It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evolution Of The Mind?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

I really think i am but recently i started thinking about one of my family members that are in a bad situation right now and i felt like i could feel what he felt.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Okay....the only thing I see wrong with what is happening to you, is that it is freaking you out. Why is it freaking you out? It's frightening? You feel out of control? What's causing it to be an unpleasant thing?

Tell me.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

its only scaring me because it has never happened to me before and i didnt know what it was.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   
So, I take that to mean it's a bad thing? Because it doesn't have to be a bad thing. It might be a unique thing. An interesting thing. You don't lose touch with reality when it happens. You just see things in a different light.

You might be developing emphatic skills, which can be a very good thing. I have some of that myself. (to feel what someone else is feeling).
Are you doing well in other areas of your life? No significant problems with your family or school? Are you under a lot of stress right now?

And last but not least: How much time have you been spending on ATS?
Because there are some places on here that can throw me into a tailspin.
You have to be able to sort the possible from the absurd. There is a great deal of "magical thinking" on here, so don't get caught up in that. If you think some of your impressions might be linked from some of the materials written here, then take a few days off from it, and see if things improve.

You can u2u me anytime you like, and we can talk about this further.

I think you are okay. I really do. If you are losing confidence in yourself because of this...don't. Have you tried to talk with your parents about it?

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by lycanlance

Here is the thread you may be interested in:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Just wait it gets even weirder!

I spent the last 15 years chasing the opposite sex, drinking, partying and smoking. Now I am actually interested in completely new things. I am 31 now.

I am going to try to go to College (better late than never right?)

You know that old saying you are different every 7 years or something like that?

My hormone levels have settled down a little bit so it is not 50% Sex and 50% drinking
It is now more like 50% Sex and 1% Drinking 49% Curiosity.

It is great to be able to go though life and change.

I am sure when I hit 40 I will think completely different of myself. Maybe I will be more mature and more serious. Maybe I will be even more easy going and laugh even more.

What I will NEVER be is someone who forgets their youth. I will ALWAYS remember where I came from. It is what makes me who I am.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 01:38 AM
link   
i myself am 32 and in the past few years i have found myself to have a multitude of abilities i never had before, one of which is empathy. i have witnessed many of my thoughts manifest, not just randomly mind you but as expermentation. even the army utilizes the many unexplored powers of the mind in the form of remote viewing.

dont be afraid, it's not a bad thing, just means you are ahead of the curve so to speak! think about all the complex tasks your brain can already accomplish such as walking up right! dont laugh its not sucha easy thing to do and involves the co-ordination of multiple muscles, balance, depth perception and spatial awareness. never mind running, jumping and so on... and those a the feats that practically everbody can do from a very young age! think about what it takes for me to type 60 wpm without looking at my fingers. my brain has to remember where the proper keys are on the keyboard, which finger is closest to that key, how the word is spelled (although i get that part wrong sometimes!) what kind of puncutation is required and still stay focused on the topic!

[edit on 24-7-2009 by outside the ecliptic]

[edit on 24-7-2009 by outside the ecliptic]

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by lycanlance

there is a growing shift in human conciousness, the signs are everywhere, look at the technological advances made in just the last 100 years. we are all assimilating knowledge from the collective conciousness that all living things in the universe shares. thought and time and space are not the seperate entities they appear to be. as we understand and accept this our powers grow, eventually spreading to all humans in the form of "evolution". your brain has the ability to access information that you have not been taught. just like a computer searching the internet database, the info you may be looking for isn't on your computers harddrive, so it looks elsewhere. your brain can essentially perform this same function only much better. it is instantaneous, not just finding the info your looking for but the comprehension as well. breathe and exist for you are a human and humans are fascinating creatures.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join