It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA ADMITS: Moon Landing Tapes Got Erased

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

What does this have to do with the landing hoax? Bummer about the originals being gone but I fail to see how this enhances the hoax stand.

Hundreds of photographs, miles of film, 800+ pounds of rocks, thousands of people involved. How does some bureaucrat's very bad idea affect anything? Somehow the conspiracy lovers pounced on it as something important to their cause.

[edit on 7/16/2009 by Phage]

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

That's not the video I watched.

There is footage showing them all in the lunar module, acting exactly as if they are on the mission, when suddenly you see something in front of a light, that is cylindrical.

While watching the footage, the interviewer asks Buzz, what is that?

Buzz answers, saying it's something or other, I forget what he suggests it is.

Then someone calls cut, the lights come on, and it turns out it's a microphone, and someone moves it out of the way.

At that point, Buzz gets hostile, and starts barraging the interviewer, who is still very calm, with all number of things, suggestions of physical violence, etc.

What proof do you have that we ever landed on the Moon and filmed it? What can you show me that is conclusive that this footage is exactly what they say it is and nothing else? And why would they be rehearing being in the LM as if it were a Hollywood set, microphones and all? Training the astronauts is one thing but what I saw footage of was not training them for anything important as far as I could discern.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
Hundreds of photographs, miles of film, 800+ pounds of rocks, thousands of people involved.

What about any of that proves that you are actually looking at footage from a lunar landing?

Incredulity is not evidence.

Edit to clarify, I am the skeptic here. You are the believer. I am a firm believer in science but science requires certain things before something is considered "proven." You know what I mean. Hooray for skeptics.

[edit on 16-7-2009 by bsbray11]

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
Again, source and footage??

You can't make this stuff up.

Lots of people have....

Like NASA

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   
To the OP:
one: yes
two: no
three: no
WE WENT TO THE MOON
Now what was found there and in transit is another story.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Kevin_X2

Hey Kevin, star and flag.

I'm not that big into the whole "moon landing hoax" thing to be very honest. However, I will admit that there are quite a few things that'll make you go "hmm", even if only by coincidence.

However, one thing has always stuck in the back of my mind. I read, or saw somewhere that, "It's impossible to have gotten those tapes back from the moon landing because they weren't shielded properly and would have been ruined" or something to that tune.

So here's a thought that popped up into my mind.

What if NASA did in fact go to the moon, however, they didn't take into consideration (or they just plain failed) in keeping the tapes safe from radiation and the cold?

And instead of saying, "Yeah Russia, we've already been to the moon, but our tapes got fried in the process and hence, no proof...", they instead re-did the moon landing?

Sorry, it's 4:19am and my mind tends to ramble.

Peace,
FK

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   
The Moon Landing Tapes Got Erased?
Ah - come on...
Really?

They don't have a nice safe place for the Moon Landing Tapes?!
Wow - if that's the case - we need some new handlers at NASA - NOW!

Just don't hire the same handlers that lost the vials at Fort Detrick -
www.washingtonpost.com...

The amount of "coincidental error" is insulting.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Well keep in mind one minor point here. NASA had the technology and know how to video tape the event. This was groundbreaking technology at the time and NASA was and should have been very proud of it. To trivialize the taping and erasing of early Apollo mission footage as it was an afterthought and they wouldn't have known to keep the tapes is nuts. This would have been a serious break in protocol to say the least. Heads should have rolled for this.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   
www.jp.dk danish newspaper, (translated)

On Monday, its 40 years since the astronauts landed on the moon, but since Nasa some time ago started looking for the original tapes of the recordings, they have found nothing.

So said representatives from Nasa today at a press conference in Washington DC

Studies have subsequently shown that the tapes were probably overwritten with other data during the 1970s and 1980s, when Nasa chose to overwrite about 200,000 tapes with, among other things, video.

An additional copy - a form of backup - has also been erased over the years

Nasa reported for the first time thursday an observatory in Australia also recorded the Lunar footage transmission - probably even better quality than anything that exists now.

Despite several trips to Australia, interviews with former employees and searches NASA has not yet succeeded to find the tapes.

"We do not know if they still exist, but we want them," said Richard Nafzger from Nasa.

[edit on 16-7-2009 by conar]

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage Bummer about the originals being gone but I fail to see how this enhances the hoax stand.

