It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anomaly in today's Apollo 11 video release!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   
I was anxiously awaiting today's release of the lost Apollo 11 videos from Perth, as I assume many others were as well

First of all. OK... This is 'probably' nothing. However, it caught my eye and I thought I would share.

While looking at the video I came across from nasawatch.com, I noticed right away something very strange at 1:16-1:17 . It looks like a streak in the sky behind the two astronauts... right between them.

Now, I realize that that the astronaut on the left is moving left at this point in the video and as a result, may be causing some light artifact on the helmet of the astronaut on the right.

But, the artifact seems to start BETWEEN the two astronauts, rather than being a reflection on the right astronaut's helmet.

What is it?

1) a camera artifact?

2) a UFO?

3) a meteor burning up in the moon's non-atmosphere

[edit on 17-7-2009 by Zarniwoop]

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 12:46 AM
link   
This is very old video to say the least. Anything left of normal can easily be explained away from flaws in our record keeping of the past.

I don't discount the footage but emplore you to use your own common sense about footage that is so old. There can be no conclusion with any fact from footage of this age, it is impossible.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Helious

Haha... I made sure to make my own common sense very clear in my original post.

Do you work for NASA?

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 12:55 AM
link   
It looks to me like something to do with the camera. It doesn't appear limited to the helmet visor, as you said. It also passes by "on top" of the astronaut on the right. It's not something in the background for sure.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   
It's a reflection on the Space Helmet.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by EnlightenUp

I don't know. It looks to me like it passes behind the helmet of the astronaut on the right.

It definitely starts between the two 'nauts rather than on the helmet of the 'naut on the right.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doomsday 2029
It's a reflection on the Space Helmet.

I tried that one in my head and by marking it with my thumb, following where the edge should be (easy to judge when one is in front of the other). It has a fading persistence like an afterimage effect. It appears to originate outside the boundary. It may be a reflection off the visor of the sun or brightly lit object directly onto the camera rather than an image in the visor itself.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Zarniwoop

Some would say it is the reflection on the cables used to make them look as if they were on the moon. The direction it was going to looked like the top of left shoulder.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zarniwoop

I don't know. It looks to me like it passes behind the helmet of the astronaut on the right.

Look closer. I see it go clearly in front of the one on the right, though it does blend in. It goes into the shadow area just adjacent to the light reflection.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Yeah, I think it all has to do with astronaut left....exit, stage left

Still, looked pretty strange. Just wanted to share.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Zarniwoop

Good Find Zarniwoop!

I'm gonna have to think on this one - this is quite the anomaly.

Starred and Flagged!

new topics

top topics

join