It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexico slaps visa requirements on Canadian diplomats

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Mexico slaps visa requirements on Canadian diplomats

www.cbc.ca

Mexico has retaliated against Canada for imposing visa restrictions, saying Canadian officials and diplomats will need visas to enter Mexico.

Mexican Foreign Minister Patricia Espinosa made the announcement Thursday during trilateral talks in Washington with U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and Canadian Foreign Affairs Minister Lawrence Cannon.

She said Mexico would not force Canadian tourists — who number 1.3 million a year and are vital to the Mexican economy — to get visas...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Well looks like Mexico is trying to get back at Canada for requiring a Visas. I actually find this a little humorous. Mexico is only requiring Canada's diplomats to get a visa, so I'm not sure what they hope to accomplish here. What are they gonna do? Deny the Canadian diplomats a visa? I really doubt that, this has no ill effects on Canada that I can see.

Even if Mexico denies visas to Canadian diplomats, that only hurts Mexico...

Any thoughts?

www.cbc.ca
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
My god. I was in Niagara the other day and there was no shortage of Mexicans.

its not like we flee to Mexico to escape war/drug violence/persecution. This is a ridiculous and childish move by the Mexican government. We are trying to protect our borders and our jobs, they are just being difficult.

But, it is pretty funny. Its not often we get into little bouts with Mexico, with the USA stimulating real problems between us. come to think of it, this is directly following the US's decision to crack down on their boarders. That was with passports, but its a boarder security move none-the-less.

[edit on 16-7-2009 by Kevin_X2]

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Yeah I see mexicans up here in canada trying to make a living. Hmm. It's funny when you think about the other things we could do to them? Like, not allow any of them in? lol. We wouldn't do that, cause this IS kinda childish like the above poster said, but i'm pretty sure mexican doesn't have anything we need that can't easily be replaced or reoriented towards another country, in terms of import/export.

top topics

join