It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Neil Armstrong to skip Apollo 11 event

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by TurkeyBurgers

I thought the same Turkey. Something happened up there. Why else would you allow the film of the most significant event in human history to be erased. uk.news.yahoo.com... . I cant believe a room full of press and TV cameras would make this guy break a sweat after what he ( they) just did.
They went to the moon... What happened when they got there is another story yet to be told. BTW, check out history channels promo for their new program about Apollo 11 called " Moonshot". UFOs anyone ?

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Rustbelt

Yeah I have to agree how freaking insane is that!

Arguably THE GREATEST achievement of 500,000 years of human Science comprising the combination of Humanities Best Inventions, Discoveries and Theories in every single realm of Science known to mankind was put towards walking on the moon.

From our Greatest achievements in Radio and Television to Knowledge of Radiation, Physics, Chemistry, Metalworking, Engineering, Thermodynamics, Gravity, Magnetism, Electricity, Psychology, and every field of research and progress that we had at the time ALL put into getting these few humans to touch down on the surface of a celestial body other than the planet Earth.

And the video was .....erased.........

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   
He knows what can happen to him.
I think the only way to bolster his courage is to tell him that
no human will ever go to the Moon and survive due to radiation.
That way the sham wow will continue.
ED: History erased, try a little Tesla.
He's the one that said we need 36" of lead shielding outside
the Earth. Yet Von Braun might have known but forbidden to
work on the Tesla saucer any more and had to stick with rockets.
More and more people living a lie every day.

[edit on 7/16/2009 by TeslaandLyne]

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by TeslaandLyne

Actually the radiation is not that bad, and also they made a course which avoided the worst of it.

You can hold some forms of radioactive materials for some time and have no negative affects. Just don't hold it forever.

I do see Mr. Teslaandlyne post a lot of things that are simply untrue these days. I'm beginning to ponder why?

[edit on 17-7-2009 by Gorman91]

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   

....a little Tesla.
He's the one that said we need 36" of lead shielding outside
the Earth.

Well he was wrong then, wasn't he?!

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

It is impossible for Tesla to be wrong to this user, after prolonged observations of his posts.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
What if Tesla meant the entire Earth shield.
All sides.
He indicated measuring sea level and high altitude levels at a 50% point.
Thats the details whatever that means.
We can't tell if electronics going to the Moon or Mars are radiation harden.
We will be told lies if need be.
The space sham wow radiation levels are in a holding pattern.
ED: Levels on the Moon, not van Allen Belt.
ED+: More strange stuff: Nazi cylinder UFO craft had 11" stainless
steel hull. Looks like that went nowhere and its up to us to prove that
levels on the Moon are OK. Thinking a month trip to Mars might find
lower levels of radiation and will be OK. Still think the Moon is hot.

[edit on 7/17/2009 by TeslaandLyne]

[edit on 7/17/2009 by TeslaandLyne]

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   

What the hell are you even talking about?

If I understand you correctly, you're still wrong.

Spaniards sent a camera well into the upper limits of the atmosphere. The camera did not die.

Companies send rockets into space. They work.

TV comes in from it too. It works.

How can they lie?

This is silly.

Radiation in space is not as bad as you claim. Yes, you will get cancer eventually, but they already have insects that have been in bare space, and survived.

www.space-travel.com...

Sorry. But you're wrong on this. We went to the moon. The radiation is not as bad as you think. This fact will not change.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by 2shores

I just hope this poor tortured man can find some peace in his life before he dies.

I would equate his guilt with that of the pilots of the Enola Gay (dropped the Atomic bomb on Japan).

I can only image the level of alcohol and substance abuse these men have endured for years. Surly they would be forgiven and even supported by the public if they just came clean.

That’s the message we need to get to Neil is – “we don’t blame you”.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by WatchNLearn

Why do your "hoaxists" only focus on Armstrong and Aldrin???

Why not go hound the other 19 still living???

(OH, before I get accused of someting, I am counting Apollo 13. Heck, to be fair, I should have added in Apollo 8 and 10...there are six more!!!

Of course, some were repeats....and at least two are deceased....)

BUT, go hound them!!! Sheesh

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   

As weed said, you're not looking at other people.

Don't pull a strawman here. Just because a few are not happy does not make them all unhappy.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker

Why do your "hoaxists" only focus on Armstrong and Aldrin???

Because it is easier to go after the weakest link. The others have had far to much training and mind control put on them to crack them. Armstrong was the first and they hadn't perfected thier lying skills.

By getting Armstrong to come clean, we can assume the rest are filthy liars by default

So no, no need to go after the others - just focus all our energy on the best bet for an outcome.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   

I just hope this poor tortured man can find some peace in his life before he dies.

I would equate his guilt with that of the pilots of the Enola Gay (dropped the Atomic bomb on Japan).

You are treading on dangerously thin ice there....

The others have had far to much training and mind control put on them to crack them. Armstrong was the first and they hadn't perfected thier lying skills.

The ice is cracking....and your mind control is starting to show...

By getting Armstrong to come clean, we can assume the rest are filthy liars by defaut...

