It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO hacker could kill himself if sent to USA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 12:34 AM
link   

UFO hacker could kill himself if sent to USA

www.belfasttelegraph.c o.uk

A senior Government law officer was accused yesterday of “failing to confront the human rights arguments” against forcing a British “UFO eccentric” to face trial in America for hacking into US military networks.
A QC told two High Court judges that extraditing Gary McKinnon (43), who suffers from Asperger's Syndrome, would lead to “disastrous consequences” because of his medical condition, including possible psychosis and suicide.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 12:34 AM
link   
I still think there is more to this story than meets the eye. I really think he found compelling evidence during his computer pillaging.
One wonders what exactly he found that wasn't reported upon. His mental state is deteriorating perhaps due to the brainwashing and psychological torture administered by shadowy alphabet soup people? I have to wonder.

www.belfasttelegraph.c o.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Was this the same hacker from last year that hacked into UFO files and so on? If so wow, I thought we'd never hear anything about him again, consindering usually the US government takes them away to work for our side to hack other governments files for our own pleasing.

Who knows what he found, I doubt anything that special.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   
I don't blame him.

I'd want to top myself too if I was forceably sent to the US

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by WhiteWash

From what I understand he found actual non touched up photographs of ufos on the moon...

whether it is true..well that is up to you to believe him or not..personally he seems like a trustworthy guy, but its so hard to tell these days.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deus Ex Machina 42
Was this the same hacker from last year that hacked into UFO files and so on?

8 years ago... right after 911

Originally posted by open_eyeballs
From what I understand he found actual non touched up photographs of ufos on the moon...

No he found (supoosedly) a picture of one of the NAVY's space fleet and a list on non terrestrial officers. These officers were space billets not aliens

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

aaahhh..I was going off memory. I remember, though, watching a interview with him, he mentioned something about a picture of a UFO on the moon that was not touched up by NASA. Something about that...

truth?..again, depends if you think he is a liar...

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 01:07 AM
link   
He's not facing prosecution for finding alien photos and lists of officers as many on this board believe, he very blatantly and intentionally broke the law by repeatedly breaking into government computers, erasing and moving files, and other sorts of tampering. He deserves prison time, Asperger's Syndrome or not which is the pity card the British media is using to drum up political support to prevent his deportation.

I'm glad he didn't access more dangerous material that could have provoked a military incident or worse. There is a much bigger picture here than alien fantasies.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by secretagent woooman

what files did he erase? he was charged with destruction of government property.

like an estimate of $4,000 worth of computers...

i would like to know how he destroyed $4,000 of computers from thousands of miles away.

if this is truly about a destruction of property, then prison would not be the place for this hacker..community service would be a more appropriate punishment...

to your aliean fantasy comment:

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 01:19 AM
link   
It's BS charges too.

They say he damaged each computer he accessed beyond the point of repair.

That's the only law they have them breaking, damaging govt property.

He didn't hack into any systems, they had been set up and were ancient and he was able to just log on as an Admin.

The only reason he got caught was he slipped up on the time difference and an employee noticed a computer working without a person lol.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by secretagent woooman
erasing and moving files, and other sorts of tampering.

Eh? Where does it say that? He said he never damaged or removed anything - the only thing I recall reading in that regard was that he put or (re)set the admin passwords on some machines to "proper" strong passwords after he emailed them to the powers that be. He effectively told them to lock down the systems.

He never "damaged" anything. True he broke the law, but his hacking was white hat, possibly grey at worst. The only damage he did was to force the lousy US govt to actually spend $$ on implementing security software/protocols, which they were not using.

I'm glad he didn't access more dangerous material that could have provoked a military incident or worse. There is a much bigger picture here than alien fantasies.

A military incident? Me thinks you've watched "War Games" one too many times!

[edit on 16-7-2009 by noonebutme]

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Can someone explain to me how a hacker can physically destroy a computer from where he was hacking?

Don't know why but I'm sure he found stuff he shouldn't find, why not just leave him in English jail, why the need for American government to have him in their jail?

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 04:19 AM
link   
I found a great interview by Project Camelot with Gary where he explains his charges and his ordeal.

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 16-7-2009 by suzque66]

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by secretagent woooman

Then maybe those who were the operators/supervisors of those so called computer equipement that was supposinlgy destroyed, should be sacked as a result of this dude hacking into thier systems!

Hell will freeze over frst before We allow the US Justice Dept, get their hands on this dude. Even if every single supporter of this dude, has to stand infront of him, to stop his deportation. They willl do it. Any US Official or UK Official that try and arrest him for deportation will face alot off backlash.

new topics

top topics

join