why does your neighbor think? Do you know why you think? Do you know why it is that you know why you think? What is it about your thinking that makes you want to think? Have you ever thought deeply about this? What do you think? Do you know what you think?

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

You're killing me Frank.

Truth is, no matter how beautiful something is, if the mind is given enough time it will surely deconstruct it into suffering.

Sometimes letting things be as they are is enough.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

I've always known what I think and why. But then I thought about it, and my thinking has changed.

If you think about it, your thinking is second tier, and thus irrelevant thought.

At least that's what I think.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 03:04 AM
link   
The thinking process is the result of "communications" that you perceive as you own, meaning, thoughts are subjective in nature, because it's part of the ego's illusion to think he's the one thinking.

Did you ever get a thought and said to yourself: nah, i can't be thinking this, it's impossible!! and then, you try to brush it away, and try to focuss on something else...

Thoughts originate from the higher mental plane, as a form of light energy. When it reaches the mind (lower mental body), it has been tampered with, manipulated by entities of the astral plane. The reason they manipulate thoughts is to sense of feeling of vitality, meaning, to have the sensation of being alive. That's the 1st reason they connect to the mind of humans. The second reason is more occult in nature. It's a way to test us in our emotivity. Entities feed from the subjective response to a thought (emotions)' meaning they feed from the energy released from an emotion, caused by a thought or event.

Sometimes, when the mind is weak, manipulation can turn into possession, wich explains why we have so many institutions filled with people that have psychiatric problems. It is important to understand that the mind is only a receiver, like a radio capting a certain frequency. To know this for certain, you have to experiment on your own. The first thing you need to be sure of, is that you are multidimensional in nature. When that is accomplished, you can start to understand the relation between the ego and the invisible spheres, that control and manipulate humans, until the day they wake up, and finally start their process towards consciousness and ultimately, they return to their source, their light, their intelligence.

Unfortunately, no one can be told this, you have to discover it on your own.

Edit to add: English is not my native language, you may find some spelling errors...

[edit on 17-7-2009 by lagenese]

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Ah, it's a good question, and truly bizarre.

Why do we "think"? Because we have this mass of fatty tissue, filled with an incredible number of tiny, tiny circuits (neurons), and all of these circuits are tied to themselves (allowing them to make use of quantum effects), as well as other neurons, in many, many varieties of ways. And electrical signals race through these circuits, using molecules called "neurotransmitters" that have various shapes and cause the messages to be relayed in different ways, in countless different patterns, all over this fatty tissue, and down our spines, even through our hearts and gut (yes, there are neurons in our hearts and intestines -- going with your heart? gut feelings, anyone?).

We have no thoughts unless these signals are literally racing across our brains.

These thoughts are not ours, but arise from very, very subtle realms.... But who or what is "down there" giving rise to awareness itself, no one can tell you that.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 03:20 AM
link   
The answer is blue!

It has to be naturally occurring because I cannot find the off switch.

Ever tried to stop thinking? its impossible, even when your not thinking, your thinking about not thinking.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by I think Im normal

Exactly, because it is not YOUR thinking, it is your BODY.

This is why, "you" are not "your" body. So what are "you," exactly?

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Heh heh. '
Why do I think?

Well, because I think.

This is a stupid thread.

Well, I "thought" about it.
kudos to you for starting this thread and gaining the points.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 03:39 AM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

I am a figment of something, I am nothing on the grand scale.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 03:46 AM
link   
I was sitting here thinking: "I wonder if he knows he typed think or derivative of the word think nineteen times?" Then I thought "Nah he probably didn't stop to think about how many times he typed think unless he was thinking in an ocd manner and couldn't help himself from thinking about counting the number of times he wrote think, or thinking or thought. I was thinking also when I was typing this that I think it is a male but perhaps not I wonder what people will think when they are thinking about thought. But I'm not really sure what I think. I thought I knew what I was thinking but then I thought about it, and I still think I was thinking about how many times people will type think or thinking or thought." What do you think?

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Who says you think?

Not Nietzsche:

With regard to the superstitions of logicians, I shall never tire of emphasizing a small, terse fact, which is unwillingly recognized by these credulous minds - namely, that a thought comes when 'it' wishes, and not when 'I' wish; so that it is a perversion of the facts of the case to say that the subject 'I' is the condition of the predicate 'think.' One thinks; but that this 'one' is precisely the famous old 'ego' is, to put it mildly, only a supposition, an assertion, and assuredly not an 'immediate certainty.' After all, one has even gone too far with this 'one thinks'--even the 'one' contains an interpretation of the process, and does not belong to the process itself.

- Beyond Good & Evil, I. 17

Needless to say, I agree entirely.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Self-induced illusions must be eliminated if the mind is to channel a free thought flow from worlds unrelated to the human experience. This explains the difficulty we share in expressing what lies beyond the dense matter of subjective thinking.

- Beyond the mind, 2. 13, Bernard de Montreal, IBIS publishings

I totally agree with this quote.

new topics

top topics

join