OH....Uh oh....watch out....!!!

I can only image the level of alcohol and substance abuse these men have endured for years.

SNAP! CRACK!! CRASH!!!! You just fell through.

I find your level of insinuation to be most unappealing, and actually quite disgusting. Let's hope no one speaks of YOU in this manner.

Does this photo look lke Armstrong is "tortured"....morose, sad, moody, brainwashed, mindcontrolled, etc, etc???

www.nasaimages.org...
resident-Nixon-visits-Apollo-11-cr

Golly gee --- losing one's religion is difficult, ain't it??

[edit on 17 July 2009 by weedwhacker]

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   

I hope you realize that brain washing has never been succerssfully demonstrated under scientific observation.

You can influence a mind, you can control a mind, but you can not change what a mind knows as fact of what happened.

As an example of something I did to someone as a test. I wore a shirt with a skull on it, pointed to a skeleton for a joke, said "tobor" in a sentence, and mentioned "movie" a couple of times. Then at the end of the day when i asked if he wanted to see the new terminator film, he said yes, even though he didn't like it a day ago.

You can influence the mind. By you cannot delete memories or brainwash it to believe certain things. You can only add, never delete.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Hey, WNL, hate to burst your conspiracy bubble on Armstrong and Company, but I just got this from an email I received. I'd say it describes in better terms the reasons people do what they do...doesn't take any "Brain-washing" or other BS like that!!!

(I emphasized a few portions I thought relevant)

www.telegraph.co.uk...

A few minutes into our conversation, Buzz Aldrin makes it clear that we won't be spending much time reliving the day that began a new chapter in the history of the human race and made him one of the most famous people on – and off – the planet. It's not that the Second Man on the Moon doesn't want to talk about his space odyssey; it's just that he thinks he should be suitably rewarded for doing so.

Sharing his extraterrestrial experiences is, he concedes, "an appropriate and necessary thing: it's what people want. But I can't just keep doing that for ever in my life [he's 79] unless I'm appropriately compensated."

So, is he reluctant to talk about Apollo 11? "No, I wouldn't say I'm reluctant, but my [interest] is not in the past…" And he proceeds to roll out a diversionary anecdote about how, when he was young, his father would reminisce endlessly about the early days of aviation and how "regrettable" that was. He is and always has been, he says, "future-oriented".

Surprisingly, Aldrin's reservations about describing what it's like to kick up moon dust for an hour and a half, as he did on July 20, 1969, are in marked contrast to his willingness to discuss – free of charge – the dark side of his life: his struggles with depression and alcoholism, his two failed marriages, his difficult relationship with his father, and the tragedy of his mother (born Marion Moon), who killed herself shortly before the lunar mission because she did not think she could handle her son's imminent fame.

And, while refusing to elaborate on his celebrated description of the Moon's "magnificent desolation" – the title of his new autobiography – he is happy to talk about the man who accompanied him on his incredible journey. Not that happy is quite the word to describe his relationship with Neil Armstrong – now or 40 years ago.

Is he still in touch with Armstrong or Michael Collins, the third crew member, who stayed in lunar orbit? "Well," he says, not quite answering the question, "they have personalities that are different, each one, and they're different than mine. We worked together as a very close team, not jocular but very seriously determined to carry out [the task] we were given."

So it was a professional relationship? "Absolutely professional, yes."

And it didn't continue after Apollo 11? "Not that much. Hardly at all."

He sees Armstrong very rarely: the last time was at Nasa's 50th anniversary celebrations in 2008. "I was expected to be there," he says, adding in passing an observation that throws a revealing light on their relationship: "No one mentioned that I was there."

Men being men....period. NO CONSPIRACY!!!!!!

Sheesh!

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I must say wow at that Weed. I never thought they were so ordinary. I thought they'd at least have some parts in them that are honorable and such, but oh well. You're right. It's just men being men.

Wow though. Never though they'd all basically be Jonathan Archers in the modern era. Roddenberry must really feel sad that humanity won't be that legendarily enlightened people that he wished they'd be when we go to space.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Anyone who says we haven't been to the Moon have either not examined the evidence, unable to understand the evidence or an idiot.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

Roddenberry must really feel sad that humanity won't be that legendarily enlightened people...

Risk of being off-topic, but ain't that the truth??!!

BUT, as homage to Roddenberry, even HE saw the inherent flaws in Humanity, as individuals. If you recall the OS episode Metamorphosis, Zefram Cochran is found (alive and well, but that's part of the story) and although he was exalted as a hero, he is shown to be only too Human.

The fame and adulation proved too much to bear....this is the genius of Roddenberry. His vision was the surpassing of those petty frailties as individuals.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Yep.

Notice how Star trek humans have science ships and diplomacy, while no battle ships or cruisers or fighters. And no matter how pressed for war they become, they never build war ships. Just better offensive science ships.

Sadly I feel humanity will have to be shot back to Earth for a while to be taught a lesson, assuming we don't continue to advance to such a rate that we will be able to stop anything wanting to teach us a lesson.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by 2shores

That is libellous and incredibly offensive.

Who are you you to make such accusations and where is your evidence?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join