It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Computer acting odd on ATS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   
My computer acts odd on ATS. The CPU runs are 20 to 30% even when I am not doing any thing or even touching the key board. The harddrive light stays on all the time when I am on ATS. This does not happen on any other site so why is it happing here? I find this very odd to say the least.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   
It is because your service provider is monitoring your activities on this site. I experience the same thing, called my cousin who works for my service provider, after looking at my account, sending IP pings to test and monitoring it with me while on the phone at the same time he explained the this site is flagged by the Cyber Sercurity Command Center in my State (DHS). It also happens when I am at other sites i.e. inforwars.com, prisonplanet.com, davidicke.com, stevequayle.com and a few others.

This is a safe site to surf but the (DHS) is keeping a list of all IP addresses of those who visit it. Cool Stuff, Right?

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Rams59lb

yep i get the same thing on all those sites those sites are on the terrorist watch list >.> yes thats ATS too.

and with the cyberbulling act and the hatecrimes act 90% of what people post on here would make them so called 'terrorists'

Pentagon officially announced it would declare psychological warfare on the American people by planting propaganda

make no mistake there is a war being waged against the people a covert secret war but a war none the less.

and the infiltrators/disinfo agents are everywhere.

edit to add quote link

www.prisonplanet.com...

[edit on 16-7-2009 by Bachfin]

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Bachfin

Could you please back up this quote?

If true it's very interesting.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

lol yeah mate before i even read your post i realised i forgot the quote link its there now tho

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bachfin
reply to post by Republican08

lol yeah mate before i even read your post i realised i forgot the quote link its there now tho

GoodJob!

Usually noone ever backs it up!

I'll go look at it now!

I've been sitting here refreshing: lol

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 02:37 AM
link   
The same thing happens on my computer when I am on infowars, but this does not happen when I am on ATS. I kind of figured someone was monitoring something.

It is kind of ridiculous that with all that is happening with the economy and the world, that the government is spending money to see what we read or post.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 03:18 AM
link   
The site is categorized as sensitive but i am not sure as to the reason why your computer is running in over drive. Perhaps you posted something somewhere on a site that attracted wondering eye's, then perhaps you were befriended by another online user, after a period of time, usually from one month to six months then perhaps you exchanged emails which you obviously read in order to reply. Then perhaps you exchanged some photo from the net which you have obviously seen and considered it as irrelevant but relevant to your conversation with that person.

The rest is simple, sites which harbor radical ideology or entice the viewers or readers into a frenzy are always looked over. But that does not mean there is a person who sits behind a computer every day going through forum posts one by one. For that there are ai bots. i too use them on many sites, they log in, read which ever area of a site and based on predefined coding the read and monitor particular phrases (not words) then a log with poster name, time stamp, and subsequent replies are also logged and categorized into a central watch list. The rest is known to who ever follows or has knowledge of the process and protocol that follows.

However, many site owners have key loggers or the old mouse over log, even if your typing a reply then delete and re type before posting then your previous and altered post are kept and logged for data usage into your trends and patters. In a nut shell, an electronic profile of your thoughts can be made over a period of time. If the site owner has been...., lets say visited, he could and usually does keep records of such information and forward that information to allow the continuation of his or her site. By no way am i referring to this site or any other known or unknown site's, i am merely stating what is and has been occurring for well over five years.

If you are having excessive cpu or ram usage during a visit to a site, then it just may well be cookies that have been installed in the past and when you re visit the site are just supplying information back to the origin of initial cookie installment. I would not worry too much about it as long as you have not planned some illegal activities and published your intentions on a forum board. ie i plan to hijack(

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I guessed as much. I have tried to watch what I say on the net on any site because you never know who is watching you. Thanks for the replies.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   
I have observed increased CPU usage on ATS at times, and I'm pretty sure I have determined the cause because I can reproduce it. If the page I'm viewing has animated avatars, and/or flash ads with animation, the CPU usage goes up to power the moving ads or the animated avatars. If I get to a point on ATS where I have no animations running, the CPU usage drops back down to be like any other site.

It seems highly likely that certain areas of the ATS site are monitored daily to ensure sensitive or classified information is not being made public by people illegally publishing such information here, but beyond that it seems way less likely to me that individual computers would be monitored, unless someone has made posts indicative of a terrorist threat, in which case, yes, such an individual could be monitored. However it seems unlikely that would be the case for most non-threatening users here.

If you have a lot of CPU usage even on a page with no animation, then perhaps running some spyware scans on your PC would be prudent, and do it with several different spyware detecting applications. Good luck.

new topics

top topics

join