It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Witches' Bible

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by RetinoidReceptor

Originally posted by sinthia
reply to post by caitlinfae

I am a Christian, and for over 12 years was into the occult, mediumship the whole shebang. I can see your side of the coin, but am convinced that not only is Satan real, he is behind all of the occult.

I just hope that others will find Jesus before it's too late

I take the other side of the coin. I was a Jew, Christian, Wiccan and Satanist and I can honestly say that the only power behind the occult and religion is human imagination.

And according to Greg Braden in the Divine Matrix, the imagination is the source that creates reality. Quantum physics is in support of this science as we speak.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hazelnut

I am a Christian, and for over 12 years was into the occult, mediumship the whole shebang. I can see your side of the coin, but am convinced that not only is Satan real, he is behind all of the occult.

I take the other side of the coin. I was a Jew, Christian, Wiccan and Satanist and I can honestly say that the only power behind the occult and religion is human imagination.

And according to Greg Braden in the Divine Matrix, the imagination is the source that creates reality. Quantum physics is in support of this science as we speak.

No offense but don't even pretend you know anything about quantum physics. Quantum Physics does not="what the bleep do we know" movie. Quantum Physics may demonstrate that the universe is weirder and more complex than previously thought, but it doesn't support "mind over matter" or what have you in any form. Sorry. And your imagination doesn't create reality, hence why delusional people are delusional.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hazelnut

No offense but don't even pretend you know anything about quantum physics. Quantum Physics does not="what the bleep do we know" movie. Quantum Physics may demonstrate that the universe is weirder and more complex than previously thought, but it doesn't support "mind over matter" or what have you in any form. Sorry. And your imagination doesn't create reality, hence why delusional people are delusional.

Well, I did quote the source of the idea didn't I
As a matter of fact, I read alot on many subjects and some of them actually make sense. Quantum entanglement is a science that proves that what we used to think made up matter may not actually be the end of the matter at all. Practically speaking, the phrase "Think positive" has huge implications which lots of people adhere to like duct-tape. There must be something to it!

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by RetinoidReceptor

I really hope that this isn't going to disolve onto another "flog the pagan as delusional" thread. Your journey is your journey. Please don't asume that we are misinformed, delusional woowoos for having a belief in something more than science.

It would be really fine to have a contentious point discussed and explored, rather than trashed, just for once.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
To daddybare - I am aware of constantine and the council of nicea in 325ad. What you don't seem to realise is that I am not a catholic, or member of any particular Christian denomination - therefore I have no interest in halo's or any other pagan hijackings. The Bible's integrity is beyond question, see Dead Sea scrolls and septuagint for further details. Zeitgeist is an interesting film, and does great damage to the catholic faith - what might surprise you is that it does no damage at all to Biblical Christianity.

To others: I agree that it is unlikely that we will see eye to eye on this.

Importantly, I am not disputing that there are forces.

I do feel that it is extremely dangerous to assume that YOU can harness and control unseen forces. More importantly, I do know where these forces originate. If you reject the explanation that the forces originate from Satan, and prefer to attribute them to nature, crystals, vibrations, ether, essence, aura's, psychic vibrations or what ever else you decide upon, then that is up to you - but how can you prove their source? You can see the effect, but do you know the real cause?

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Nice post.

I just gave away my copy of "A Witches Bible" a few days ago (getting ready to move to Hawaii so everything must go).

It was a nice read for me, but defiantly not my style.

I was originally weened on Cunningham and the like and have since moved further out in the world of eclectic practice.

Now'a'days I find myself looking towards 'high magic' for lessons on my personal practice. Golden Dawn, Crawly, and the like.

Regardless, I agree with you, as one solitary to another, it is all about a personal journey and relationship with the devine.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   

- but how can you prove their source?

How can YOU prove their source? You can't just like occult people can't. So saying they are wrong and you are right because they can't prove their position is moronic because you can't either
!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
If I wanted to pick on someone's beliefs (and I don't), I would go find some Mardukites or perhaps the people of Desteni Productions on YouTube.

Their beliefs seem to make them happy though, and have no effect on me personally. So I leave them alone to do their thing in peace.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Animal

I have a copy of The Secrets of High Magic by Francis melville (Barron's). It is very interesting. I've held a fascination for the myth of Merlyn the Magician for a long time. I don't believe I'm right for this practice though. But I can appreciate the people who do.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I'm sorry to hear that you've been so easily convinced. I don't suppose you could tell me which source you hold in higher esteem than the Bible?

I could write a huge list of books that I hold in higher esteem than the bible,
but how about a phone directory? Dictionary?

And as for wicca, why cant people appreciate nature without looking at it through a fairy's bum?

Spells, praying, all the same thing, you're talking to yourselves.

The wise women/men of days gone by were no more than herbalists, midwives ect and respect to them.

bewitched, harry potter etc were just pretend, grow up.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Animal

Now'a'days I find myself looking towards 'high magic' for lessons on my personal practice. Golden Dawn, Crawly, and the like.

I do love Crowley... but forgive me, I can't help but laugh when his is referred to as "high magic".

If you haven't read "Diary of a Drug Fiend", you must! It's one of my favorite books ever and I think really gives more insight into him as a person and how he came into his beliefs, so to speak.

I am not a follower though, only an admirer of sorts.

"Love is the Law. Love under Will."

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   

How can YOU prove their source? You can't just like occult people can't. So saying they are wrong and you are right because they can't prove their position is moronic because you can't either
!!!!!!!!!!!

Moronic eh?!

