It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA ADMITS: Moon Landing Tapes Got Erased

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by PrisonerOfSociety
How can they loose or tape over a monumental piece of film. What utter BS.

We are not talking a 'piece of film' missing... and from NASA's own records it seems they existed for some time...

I have a material handling sheet dated Jan 13th 1979 that shows 452 BOXES each containing 7 reels of analog tape...

The tapes we are talking about look like THIS

Replayed on machines that look like THIS

In another article on CNN

CNN.com - 'One small step for man,' 700-box tape loss for NASA -
Aug 14, 2006

WASHINGTON (Reuters) -- The U.S. government has misplaced the original recording of the first moon landing, including astronaut Neil Armstrong's famous "one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind," a NASA spokesman said on Monday.

Armstrong's famous space walk, seen by millions of viewers on July 20, 1969, is among transmissions that NASA has failed to turn up in a year of searching, spokesman Grey Hautaloma said.

"We haven't seen them for quite a while. We've been looking for over a year and they haven't turned up," Hautaloma said.

The tapes also contain data about the health of the astronauts and the condition of the spacecraft. In all, some 700 boxes of transmissions from the Apollo lunar missions are missing, he said.

faves.com...

So as I said not just a piece of film

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by frankensence

I agree, magnetic tapes are becoming increasingly scarce. It would be a real waste to leave those tapes just sitting around without putting them to good use again, taping the Beverly Hillbillies or Andy Griffith or anything else somebody might actually get some use out of.

Before the debate even starts: There is a very common denominator to all the debunkers' claims about the moon landing being authentic: they only disprove straw-man claims. They do not actually PROVE we ever went to the Moon, or at least that we ever went there and broadcast it on live TV. I don't think we did it, either. I have seen too many things that just do not make any sense at all, especially the behaviors of the astronauts themselves since they've been back.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
Can we please stop beating this horse? It's dead already, and is not coming back to life.

How the hell do you figure it a dead issue when Reuters MAIN STREAM news is reporting this NOW? You bet its coming back to life with main stream media getting on the ball.

Mainstream media is like the Turtle but once they get on it... look out

Me? Having fun watching people squirm right now... but I promise not the say "I told you so"

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

...especially the behaviors of the astronauts themselves since they've been back.

Ah hah!! So you admit they went!!

You didn't say, but you're likely referring to one well-worn trinket the "hoax" donkeys like to trot out...ONE press conference, where the three men aren't 'giddy' or something...sheesh! They are professionals!

Wanna see 'giddy'???

No, bsbray, the concerns about the 'fakery' are not warranted.

Over 800 pounds of Lunar samples? Studied by thousands of scientists worldwide?

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11
I agree, magnetic tapes are becoming increasingly scarce. It would be a real waste to leave those tapes just sitting around without putting them to good use again, taping the Beverly Hillbillies or Andy Griffith or anything else somebody might actually get some use out of.

You mean like THESE?

Missing Lunar Orbiter Tapes Found in an abandoned McDonald's now called McMoon

You heard it first here...
Missing Lunar Orbiter Tapes Found
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 16-7-2009 by zorgon]

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

so, by your standards, we could take pictures of the Rosetta stone and carve pictures of giraffes over the Rosetta stone because we have a good enough copy to analyze. Well, what if someone carved over the Rosetta stone before we copied it. We think we have a great version of the stone, with accurate translations, but really its been tampered with to hide the truth behind the language.

im not satisfied with "they didn't think about it at the time"

what were they thinking about? all this footage from the moon... and they tape over it. What was broadcasted to us could not have been everything. I'm sure multiple cameras were in action at different angles capturing everything they could.

The fact that their saying "oops, we accidentally taped over it" is inexcusable for this kind of an organization. Liken it to losing all the gold in your treasury, or all the money in your federal reserve account.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

thanks for finding that, that's what i was referring to in my OP

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I think Richard Hoagland is having a fit over these newly released tapes.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
weedwhacker I am not denying what you say i was just saying "IF" they do have something to hide maybe this is the reason why,As i said i don't doubt they landed on the moon just if some of the footage was faked maybe it was because the quality of the footage being broadcast wasn't good enough.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Kevin_X2

Your 'Rosetta Stone' analogy is not relevant, not even close!

