It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bombs explode at two Jakarta hotels

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Bombs explode at two Jakarta hotels

www.stuff.co.nz

BREAKING NEWS: There are reports that bombs have exploded at two hotels in the Indonesian capital.

The facade of the 333 bedroom Ritz-Carlton hotel, in the Mega Kunigan commerical district, was blown off in one blast Friday morning.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
tvnz.co.nz

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Breaking News here in NZ on our online news sites...so just seeing what others are getting via theirs.

Of course with Jakarta having already experienced such with the bombing of the Marriot in 2003 which resulted in 12 deaths and 150 injuries.

As well as the Australian Embassy boming in 2004 resulting in 9 deaths...well...

...more of the same???

One can only hope not.

Peace.

www.stuff.co.nz
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 16-7-2009 by alien]

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   
the bit that stands out the most for me for some strange reason is the
"333 bedroom"
We know that numbers and symbology are important to some.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Bombs
War on each other
Nuclear missiles
Suicide missions
(shakes head)
I see dumb people.
Will we get it before we completely destroy ourselves?

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
More from Time.com

BBC

[edit on 16-7-2009 by alien]

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by spinkyboo

...well...in the lengthy history of Mankind thus far we haven't seemed to have picked up on the cues just yet...

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   

FOUR people were killed in nearly simultaneous explosions at the Ritz-Carlton Hotel and the Marriott Hotel in central Jakarta today, Indonesia's Metro TV reported.
Channel Seven is reporting at least one Australian is among dead.

Police have confirmed the blasts, but not yet said if they were caused by bombs.

There have not been any major bomb blasts in Indonesia for several years, and this month the country's presidential election passed off peacefully.

"There were explosions heard from two separate places, one the JW Marriott, the other in the Ritz Carlton. We are still trying to check because right now we are still helping the victims," South Jakarta Police Chief Firman Santyabudi said.

www.news.com.au...

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
pictures can be found here

www.watoday.com.au...

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Thanks for that dallas18.

Pics on i-report

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by alien
reply to post by spinkyboo

...well...in the lengthy history of Mankind thus far we haven't seemed to have picked up on the cues just yet...

I know. It amazes me - as I am sure it does many others.
How can such a (potentially) intelligent species be so determined
to cause its own demise? You would think that instead -
we would be finding ways to insure our survival.

Years of mind control and competition based living I suspect.
It's really the saddest thing...
We could be having so much fun here with each other on this big earth.

That is of course- if we really are just one (same) species -
OR I suppose it could be that killing off each other really does insure "some" of its own survival? Or that Some folks just "think" that's the way it will work.
Not buying it.

[edit on 16-7-2009 by spinkyboo]

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Jakarta has been bombed like this before, and there was much more to the explosions than was reported.

I recommend everyone Google Joe Vialls and find the articles he did on the earlier Jakarta and Bali bombings.

I'm not saying this is necessarily the same situation but it definitely raises the question of who really benefits from these things.

Edit: Here is a link: Bomb in Jakarta Hotel Was American/Israeli

[edit on 16-7-2009 by bsbray11]

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I read this earlier today:

Bomb Making Materials Found in Indonesian Islamic School

...and now this (same source, less than 12 hours later) :

Explosions in Jakarta

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   

A CAR has exploded near a shopping complex in the north of the Indonesian capital, more than two hours after two luxury hotels in the city centre were bombed, police have told local radio.

The hotel blasts killed nine people and injured around 50 this morning, Indonesia's security minister said.

www.news.com.au...

E:

pic: twitpic.com...

Twitter report that car caught on fire and exploded, probably not related

[edit on 16/7/09 by dallas18]

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   

JEMAAH Islamiah is the only group capable of carrying out the bombings at two Jakarta hotels, terrorism expert Rohan Gunaratna said.
Bombs exploded at the city's Ritz-Carlton and Marriott hotels this morning, killing at least nine people and injuring dozens.

Mr Gunaratna, head of the Singapore-based International Centre for Political Violence and Terrorism Research, said the violence in Indonesia would not stop until JI's "spiritual leader", Abu Bakir Bashir, was arrested and jailed.

He said while JI was a movement made up of splinter factions, it was the only organisation capable of acts of terror like those at the Ritz-Carlton and Marriott hotels

www.news.com.au...

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   
i think the australian government could actually be behind these attacks and also behind the bushfires.

they're gonna use this as an excuse to tell aussies not to leave their country - then they will be stuck with their fascism on the inland continent. that's their plan.

i hope our aussie friends pull through.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Manchester United were going to stay at one of the hotels this weekend. They've now cancelled the match.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hellmutt
Manchester United were going to stay at one of the hotels this weekend. They've now cancelled the match.

I can understand why they would cancel the match after something like that, but the whole incident still has my curiosity on a high.

My instinct is that these bombings are not the work of the "goups" that are being claimed.

I have a feeling that the explosive material in these bombings will have come from a US base in the area... which then will beg the question, which of the US military personnel are providing the materials to these "terrorists", and why is no one investigating?

Another terrorist act, supported and sponsored by Big Government, and not in aid of the "little people". Sad.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I suspect the WTC solution to remodeling.
Not a complete building destruction but the Illuminati could do it if they wanted.
What do you think.
The common man torches his car to collect insurance.
Are the elite any different.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Since no Americans were killed I believe that it was false flag by the CIA. Only when Muslim freedom fighters would attack that results in American deaths. You can easily tell that the CIA wants people to turn against Muslim freedom fighters that are against American imperialism. Do that then there be no sanctuary for the freedom fighters.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by munkey66
the bit that stands out the most for me for some strange reason is the
"333 bedroom"
We know that numbers and symbology are important to some.

Who is "we" and who is "some?"

I am so tired of people leaving such cryptic messages. Spell it out.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join