Well judging by the comments in this thread by people who never gave the hoax theory any credibility... I would say a lot.. especialy since its reported on main stream news. Many are at least saying 'something is fishy'

Rocks? what rocks?
OH you mean the ons NASA told you they brought from the moon Ah I see... well I am still trying to understand how a rock was on Mars, got blasted off the planet, just happened to head to Earth, fell through the atmosphere and landed in Antarctica where von Braun and team found 'Martian Meteoritse' just lying on the ice. And since we have never been on Mars, (supposedly) how would they know that the material WAS from Mars
And after all that tremendous batch of impossible circinmstances it just happened to have traces left at the core of what has been called evidence of life...

And you think my stories are wild?

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Mars?
Now we're talking about Mars?

We didn't know about meteorites from the Moon until they were matched with the rocks brought back by Apollo (and Luna 16).

meteorites.wustl.edu...

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
We didn't know about meteorites from the Moon until they were matched with the rocks brought back by Apollo (and Luna 16).

Uh huh or they found a huge meteorite and made Moon rocks, That would be a match too.

Just saying...

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

So, did they find this giant lunar meteorite before Kennedy's directive? Or was it just a happy coincidence? "Hey guys, we found this great big meteorite. We don't know where it's from but it does match these other ones so let's break it up and say they're all from the Moon. Yeah, that's the ticket!"

The only problem is the first meteorite that was recognized as matching the Moon rocks was found in 1979 (though it was not reconized at that time). Oh what a tangled web. Oh, and the individual Moon rocks could not have come from the same source.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage"Hey guys, we found this great big meteorite. We don't know where it's from but it does match these other ones so let's break it up and say they're all from the Moon. Yeah, that's the ticket!"

Now your getting the idea... I am sure you could chip off 800 pounds from this puppy and hardly notice it...

www.omniplan.hu...

Point here is the only way we KNOW its supposed to be from the moon is because THEY said so. It could easily be a collection of space rock

And it still doesn't explain how all these 'meteorites' came from Mars(ALH84001) or the Moon in the first place. I mean one maybe but what are the odds all these rocks leaping off the moon and mars, achieving escape velocity and just happening to hit the earth and be sitting on the ice just waiting for pickup?

I just don't see the logic

[edit on 16-7-2009 by zorgon]

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Can we at least agree that NASA cannot be trusted when it comes to what they say and indeed the growing amount of evidence shows this in all its glory?

Can we at least agree that NASA are aware of other races other than our own and that they continue to keep the truth from us in order to fulfil their own agendas?

Is it possible

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 04:45 AM
link   
OMG OMG..they erased the moon landing tapes oooo come on...

i'm only a simple guy and still got on CD Max Payne (for me best game ever ).....

these guys got it right at the 1st attempt landing men on the moon and they couldnt keep the tapes safe (not re-recording on them)..the most important video tapes in the History of Mankind!!!!..not even bothering creating multiple backups !!!..this is insane...the only thing that hurts me is that there was JFK as a president...i beleive in him and it will hurt me to death if i ever know he knew that the moon landing was a HOAX

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by PrisonerOfSociety
Why is it so hard to believe the first landings were faked?

Lol, thats the spirit. Everything is a hoax.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Im so sorry but I feel compelled to add this to the mix. This is a video that proves quite clearly the lengths NASA go to in order to conceal what really happened in 1969.

Again I apologise to all those on this site that support NASA to the hilt. But I believe you should see the truth.

(WARNING) watch at your own risk, its possible that you could change your mind after seeing what really happened.

[edit on 17-7-2009 by franspeakfree]

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by frankensence
You guys are being way to harsh on NASA. Magnetic tape is a scarce commodity, and needs to be reused whenever possible. The moon landings were hardly worthy of permanent archiving on the original tapes. In fact I can't believe NASA feels it necessary to store the STS mission videos in digital format, think of all that disk storage going to waste on such superfluous endeavors.

A MONUMENTAL endeavour , at serious risk to life for the astronauts, an an Earth shattering piece of news to the world and NASA decided to erase and reuse the tape.

The moon landing 'unworthy' of keeping on the originals?
What a load of HOGWASH, a moment like that lost in time forever simply beause they wanted to reuse the tape?

If I were in charge of something like NASA I'd have kept the original , transferred it to another type of cassette for release and then just bought another tape for the next moon mission, after all its not like they didn't have the money to buy another tape is it?

They had 'unknowns' on the tape and wanted to hide it, digitally remastered? digitally erased and altered more like.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Give NASA a break here. Who would be crazy to spend $50 for recording accessories when they can re-use old monumental, and historic recordings.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join