I'm sure multiple cameras were in action at different angles capturing everything they could.

Multiple cameras? Well, the one B/W video, and the Hasselblad still camera with genuine color film!!

zorgon, could you dig up the exterior shot of "McMoon's"? AND, some background enlightenment for the 'lemmings'?? Please?

(Don't exert yourself...)

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kevin_X2
thanks for finding that, that's what i was referring to in my OP

Wasn't hard to find, seeing as I am still in the thick of it

Multiple cameras? Well, the one B/W video, and the Hasselblad still camera with genuine color film!!

How about the fiber optics TV camera that they had up there, does that count? And where is that film?

And while we are mentioning 'intentional' perhaps you care to tackle why the transcripts of the conversations were CLASSIFIED until 1976?

With the additional tag...

zorgon, could you dig up the exterior shot of "McMoon's"? AND, some background enlightenment for the 'lemmings'?? Please?

(Don't exert yourself...)

I posted the link to the thread... just push the lemmings through the door

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

why do you want NASA to lose the films so bad? You seem to believe in the moon landing 100% without a doubt. And now it seems your claims are grounded on nothing but copies of copies of the original footage of one of the most crucial moon missions.

Its like, "yeah, we went. but we don't have the tapes we said we had, then we said we lost. instead, just stop looking for them, because they dont exist anymore. but here's some nicely doctored and colorful copies of the event as we portrayed it on television."

you hate the moon, don't you?\

and your wrong, my analogy is just fine. Erasing history, weather its ours or someone elses, is an affront to science, art, and respect for all we have accomplished.

We didn't go to the moon enough times to warrant taping over the footage. The tapes we get now days are scrutinized heavily before release. Those tapes, were they to be found, would reveal the moon as it is.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

I really don't know why the document was considered "classified". Were Apollos 12 - 17 also? Apollo 8, 9 and 10?

Can only suggest....just knowing how pilots talk....if they're not on the radio, those ex-Navy guys can use some foul language...

Your image here, I never noticed the date stamp there, before...did you?
It is stamped "June 1969"
Must be a reason?

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kevin_X2Erasing history, weather its ours or someone elses, is an affront to science, art, and respect for all we have accomplished.

I year ago Wikipedia said...

During the Apollo programme, he was one of the presenters of BBC television's coverage of the moon landing missions. The tapes of these broadcasts no longer exist: conflicting stories have circulated as to what precisely happened to them, or whether the broadcasts were recorded at all.
(its still in the edit history)

Today Wikipedia says...

Moore was a presenter of the BBC's television's coverage of the moon landing missions.

en.wikipedia.org...

A while back in our Stargate thread Wikipedia had an item..

Roland Emmerich and Dean Devlin were sued by an Egyptology student for allegedly stealing the storyline as the student had submitted the story to them about ten years before the movie was made (they "rejected" the story at the time). The plaintiff had a respected Egyptologist from Johns Hopkins University vouch for him, since he had put his own theories into the story. The only differences between the story and the movie are slight name variations. The issue was finally settled out of court.

That item is now deleted. It was deleted two weeks after we posted that in the thread...

HOWEVER fortunately for us... the original source still has it...
Internet Movie Data Base
www.imdb.com...

The more time passes the more little scraps of history are deleted by those who must certainly have an agenda... Who knows what all has been lost.

In the case of these examples a lot of digging will return the items, but how many people would
A) know the data existed in the first place just reading the 'revision'
B) take the time to look for past versions

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   

I really don't know why the document was considered "classified". Were Apollos 12 - 17 also? Apollo 8, 9 and 10?

Yes all of them

Can only suggest....just knowing how pilots talk....if they're not on the radio, those ex-Navy guys can use some foul language...