The Bible can be proven to fulfill prophecy (see the book of Daniel) thereby proving the author (God via the Holy Spirit) and the integrity thereof. My source is the Bible, and the source is God. God clearly disaproves of occultism.

Now your turn.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   

[snip] that is meant to raise demons and evil spirits (hence the magic circle to protect yourself). In Wicca, why would you need to protect yourself if you are just trying to conjure pink bunny rabbits?

Raise evil spirits? No we dont raise evil spirits we control natural power/forces that create. We work with elemental forces and different beings from otherworld (this otherworld overlaps ours but is in a different real/dimension) it is like any force, by itself it just is and can be used for harm or for good.

The circle. It is not used for just protection of the caster. It is a circle of power made to build up power until it is released. It also protects, the reason for protection is that you are standing between worlds. This world and otherworld and when you do this you stand out like a candle flame in a dark room. This can cause some forces you do not want to be attracted to what you are doing.

I bet you have a stake some tinder and matches at the ready too.
Why is it that so many Europeans have bought into the middle east/Abraham religions and deny there own heritage? More harm has been inflicted on mankind and nature by the middle eastern beliefs than any first nation beliefs. I would say that the from a historical viewpoint the Abraham religions are very evil.

I use the craft for knowledge of the right way to live and to clear my path for a better understanding of the mystery of our existence. This is what the controlling religions fear and why they have been on the hunt for thousands of years. You people scare the hell out of me. I will give you a personal example.

I am a Firefighter/EMT and worked with my partner who is Baptists christian for years. We risked our lives together many times....he has seen me weep on the side of the road and held me, the two of us witnessing mangled horrors no man should see.

Then one day he found out I was a male Witch. He went on campaign for multiple moon cycles to get me kicked off the department and finally succeeded. After all he and I had been through he stabbed me in the back and I was forced to get on another fire department.

Ignorance deny it.

To my fellow Witches:

Merry meet, merry met and merry meet again.

[edit on 16-7-2009 by LoneGunMan]

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   

The Bible can be proven to fulfill prophecy (see the book of Daniel) thereby proving the author (God via the Holy Spirit) and the integrity thereof. My source is the Bible, and the source is God. God clearly disaproves of occultism.

Now your turn.

The Christian Bible, The Muslim Quran, the Witches' Bible all came from men (people). One thing they all have in common is Love.

Lets pretend we believe love is the driving force behind all religions and further pretend we have accomplished this divine feat in all of its aspects. Then in our pretending we must conclude that there is nothing else except our interpretation of what love is. It (love) is not defensive, cruel, expectant or used as a tool to get what we want. Love IS. Love yourself, your creator and your fellow man with compassion, charity, forgiveness and hope.

[edit on 16-7-2009 by Hazelnut] quote tags still can't get them right

[edit on 16-7-2009 by Hazelnut]

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
ok cool
yeah no poisons here!!

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
What an interesting thread you guys have made, I'm not a wiccan and of late don't really have much faith in the traditional religions. The closest is spirtualism, which I practiced for a good few years but I lost some one close and lost my faith.
Like most here I was into reading about witchcraft and the occult in my teens but like a few people stated earlier I found that no one seems to actually know much about early druid or witchcraft beliefs, the fact that "druid" and "celtic" seem to be made up names to represent these people shows how little is known.
I have a few genuine questions that maybe some of you could answer,

I know places like new grange in Ireland and stonehenge are connected to the druids but are there any actual materials or writtings left by these people that link wicca to the same beliefs as the early pagan religions.

The druid "capital" was an island off the North coast of Wales called Anglesey, during the Roman occupation of Britain the druid priesthood was wiped out and the last few hid on the island which is just a stones throw across the Irish sea to new grange, on a pagan level do you know of any links to these places and why was it so sacred.

These are questions that have stuck with me for a long time after reading lots of history books about the early cultures before the Roman and Christian invasion.

[edit on 16-7-2009 by Kurokage]

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   

The Christian Bible, The Muslim Quran, the Witches' Bible all came from men (people). One thing they all have in common is Love.

Lets pretend we believe love is the driving force behind all religions and further pretend we have accomplished this divine feat in all of its aspects. Then in our pretending we must conclude that there is nothing else except our interpretation of what love is. It (love) is not defensive, cruel, expectant or used as a tool to get what we want. Love IS. Love yourself, your creator and your fellow man with compassion, charity, forgiveness and hope.

Love is the law, love is the bond. Love should be what we all should live in, it never judges and is always forgiving.

Hazlenut: to fix you quote make sure that you do not have the unquote tag at the end of you post.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Hazelnut

Love is, is of course an essential of Christianity and not up for debate. My point is that witchcraft and occultism is not Christian, no matter how you dress it up. That also is not up for debate.

If you practice the occult, you are not a Christian - the two are incompatible.

As such, the occult derives it's power from Satan.

Now if you don't believe in Satan or demonic powers thats fine, but you can't have a go at Christians for saying it, because it is clearly taught in the Bible.

The fact that occultism is an anti-Christian practice should not bother occultists in the slightest as the two are mutually exclusive.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
this is a great post and it's one I can actually attribute to but I'm at wk on my iPhone and it's very confusing to respond in the mobile version, I will post more later when I'm at a computer and can post some actual information.
I have enjoyed reading everyones post, I thought the thread would go a different way and I'm glad it hasn't!! Too bad I can't star via mobile

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Kurokage

No there are no writings because they communicated orally and through song, symbolism and tales.

The reason for this is the written word has to go into the left brain and gets interpreted by the right brain and important ideas that cannot be grasped by the left brain are lost.

You can learn of the ways through the welsh, Cornish and other Celtic songs and stories.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join