It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japanese Shinto, Buddhism, and Reptiles

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Some of you might find this of interest; I will warn you its "hard-core" orthodox academic writing so you might find it slow going in places. Still, its an interesing and rarely explored area.

Link to PDF from formal academic journal:
www.nanzan-u.ac.jp...

"...This essay will examine Buddhist-Shinto relationships as seen in a single cluster of stories, namely, those having to do with snakes. In brief, my thesis is that we can find in these stories first conflict between Buddhism and Shinto, and then, as the relationships between the two settle down, a creative Buddhist use of those ancient Shinto deities that appeared as reptiles.

-Salvation df the Snake, The Snake of Salvation:
Buddhist-Shinto Conflict and Resolution
W. Michael KELSEY

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   
The Buddhist analogy of life is a snake eating itself, and thus an infinite cycle.

Also, the Buddhist word for spirit is Naga, which means snake or spirit.

I do not say this out of disrespect for Buddhism. I believe it was one of the most intellectual satisfying religion on earth. It is a close part of the Hindu tradition which is one of the oldest recorded religions on earth. Buddhism has profound truths, and I would not be surprised if there was illuminati association with Buddhism, especially within the Theravada and Mahayana sects, or even the more modern forms of zen, and Tibetan Buddhism. It is clear that China does not like Tibet, and if the illuminati control China they must also hate Buddhism, as well as I have heard Christianity. It seems like the elite use religion as a form of control but occasionally must thwart it every so often. Buddhism is clearly against their plans, since it instructs the individual soul on how to reach absolute freedom, and so in short, they teach a person that their body is not who they truly are, this is against the plan of the illuminati which try to make us slaves to our body.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ancient_wisdom

You might find the following of interest:

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

new topics

join