It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who Came Up With... CZAR ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Does anyone know or have an opinion on this Czar fad in government ?

The first I remember of it was Reagan's drug Czar. Today's Arizona Daily Star referred to the ' border Czar '. I believe there are others, aren't there ?

1. What genius decided on Czar ? The last real Czar was shot dead along with his entire family. What an example.

2. Why not Emperor , Fuhrer , Lord , Chieftain , Shogun , Khan , Sultan... well - you get the drift.

So , what's up with this ?

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
to be honest, i have no idea what a czar is !?!?

ive always wondered what they are, and what exactly they do, if anything..

ive only ever heard people be names czars, but never seen any work in action, except for the anti drugs czar, he was on tv all the time.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Czar is a product of the latter Bush Administration. Straight from the strange mind of Emperor Bush (lol).

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Skelkie3

The word czar is originally from the Russian tsar.

Why on Earth America would want that as a label on a position of authority is beyond me.

I am only a servant to the master, and I ask no questions, only follow orders.

Someone look it up in the dictionary.

[edit on 30-7-2009 by Fifth_Column_Movement]

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
It's just their way of confusing us, we don't hear about the official "Cabinet" members because there aren't any, they are all just lobbyists with a czar label, and what do they do for us? Well they bypass our consent that's all.

dictionary.reference.com...
–noun
1. an emperor or king.
2. (often initial capital letter) the former emperor of Russia.
3. an autocratic ruler or leader.
4. any person exercising great authority or power in a particular field: a czar of industry.
Also, tsar, tzar.

[edit on 30-7-2009 by theuhstuf]

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Maybe Senator McCarthy was right after all!

Perhaps Communists did infiltrate our highest levels of government back in the early 1950s.

We shouldn't have stopped the McCarthy Trials that were attempting to root out these Soviet deep-cover spies that were taking up positions in Congress.

Now, even though the Cold-War is a long forgotten memory, these deep-cover spies and their children have continued to fulfill their original mission to turn the American government into Communist Russia. They are accomplishing their mission by using Russian terms such as "Czar" and "Homeland" and "Comrade" in government!

OMG! We have to push back the Red Tide before it is too late!

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
It's probably one of those tongue in cheek things that was used between ministers (or what ever you yanks have as an equivalent) You know some guy spouts off about say drugs - and he is actually well informed and passionate, his peers call him a drugs tsar... Then it filters into the media - it's an acceptable and it just moves into common usage.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
First, Czars (tzars or Tsars, take your pick) were NOT communists.

Czar is also a term that is used as a metaphor, to mean position of authority.

It's used in the US government as an informal title. The MSM has latched onto it because it's eye catching.

Many of these positions are true cabinet members with senate approval, and others are not. But this isn't anything new, a president will have hundreds and hundreds of people working for him that he appoints and that neither we the people or our representatives get a say so about.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Fifth_Column_Movement
reply to post by Skelkie3

The word czar is originally from the Russian tsar.

Why on Earth America would want that as a label on a position of authority is beyond me.

I am only a servant to the master, and I ask no questions, only follow orders.

Someone look it up in the dictionary.

[edit on 30-7-2009 by Fifth_Column_Movement]

Actually,' czar ' ( like ' Kaiser ' ) are local names for ' Caeser '.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Bazart
Actually,' czar ' ( like ' Kaiser ' ) are local names for ' Caeser '.

Right! And in Juvenalian Latin, Caesar is pronounced "Kaiser", with a hard C, not "seezer".

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   

edit on 30-1-2014 by rupertg because: (no reason given)

top topics

join