It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Girlfriend scared me saying she saw something

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I think this could go here, but if we decide that it needs to be elsewhere then we can move it then.

Last night about 3 or 4am, my girlfriend woke up and said she was scared stiff. she saw something about 4 foot tall, black, human-like looking at her. when she moved to wake me up, she said it ran out my bedroom door and disappeared in the kitchen. Not sure if disappear means fade away or blended in with shadows.

She claims that she knows its real, because when it ran out it moved my partially opened door a little. My door is usually closed, but not locked or anything. I allow my dog to come lay on the bed with me, and I asked her if it was him, and she said absolutely not!

My dog was acting a little funny too, as he didnt even want to be in the room with us. This is not too unusual as he doesn't like getting pushed off the bed at night, but the fact that he wouldn't come in the room and stay was weird. I could call him in, but he would just dip out quickly after.

I didn't get up to go check as I had work early, and didn't care if there were aliens partying in my living room; I was tired. She kept me up for a while to keep checking if she could see it, and she had kind of peaked my interest as I would look down the hall too.

I did get a weird feeling, but I tried to not let her know, I'm trying to get her to move over here permanently and didn't want to scare her off with ghost sightings lol

what do you guys think? The way she described it makes me think of a black Roger from American Dad (the 4ft alien who lives with them), but who knows what it was.

any ideas? Is she just hallucinating while asleep? I didn't want to call her crazy (cus well I am!), but both the front and back doors were locked.

Also, I live in the middle of the sticks, so it couldn't have been any kid or anything sneaking in, and she said it looked human, so it wasn't a woodland creature.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Look up "death" or "grim reaper" or any alternative on that up in this forum. what you described is exactly likened to peoples encounter with death.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Once, when I was about ten years old I was very sick and was in bed. I awoke in the afternoon to see a man at the bottom of my bed. He was dressed in black and wore a hat and a cape. He seemed somewhat transparent and I just looked at him for a moment. I closed my eyes for a split second and he was gone.

hope i was helpful

be careful, sounds like a bad omen to me

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Kevin_X2

Crap I was scared of that. I always thought that the grim reaper was tall though.

Once I get a few more replies I'll let her know.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   
No no I don't think it was the grim reaper per say .
I do believe she saw something out of the ordinary though .
In my honest opinion , all these supernatural events are related , be it grim reaper ,ghosts , poltergeists , or just plain weird sht .
I woke up one night sweating dreaming my father was being killed by a giant earwig , I shot straight up out of bed , and sitting at the end of my bed was a large wolf like creature.
It looked very real to me since its eyes were glowing illuminating its body in the otherwise pitch black room .
I thought it was an evil spirt , demon , fallen angel what ever you want to call them .
So I said please God make it go away , and I threw my blanket over it .
And it was gone
Some people will say it was an hallucination , and maybe it was , but I still think your girlfriends story is related to my experience .
peace

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Takka

This is a less scary option.

I thank you all for the replies, as this is helping me not only believe her more, but also solve a little bit of questions we have.

thanks

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by mahtoosacks

Me, my Brother, and some friends saw something like what you are describing off and on over a period of about a month when we were teenagers. However, it did not look like "Roger from American Dad" but it was small, maybe 3.5 feet tall, was black/featureless. It could move very, very fast. It felt like it wanted something. Not sure what to make of it.

I really do not like to talk about it and I think it may have been something we conjured up.

Best of luck.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I have had a simeler experiance seeing the exact description you have given but in diffrent sitution, it may be coincedence. im fairly open minded but it could just be hallucantions. excuse my laungage

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by mahtoosacks

I have a theory to offer. I spent 4 years managing a 40acre cemetery back in 2004....working that long, and that closely with death gave me a very unique outlook on the supernatural.

Do you remember, back in grade school when we learned about the Light-Spectrum? And that all the colors the human eye percieves is only a fraction of a fraction of this spectrum? Well....I think LIFE is like that, that there is a LIFE-Spectrum. That there is more going on here than what we can percieve with our five senses, because we are so limited by these senses. Just like there are parts of the Light-Spectrum we cannot see...also too must there be parts of LIFE we cannot know, because of the limitations of our physical bodies. And when we no longer need those bodies, they fade away, and more of the spectrum is revealled....

This theory helps me reconcile the things I see and feel...with the things I know and sense. It allows for interdimensional beings (i.e. "aliens") or ghosts...or anything else we don't normally see on a daily basis. Your girlfriend could've very well seen a being with the capability to move between worlds....or (having just woken and being in another state of conciousness) enroached on his. It may very well have been HIM that saw a ghost!!!

Food for thought I suppose....

