It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO - Historical Sightings 45,000 BC - 9 BC

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Discotech
reply to post by ChemBreather

To be honest unless they took samples and managed to date the enscribing of the helicopter and craft to modern day then I'd find it pretty damn hard to debunk it to separate hieroglyphs merged into one. It would just be too much of a random coincedence for that to happen, fair enough, maybe if it was just the helicopter on its own I would have some doubts but there's another 3 craft in that enscribing. 4 images depicting craft 3,000 years ahead of their time ? That is no random chance coincedence, no way at all

I don't believe it to be a coincidence either.
but when we today see those things, we naturally think of things from our time representing these symbols in the rock.
makes you wonder if somehow in our time period, one government developed time travel and went back to the time just for a moment then came back through. they could have brought aircraft to travel through the "gateway"
we would never know if this was true, because todays governments wouldn't tell us anything anyways
so maybe somebody in the past saw them, wrote it down and we see it today. big messup for the gov. if so

just a thought.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Added it up there... Flag it if you like it my man... No flags, the post just vansihes into the endless pit of threads...

My bad, I have kaleidoscope eyes. Flagged ya first time.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I work for the government and I knew you were, as I'm watching you, now is that spooky enough?

Dude relax I'm joking, yes it is spooky.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Wow! A hell of a lot of sightings from way back BC!! Just think how advanced they must be now......

However i'm sure quite a few would have landed these past 100 years!!

There is definately something strange on this planet and i think i figured it out a while ago.........

Let us say they have, would we have known about it ?
Isn't this , all this the very reason every one are here reading about ufos and Demanding Govt. disclosure ?

Question, if Us govt. disclose and say: Yes, ufo and ET are real.
Would that open or close these ancient sightings as Ufo and ET's?
If one is true, so can the rest of them..Imo that is..

Adding:
Link : The Astral World

The First UFO Sightings Skeptics like to say that ufo sightings are only as much as our modern society makes them. Nowadays people see flying saucers made of metal whereas in the 1800's they were made of wood. They say the shapes have evolved over time and that ufo sightings are overplayed by the media, causing an even greater number of sightings. Nowadays, we have photos and video - both black and white - that show wierd objects in the sky. Many times the ufo sightings are not by 1 person in the wildnerness but by 1000's of people in a Metropolitan area. One thing we can be sure of is the fact that ufo sightings are not new to the 20th century - they've been happening since the ancient times! Although, there are other ancient writings and myths that could be included here, I've narrowed it down to 3 that hold a little more significance.

The First Recorded UFO Sighting - a Rock Carving!
The first recorded ufo sighting I have found so far dates all the way back to about 47,000 years ago. On an island in the Hunan province of China, there appear cylindrical objects (cigar-shaped spacecrafts) and their wierd, possibly extraterrestrial, occupants carved into a granite mountain and some rocks. I can't find a picture of the carvings for the life of me. If somebody knows where I can find one, let me know.

The First Written UFO Account - Ancient Egypt
As mentioned before, there are several other candidates for the first written account which can probably be assigned to ancient Sumerian texts, but this one I find more along the lines of an unknown object in the sky. It was found on Egyptian papyrus during the reign of Thutmose III - 1504-1450 B.C.:

In the year 22, of the 3rd month of winter, sixth hour of the day...the scribes of the House of Life found it was a circle of fire that was coming in the sky.... It had no head, the breath of its mouth had a foul odor. Its body one rod long and one rod wide. It had no voice. Their hearts became confused through it; then they laid themselves on their bellies.... They went to the Pharaoh...to report it. His Majesty ordered...[an examination of] all which is written in the papyrus rolls of the House of Life. His Majesty was meditating upon what happened. Now after some days had passed, these things became more numerous in the skies than ever. They shone more in the sky than the brightness of the sun, and extended to the limits of the four supports of the heavens.... Powerful was the position of the fire circles. The army of the Pharaoh looked on with him in their midst. It was after supper. Thereupon, these fire circles ascended higher in the sky towards the south.... The Pharaoh caused incense to be brought to make peace on the hearth.... And what happened was ordered by the Pharaoh to be written in the annals of the House of Life...so that it be remembered for ever.
(Brinsley Le Poer Trench - The Flying Saucer Story, Reader's Digest - Mysteries of the Unexplained)

The First Official Investigation
The first official ufo investigation by a military can be attributed to Japan in the year 1235. On the night of September 24, General Yoritsume and his army observed some mysterious lights in the sky. The lights were seen for many hours - circling, swinging and moving in loops. The general ordered a "full-scale scientific investigation" of the lights. The report he received did nothing but explain away the phenomenon - "...the whole thing is completely natural, General. It is...only the wind making the stars sway."
(Jacques Valle - Passport to Magonia)

[edit on 16/7/2009 by ChemBreather]

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Would be nice to have an official statement that they are real, so some real investigation can be made, and our history books rewritten etc.

Oh, and for all the "in your face sceptics!" potential

[edit on 16-7-2009 by conar]

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   

S&F....it is amazing to me how much information is right under our noses, and yet the power of media still mesmerizes so many into believing something else. I wish more of the population would study into the depths of our world history.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Hmmmm.... just goes to show that the History we were taught in school was all wrong & the religious books you read are all wrong!!!

[edit on 16-7-2009 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist]

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   
nice thread puts it into an easy to read timeline

oh and btw the S&F isnt for you, it's purely for your new avatar

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChemBreather
You must look into the Illuminati, masons,Rose Cross,Darwin, ID and Evo theories... Grand Lie, one backing up the other !

