It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's healthcare would outlaw individual private coverage.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by SevenThunders

Wow, so you like the idea of the government dictating to you what health insurance you can have and by proxy what kind of care you can get?

Where in my post did I state this? I know what's going on..I don't need u to tell me....I didn't state I wanted government care...but IT NEEDS TO BE CHANGED. Costs are to damn high. It shouldn't cost 10,000 dollars to have a baby (c-section)....yet....my father paid just 230 dollars for my birth when I was born back in 1976...and he was uninsured.

Insurance companies should be non profit...if you want to start somewhere....start there...maybe that would end the 5 company monopoly on HEALTH INSURANCE who are spending 1.3 million dollars a day lobbying Washington politicians....1.3 million a day that could go to CUTTING COSTS...not to mention the millions they are spending on television and radio advertising.

Spare me the rhetoric man...I know it all already. I don't like government involvement in much of anything..and not once did I say i was FOR government ran healthcare.....

Why do you feel you have the right to steal someone else's stuff and have incompetent corrupt government do-gooders take that money and manage the poor into the ground?

Where did I state this? And god forbid...when in the hell have I EVER supported corrupt government do-gooders?

Nonsense...total nonsense.

Government is corrupted for the same thing you are protecting with your stance. Corporate power runs our government which is WHY IT"S CORRUPTED.

/end.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by JulieMills

That is why I can not stress enough for those that still think that Obama health care is the best thing next to apple pie is that is nothing but a deceiving bill.

Deceiving in the same category as the lies before he became president.

Once the bill is passed he is going to need a source of income to support his bill, that is why he is targeting the employed in the nation, but most of the employed in the nation already have some kind of health care so what Obama is after is the source of income of those that already pay for health care.

He is not going after those that can not pay for health care because they don't work is those that have a pay check and are already in the system.

That is how he is going to get a steady income to support his bill.

Remember he already has told that he will not raise taxes, (a lie) as we may find out very soon and that his bill will not increase the deficit.

For those that understand what is going on, the only way you will not increase the deficit is if you use the generated income of the workers in the nation, through taxes.

He is going to create another entitlement program that is why he can not have people on private insurance with a choice.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by SevenThunders
reply to post by infolurker

Yes indeed. This does prove the point doesn't it? Oh by the way the plan requires that the government convince the elderly to off themselves; mandatory death counseling every 5 years.

I suspect the death itself will be mandated as a form of triage due to the fact that services will be rationed.

www.wnd.com...

yeah right...mandated death by the government...what's wrong with you people? do you hear what your saying?...unbelieveable...yeah...the US government is passing a mandated death law...sure they are.

and as far as rationing?? 18,000 people in 2008 died because they couldn't get their insurance company to pay for the medical service or they simply did not have insurance and could not raise the money in time by themselves. NOW THAT'S REAL RATIONING!!!! YOU GOT MONEY, YOU LIVE!!!!....YOU GOT NO MONEY, YOU DIE!!!

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

And you think that his health care is going to help the poor in the nation, dream on!!!!!!!!! he is now after the middle class that have a choice.

Before the health care start working if it ever work many will die from the mess that will be created to establish his mandatory bill.

Wake up read in between the lines he is after the 60 percent that have already insurance, he doesn't care about the 40% that doesn't yet, he needs those 60% income revenue first!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by SourGrapes
reply to post by David9176

I don't think we should trust anyone to make program decisions when the very same people are on a completely DIFFERENT program!

If they want to pass this health bill, and are so sure of its success; then they should not be exempt from it. Why do they get a special little plan, but not have it available to the populace?

OBAMA and his FAMILY, yeppers!! Those pretty little girls...would he put them on this plan? hmmmm
- The Senate, The House - THEY ALL SHOULD BE ON THE SAME HEALTH CARE PLAN!!

Obama originally proposed a plan EXACTLY like the one that is enjoyed by himself, his family and senators and congressmen. The congressmen have a range of choices concerning their coverage, some of which are private plans and some federal . All federal employees have the same range of options. The system works very well for them.

The Republicans, of course, wouldn't hear of it. There has to be a big profit in it for the big insurance and pharmaceutical companies.

So a compromise is being hammered out that involves private health insurance plans for everyone, subsidized for the poor. Democrats would also like to see a public option, like federal employees have, but it's unlikely the Republicans will accept that.

So there would be no "outlawing" of private health insurance under any of the plans.

The brief quote from the bill is too truncated to understand the full meaning.

The "Except what is provided in this paragraph" doesn't say what is in the paragraph and that can make all the difference in meaning.

Offhand, I'm guessing that it refers to new hires getting the same range of options that will be offered to the public as a whole.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join