It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Shouldn't We (The U.S.) Just Take Over the World?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

It seems we're not too far off in our ideals, Jenna. I have thoroughly enjoyed our discussion. (sounds like a 'dear John' don't it.
)

I guess I just wish they could use one of the fancy satellites or something and fry them bastards from space without every endangering our troops. I know they signed up for it....it just doesn't make it any easier.

I apologize for being so bull-headed and quick to assign beliefs to you. You've helped me see a couple things about myself that I'm not real comfortable with.

Just to be a pain in the rump, I STILL BELIEVE that if we are going to do this make believe 'bringin Al Qaeda to justice' thing, We ought to just invade all of the countries they are in and 'get it on. '

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons
reply to post by Mintwithahole.

The taliban are a bunch of pansies compared to what much of the western world has been doing for even the last 50 years across the world.We have morals...maybe "we" do,but we are also apathetic..the people that run our countries are nothing short of savages plain and simple and are more brutal than the taliban could even wish to be,albeit more discreet.

[edit on 18-7-2009 by Solomons]

I agree with you. The Taliban could learn a thing or two about being ruthless and thorough in your oppression, subjugation and execution from at least a couple governments I have heard about.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Gas pipeline + opium = why afghanistan.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Of course we are going to go to war with the country that is most economically feasible...

The thing that confuses me though is if that (^) is the case, why do so many "leaders" throw out ridiculous plans?

It seems that as long as they can keep the economy afloat, they get the sense they can run whatever other ideas they want through!

America is more than a country with a good (or used to be, still better than a lot of others) economy...it is a country with more freedom than many other places. Not total freedom, or close to it, but it is better than a lot.

Why they want to change that I do not know.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by KSPigpen
I guess I just wish they could use one of the fancy satellites or something and fry them bastards from space without every endangering our troops. I know they signed up for it....it just doesn't make it any easier.

First, my apologies for the late response. Went on vacation and didn't have internet access.

Back to the topic at hand, I agree that would be great. Nothing would please me more than to take out the few without endangering the many. Maybe some day.. We can hope anyway.

I apologize for being so bull-headed and quick to assign beliefs to you. You've helped me see a couple things about myself that I'm not real comfortable with.

No worries. Sometimes I do too good of a job at seeing things from both sides and tend to confuse people on what it is I actually believe.
As for helping you see things about yourself, that's what we come here for isn't it? I do anyway. Learning things about yourself isn't always easy, but it makes you better in the long run I think. I've learned quite a few things about myself since I started coming here. It's not always easy to face, but face it we must.

Just to be a pain in the rump, I STILL BELIEVE that if we are going to do this make believe 'bringin Al Qaeda to justice' thing, We ought to just invade all of the countries they are in and 'get it on. '

We could, but I still believe it wouldn't work the way we want it to and that it's a bad idea. Agree to disagree?

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

Nah...we don't disagree on too much of it really.

I just think they need to stop killing. Give it a little time and that hippy Bin Laden will poke his head out eventually...if he's still around....maybe just spray the whole middle east with something that would make all of al qaeda glow orange. Some sort of genetic marker.

I Do agree that it wouldn't end up the way they want it to though. I don't think it ever really does.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by KSPigpen

It's funny that India is shown in green. Whoever made that map has no idea of what's going on. India is one of the most corrupt places on the planet. The thing people of the outside world don't know is that in India you are free only if you have money/power.

You can get away with murder, rape, pedophilia, extortion, bribery, and any other crime imaginable in India. That is, if you have the money to pay people off. Everyone has a price in India, from the constable at the police station to the ministers in congress.

I have seen people thrown in jail and their life destroyed just for stealing a fruit from a fruit cart. Why? because they are poor.

Even a simple process, such as getting a new passport in India can be a hassle which can take months. But if you pay the right price, you can have the passport hand delivered to your house in a week. This is the reason I left India and decided never to live there.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
LOL

The U.S is in complete disarray because your leaders

only ever helped themselves , so your "freedom"

is really just another slogan , ask your unemployed !

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Erm, read some of the earlier posts, it's only from believing the spin about freedom fighting and change for ALL of the nations citizens , or perhaps now defunct views on historic empires, that one might conclude that the Western allies need to establish 'complete' control of a country (i.e. Afghanistan) to succeed strategically. They need only secure 'forts' (and air bases) on the ground in the region, maintain air superiority, control of a puppet government, the ability to secure key transport and infrastructure and they have their regional base and presence from which to control or influence the region and it's neighbours in ways they could not without such assets.

Are you playing devil's advocate or what?

[edit on 10-11-2009 by curioustype]

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I think that we should just withdraw all of our troops, just because we think we can stick our noses in other peoples business doesnt mean anything, i personally believe that america should get off her high horse and just worry about the recession at hand.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   

So, does this mean you still believe you are living in a free country?
hmmmm
...... interesting......
hmmmmm
..... ahhh no wonder ........

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join