It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giant Mystery Blob Moves Through Alaskan Waters

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Discotech
reply to post by DaMod

I can see the green algae and what looks like a beach with an oil slick, is it the oil that's supposed to be the black algae ?

My eyes are fine, I'm just trying to make sure it's definately black algae as it looks like oil to me

I think you need more than your eyes checked if you couldn't figure out that the black half of the photograph is the black algae that he referred to.

Didn't you think, hmm, this giant amount of black could be the black algae blob that everyone is talking about?

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by BaronVonGodzilla

He already admitted that I was right that it is a black algae boom kind of like a red tide. It's ok no need to beat a dead horse.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Good info. Thank you all for the input. I have more questions than answers but I will remember to bring it to ATS if it is beyond my knowledge! Anyway I hope some more research is done to discover what it is without harming it. I would not know what to do if I came across that thing. Thanks again.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Is it remotely possible that it is coral spawn? I grew up next to the reef, so I know that coral spawn sure does stink!!

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Well now. This stuff looks a little like the goo that used to float by the coast line of my town back before they fixed the water and beach cleaniness levels. Mind you , THAT stuff was made of human effluent and storm drain crap, with petrochemical remenants mixed in for good measure. This stuff, if it is truely alive and a single organism, would be the largest living thing on earth if I am not mistaken , if indeed it is twelve miles long .

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
if it's so strange why hasn't there been a full blown scientific research on this "blob"

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join