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
wow these are all great! thank you guys for helping out.

I really hope that we were the "ghosts" to him, that makes me laugh. I can't wait to get back home to show her what you guys think.

the big thing is that there are others with this experience, and that is almost terrifying lol

means she wasn't lying.

should I move? or will it not come back? will it follow us wherever we go?

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I had a similar experience a few years ago, having lived in two houses that both at times used to have strange and at times, scary occurances.

I remember in my bedroom one night that just as I got into bed to turn the lamp off, I noticed the side profile shadow cast on the side of a wardrobe of what appeared to be a young girl looking at my bedroom door, off to the side.

The shadow, it's head, and body had the exact look of a young girl's shadow profile.

I thought a kid had broken into my room, but I soon realised there was no person in the flesh in my room casting the shadow.

I tried to rationalise it as some furniture or other object casting the shadow, and I moved stuff around that I thought may have caused the shadow, but no joy.

It's in these situations, when you rule out the mundane and explainable, that you either run out of the room, perhaps screaming and babbling wildly which I did consider doing, or you do something that can be considered just as understandable when confronted by the unknown, and you begin trying to create a sense of normality in the strange situation, and my way of going about it was to begin attempting to striking up a conversation.

I asked who are you, what is your name, etc.

No reply, not once, not ever, despite my attempts.

Well here it gets wierder, if that's possible.

Night after night, that shadow-girl would be in the same place, facing the bedroom door, never moving, never responding, it went on for a while, just standing there. My family saw it, and tried to rationalise it as I had.

By the time of the last night of the shadow-girl, I had somehow managed to be able to be comftable enough go to sleep in my bedroom without problem, knowing this 'shadow girl' was there, sort of like "Well it's there, it's not doing anything, I can't do anything about it, so why worry."

The last night was most memorable of all. I had settled and was dozing off, when I heard my door, which I had shut, creak open.

I sat up, just in time to see the door was closing.

The shadow was gone, almost as if it had opened the door, left and was closing the door again.

Sometimes I think, looking back, that the way the shadow girl kept looking at the door night after night was almost as if she/it was waiting for something to come and open that door and take her/it away.

It's this experience that reminds me of yours. I have since read of many encounters with shadow people and entities, they are apparently often encountered.

Just a note also to say that animals are a good and trusty indicator if something paranormal is afoot, they sense things we humans can not, or have lost the ability, to do.

[edit on 16-7-2009 by Regensturm]

[edit on 16-7-2009 by Regensturm]

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   
This brings me back to grim occurences in my past as a kid seeing a figure which looked like my mum walk from the corrodor past my bed and than vanishing near the window also shadows (figures) in my room
than SP and the figure walking towards my bed ( of your Gf's description)

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   
This brings me back to grim occurences in my past as a kid seeing a figure which looked like my mum walk from the corrodor past my bed and than vanishing near the window also shadows (figures) in my room
than SP and the figure walking towards my bed ( of your Gf's description)

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
In the off chance that it does come back, should we try to communicate with it?

last thing I want for me or her is that scene from ghostbusters1 where they try to talk to the librarian ghost. holy cow I would lose it!!

just keep the responses coming, because you won't get any negativity from me over this. everyone else seems to be on the same page here too.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I would if I could but I was in an SP, check out hypnagogic hallucinations on google from a scientific angle this could explain this strange occurance

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Regensturm

Wow that really freaked me out XD. Gave me goosebumps. To the OP: Maybe you should leave a camera recording while you are asleep or away?

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Zoopedia

I was thinking about it. I have a nightvision scope thats not terrible, but my only camera is on my phone. it records 320x240, but it will record for about 24 hours, so I'll see if I can rig up something and post what I find.

only thing is the nightvision probably wont last that long. it uses these weird shaped batteries (its like an AA battery cut in half). I'll figure out something even if its a nightlight on while recording. Was hoping to get infrared view though.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
although a good idea Lots of sufferers have already tryed it without success though the question is wether these are hallucanations or having another level of consicisnous ( not sure which this could be astral plain, parrel universe in which both see entity vice versa ) you get the point and please excuse my poor english. it's an intresting thing to think about but in the end it will just drive you crazy because you'l never have the answer and that's a facht

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
although a good idea Lots of sufferers have already tryed it without success though the question is wether these are hallucanations or having another level of consicisnous ( not sure which this could be astral plain, parrel universe in which both see entity vice versa ) you get the point and please excuse my poor english. it's an intresting thing to think about but in the end it will just drive you crazy because you'l never have the answer and that's a facht

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Shadow Person. Also known as Trickster. Dimensional being that can manifest itself partially on ours.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join