Nice list but ummm what has that got to do with it?

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

You must look into the Illuminati, masons,Rose Cross,Darwin, ID and Evo theories... Grand Lie, one backing up the other !

Nice list but ummm what has that got to do with it?

Indeed, im kind of baffled with what this list has to do with anything.

Care to explain?

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   

2000 BC Peru’s pre-Incan civilization records the gods were from the star system Pleiades. Inca ruins have been found at 13,000 feet, with one stone weighing 20,000 tons....

Don't mean to drift off this here topic of ufo visitations in ancient times but...

a 20,000 ton stone was found at an Incan ruin 13,000 feet up?!? Wowsa

This I have to look into.

Interesting list non the less.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by PhotonEffect

If I was a skeptic with regards to this my rational answer would be a volcano erupted and launched this 20,000 tonne stone to fit perfectly onto the temple they were building, of course whilst in the air it went through a naturally occuring volcanic thunderstorm and bolts of lighting carved this stone in the perfect shape it is in now!

See it's all perfectly plausible with no need to throw aliens into the mix

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   

One of the obvious problems with assuming the ancient paintings or their equivalent are in fact about Alien Visitors. It is in fact an assumption based on a similarity.

For instance I see often and in one or two of the links on this thread where the classic depictions of the Sun and Moon are misrepresented as UFO's containing Aliens.

I noted another where a view looking down on the water showing three boats, one was picked out and represented as being in the sky.

I'm attracted to those who say this might be or that could be rather than stating as fact this IS when they could not possibly know. When a so-called expert or author implies they know, I put my wallet away and a future purchase of their books or work will never happen.

Although an interesting list from the linked site in the OP, it does not escape my notice the site is Spam for a bookseller. One that shares not even an image or link or citation to back up anything and expects the reader to take their word for it and buy the book(s).

As to whether the Angels and Demons of the religious works are in fact the occupants of the UFO's today, ??????????????????? Is God an Alien??????????????? Who am I to say I know even the tiniest bit of what this Universe contains or its realities?

One thing I'm sure of is that what we think we know today, our offspring will laugh later about as they discuss how illiterate and undeveloped we were in 2009. It would surprise me little if one day Science and Religion find they were just on different paths to arriving at the same truths.

[edit on 7/16/2009 by Blaine91555]

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   
DAMN AWESOME POST! The time and effort it took to find all this stuff and cataloge and post it, should be deserving of being put into ATS archive! OUTSTANDING work chembreather

Ive seen my share of UFO's...and have in fact written NASA when i was 12. 2 letters, were mailed back to me. this was 1987. Ive seen those pictures before, of the alleged aliens in the australia cave. One could think ther aliens, but ive always thought of them, as some cultures or tribes icons, or gods, not aliens. What i did find very interesting, is in the pics, some of those 'aliens' have reddish orange glow around thier heads, others didnt. one, had a huge black hole in its stomach lower chest area.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoAstra

Star for the insight.

Personally I don't think they much care if we kill one another, but are more interested in the "right" people winning wars (for whatever their reasons might be). In particular, the account of the "flying shields (329 BC)" that prevented Alexander from crossing a river. Perhaps the delay was needed in order to secure a certain victory or defeat for his armies?

I am always highly interested in history, especially the alternative history not taught in schools. I often wonder how certain drawings or carvings can be dated. In my mind, just because the rock on which the pic or carving is found is X years old, how do we know how old the graffiti is? I understand the archeological sites which haven't seen a human for X years, that are excavated and within are found pics. But caves? Couldn't I go and carve something in some cave and then "discover" it and get props for the discovery? How would anyone know (assuming the cave had never been scientifically researched or mapped)?

Do aliens explain away our major religions and, most importantly, God? Certainly would be quite convenient and tidy. I think sometimes people will believe anything in order to avoid believing that there is a central, spiritual (from our perspective) being that is by all relevant accounts omniscient, omnipotent, and whom deserves our thanks for life and our respect for our free will. It is the most simple and logical explanation for all that we are and all that we see. A lot of evidence points in that direction. A lot leads us away from it. But, Occam had a point. And it seems there are a lot of us that would rather have an amazingly complicated and convoluted "answer to everything" as long as it does away with God. I agree that religion is a very harmful thing when left in the hands of humans, but why does God have to be such a taboo?

Could aliens be our creators? Sure, I guess. I don't have a problem with that theory. Could God have made us? Just as likely. Is the ancient astronaut enigma fascinating? Definitely.

Here's hoping for Disclosure!

S&F

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   
These paitnings show some of our historical UFOs

[edit on 7/7/2009 by thegrayone]

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   
i think it is foolish to think that we are "alone" in the universe. think of how big the universe is and all the potential life holdng planets there could be. maybe something did happen decades ago lke roswell or earlier. i mean, just in the past 100 or 120 years look how far we have come. a hundred years ago we had planes, now we have fingernail size spy robots and crap like that. we must have had some help in atleast getting the idea for some of this stuff you know. keep your mind open and realze that the goverment would never tell if they had contact of any sort. they wouldnt. it would cause wide panic and for millitary purposes, bad move.....

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ziggy1706
DAMN AWESOME POST! The time and effort it took to find all this stuff and cataloge and post it, should be deserving of being put into ATS archive!

Ummmm no considering it was a direct copy and paste without [ex] tags from HERE
www.bibleufo.com...

[edit on 16-7-2009 by zorgon]

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I would like to know has any body has read the "The Terra Papers - Hidden History of Planet Earth"

Terrapapers

It talks about the gods of the past

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join