It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[Busted] NASA caught faking Gemini-10 Spacewalk Photos?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 06:12 AM
link   
So with no photos of Collins EVA, we have absolutely no proof that it even happened. (Unless you count NASA's word as proof).

This is just great....

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 06:12 AM
link   
It's never official until phage says so

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1
So with no photos of Collins EVA, we have absolutely no proof that it even happened. (Unless you count NASA's word as proof).

This is just great....

Nor do we have absolute proof that NASA are to blame for the duplicate image.

Change of thread title perhaps?

FWIW:

Cooper Square Press is the publisher.

[edit on 16/7/09 by Chadwickus]

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

It might have been the publisher who did this for dramatic effects.Couldnt they just use a scalple around his image and overlay it on a black background for printing?

Good post OP,I have enjoyed your other recent posts on this site

[edit on 16-7-2009 by noangels]

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

You must have missed the question mark.

That's okay...

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 06:25 AM
link   
A lot of you think that people were stupid back then? Look at 2001 A Space Odyssey, a groundbreaking effects film, and yet you say it would be hard for an ordinary publishing agency to fake that image.
Like the guy above me said, a simple cut out of Collins and then paste on top of a film with black background and there you go.

So who is trying to pass it off as a real moon walk photo, apart from (seemingly) the book it came in, despite there being no actual reference to it being a space walk photo?

[edit on 16/7/09 by Nventual]

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1

Originally posted by Chadwickus

You must have missed the question mark.

Yep, I did miss it.

Hard to see it through all the pitchforks and torches being lit.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 06:31 AM
link   
@nventual: yes, use your eyes guys!

.... but then again actually measuring might be better.

So, this guy calims to not have known about the offer before the phone call by fellow hoax bliever? Too bad, but does it matter? no. He knows now. And he doesn't get the 10 grand now for showing a book.... why?

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 06:32 AM
link   
The image originally appeared in the hardcover edition's title page, with no caption, but in the paperback it was moved to the photo insert section, again (AFAIK) with no caption. The book explicitly states that there exist NO photographs of the actual spacewalk. The image does not appear in the NASA Public Affairs Office archive flip-book, or in the all-inclusive GT-10 contact sheet print book, all readily accessible by news media and historians. It's comforting to realize that this is the WORST that the whiners can come up with... pretty strong endorsement of the solidity of other officially-released images.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 06:32 AM
link   
A scan of the book where this guy implies that this is the real deal photo would clear up all those attacks, just scan and put it online for all to see R.R thou im not in doubt those photos are the same.

Best regards

Loke.:.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by debunky
He knows now. And he doesn't get the 10 grand now for showing a book.... why?

He's dead.

He died Dec. 10, 2008....

Edit: And Oberg didn't send him a letter. If he did, let him produce the copy he made of it before being sent.

Posting something on a forum addressed to someone who does not use the internet (or that forum) does not equate to 'sending' a letter....

Did you even mail Rene the letter, Jimbo? Or did you just post it on an internet forum?

[edit on 16-7-2009 by Exuberant1]

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 06:44 AM
link   
That would explain the huge gap from manned mission to the moon to manned mission to mars. If they really did send people out to the moon, why has it taken so long to get their # together for a manned mars mission? Why fake it though? To beat Russia to it...

On CNN yesterday, some guy mentioned that Russia is likely to be the first to achieve the first man on Mars mission. It was planned to be launched this year sometime but has now been postponed.

If they did fake it, it was for the glory of America getting there first, as Russia was close on their heels...I dont see any other reason why.

Anys, just my view.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by debunky
@nventual: yes, use your eyes guys!

I guess my eyes must be screwed up, because I can see that both those lines are the same length. Unless the illusion is that they aren't. If you know what to look at, your eyes are trustworthy.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg
The image originally appeared in the hardcover edition's title page, with no caption, but in the paperback it was moved to the photo insert section, again (AFAIK) with no caption. The book explicitly states that there exist NO photographs of the actual spacewalk. The image does not appear in the NASA Public Affairs Office archive flip-book, or in the all-inclusive GT-10 contact sheet print book, all readily accessible by news media and historians. It's comforting to realize that this is the WORST that the whiners can come up with... pretty strong endorsement of the solidity of other officially-released images.

Thank you! Exactly. But I guess here on ATS people believe what they want to believe.
Fiction is stranger and more exciting then fact.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

why do you ignore the direct quote from collins himself stating :

there were no pictures taken of the spacewalk

why - thats as clear as you can get ?

also - does this image apear anywhere on the nasa websites dedicated to the gemini program ?

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

reply to post by Nventual

To both of you WATCH THE VIDEO! It states and shows quite clearly that the quote was a mis-quote and did not include the whole sentence.

Collins said it was a shame they did not take a picture of him go to the booster rocket (the Aiges or something) - IN SPACE!!!!

The quote you guys are using has been proven to be FAKE!!!

sheeeesh.....

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by WatchNLearn

no - you stop watching , and relying on youtube crap from known fraudsters

and as a challenge - produce a pic , any pic captions eas gemini 10 space walk [ or such ] that purports to show collins EVA , in the OFFICAL history of the gemini program , a nasa website or other such primary source

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by noangels

Yeah that would be one way about it. I was thinking actual exposed photos.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
reply to post by Exuberant1

why do you ignore the direct quote from collins himself stating :

there were no pictures taken of the spacewalk

why - thats as clear as you can get ?

Actually the quote in the book says

"there were no pictures taken of the spacewalk to the Agena.

It shows it quite clearly in the video and its important and deeply relevant to point out because it shows that the quote has been twisted and used to mislead others for reasons I don't know?

[edit on 16-7-2009 by franspeakfree]

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by franspeakfree

so can you direct me to a image captioned as ` gemin 10 spacewalk ` ??

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join