Well as a pilot you would know... I suppose that is what NASA means they 'cleaned up' the transcripts... because no foul language shows in the transcripts. Makes one wonder what else was 'cleaned up'

At least the references to the Music Apollo 1o heard are still intact

Apollo 10 Music Behind the Moon

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Your image here, I never noticed the date stamp there, before...did you?
It is stamped "June 1969"
Must be a reason?

Well Apollo 10 supposedly returned May 26., 1969, so I would imagine it took a few days to type and 'clean up' the transcript.

Jim Oberg posted this...

NASA puts Apollo-11 cabin tape recordings on line

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Can we please stop beating this horse? It's dead already, and is not coming back to life.

I never thought it had life in the first place

Again, to repeat, the story is referring ONLY to the Apollo 11 video. The very idea of live video from the Moon was sort of a last-minute afterthought. This is 1969!!!

Live video as an afterthought, you've got to be kidding. What's '69 got to do with the price of cheese. There's the 'WWII: The Lost Color Archives', 30 years previous to astronots doing there 'thang. They must have had the tech to bounce back signals, albeit de-interlacing and downsampling of video which could have been buffered over time from orbiter. Sending live video would be a perfunctory task compared to driving a lunar buggy around for a distance of 36km over 4 1/2 hours, and all the logistics involved with that!!!!

So there wasn't a short-sleeved white-shirtednerd at NASA who thought ahead to save the Apollo11 tapes!?! They had plenty of better-looking footage, in color...it's only later, with the 'conspiracies' being talked about, that the issue comes up!!!

It was stupid, and showed a lack of thinking, but to say that it was done 'intentionally', in 1969, just to 'cover' something is just way out there....

"lack of thinking" - now i know you're joking
Computing Keplers laws of motion to attain target trajectories, life support, rocket science in general and they didn't think to save originally streamed moon video. It beggars belief wheedwhacker, and you know it

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I never really took the moon landing conspiracies seriously UNTIL NOW!

What a bunch of baloney. "We erased the tapes"

So it's either aliens or we didn't go to the moon at all.

NASA that was really lame.

[edit on 16-7-2009 by Leo Strauss]

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I heard the new version is gonna be digitally enhanced and remastered. I hope it;s got good special effects this time and maybe we can finally see Neil Armstrong played by Keeanu Reeves and he'll be able to stop alien bullets and shoot lasers out his eyeballs.

The new movie also needs some huge mechwarrior bots for keeanu to get all "I'm THE ONE" with and blast their titanium nuts off with his eyeball lasers.

This is gonna be cool!!!! Real history was boring anyway, let's digitally remaster it all.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by PrisonerOfSociety

There's the 'WWII: The Lost Color Archives', 30 years previous to astronots doing there 'thang.

Why bring up the WWII stuff?? Are you implying that there were video cameras and technology to see video images transmitted by rasdio waves in WWII???

Your analogy bears no fruit....

They must have had the tech to bounce back signals, albeit de-interlacing and downsampling of video which could have been buffered over time from orbiter.

Huh?

Sending live video would be a perfunctory task ...

Well...yes, as long as you bring a video camera with you, and set it up to "de-interlace and downsample", whatever that is....

My point is, they certainly had experience with live TV feeds from inside the spacecraft, they'd been doing that for some years, especially 'cuz it was good PR to keep the funding coming from Congress!!

Those cameras were designed to work INSIDE, not out on the Lunar surface. I believe, also, they were attached with a cable --- they were not wireless.

What was a rather last-minute idea was to have the camera mounted in the MESA compartment, in the Descent Module, so that it could be activated by Armstrong, once he was on the 'porch', to see "live" his climb down the ladder, and step off the pad onto the surface!

Again....it was poor, but as I sat and watched (remember, it was 1969....we saw 'live' satellite video from around the World which was pretty poor quality, and although better than the Apollo 11 that day, it still pales in comparison to today's standards) and on our 25-inch Quasar TV in the den it looked pretty good.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join