It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the meaning of life?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   
deep down the meaning of life is what you make of it. the question that you should ask your self is, what is your purpose on earth? and if you truthfully believe it that is the meaning of life. remember that athiest or christan some fom of exsistence created you so you have some form of purpose. big or small. if you truthfully believe that its all about reproducing then thats what your life is about. but deep down i know you can accept that answer for its not what others believe its what you believe. some christians tend to have deep profound meanings on what the meaning of life is.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by BlueBoy9

It is too bad that you missed the meat and potatoes of our debate/discussion about God.

You would have learned many great and amazing points from both sides. Sometimes the greatest discoveries come about by accident. You will be surprised what you will find by sometimes taking a few steps off the path. That is not to say we can not step right back on the path again.

I do believe there is an amount of leniency that is given to a thread or a post where different topics can merge or branch of.

How boring of a website would it be that in a Thread discussing light, the Universe full of stars could not be examined.

[edit on 20-7-2009 by TurkeyBurgers]

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by BlueBoy9

Done now?
I mean as much as I enjoy self rightous condemnations from self appointed ministers of thread purity and all.

[edit on 20-7-2009 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows]

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by make.changes
deep down the meaning of life is what you make of it. the question that you should ask your self is, what is your purpose on earth? and if you truthfully believe it that is the meaning of life. remember that athiest or christan some fom of exsistence created you so you have some form of purpose. big or small. if you truthfully believe that its all about reproducing then thats what your life is about. but deep down i know you can not accept that answer for its not what others believe its what you believe. some christians tend to have deep profound meanings on what the meaning of life is.

sorry i messed up a word so ill repost my answer

Originally posted by make.changes
deep down the meaning of life is what you make of it. the question that you should ask your self is, what is your purpose on earth? and if you truthfully believe it that is the meaning of life. remember that athiest or christan some fom of exsistence created you so you have some form of purpose. big or small. if you truthfully believe that its all about reproducing then thats what your life is about. but deep down i know you can not accept that answer for its not what others believe its what you believe. some christians tend to have deep profound meanings on what the meaning of life is.
reread please

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I believe the meaning of life to be very simple. We live to experience different thoughts, emotions, pain, love, etc. Without any emotion, are we really living?

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 07:49 AM
link   
You are the meaning of your life.. Your life means the same thing that you mean- Your life is only a result of what You are... If you know yourself, then you'll understand your life.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
To be..... Just be...... to be free..... to be wise..... to live.... To be one....

TO BE

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Hey, can someone U2U me when the true answer appears.

LOL

I think it is different for all.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   
I believe the meaning of life is to recognize the all encompassing awareness.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Hmmm... Coming from observational views I would say the meaning of life and existence has no meaning, it has purpose. And with purpose its the only reason why it exist. This will definitely be complex to explain.

Gravity exist, without gravity a sun, galaxy, planet cannot exist. Then living things cannot exist. Or maybe its possible that an anomaly would be formed without a gravitational universe and therefor life would still be capable of existing.

It appears that germs can only exist without a certain environment, such as us humans, animals, and bugs. Though life still springs up from every place with conditions.

I have to say this is a yin and tang concept. Plants breathe carbon and animals breathe oxygen. Plants exhale oxygen and animals exhale carbon. Both have a destiny. They both eventually become intelligent and self aware when time goes on.

Why I think we're here mainly revolves around spirituality, no not religion. Something from the spiritual realm. I think us humans are hear because we develop some natural energy with is connected with the spiritual realm. Something may use this energy that we produce, feed off the energy, use it. For what they do with it I dont know. I have come to that possible conclusion.

Theres my input. I tried giving some logical explanations but if you want me to put it as simple as can be then I will share a quote from the matrix stated by agent smith.

"... the reason why we're here. We're not here because we're free we're here because we're not free. Theres no escaping reason, no denying purpose because as we both know without purpose we would not exist. It is purpose that created us, purpose that connects us, Purpose that pulls us, That guides us, that drives us, it is purpose that defines, purpose that binds us ...."

I think thats the best way to put it. Without purpose we would not exist, and what each of our purposes are is what we do everyday.

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join