It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Expert Top Gun/Airline Pilots say Flight 77's maneuvers are impossible

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rafe_

You have Weedwhacker by the balls for 100% on that one an his retreat is obvious.

This one needs one of his own to come in and back him up or discredit Ralph Kolstad.

So let me get this straight...proudbird just got finished posting a number of videos SPECIFICALLY PROVING that planes can in fact be flown at low altitude at high speeds, which SPECIFICLLY PROVES those "pilots for truth" characters are full of it...and yet you geuinely think Weedwhacker is the one on the defensive.

...and the truthers actually take umbrage when I say they're getting all their information from those damned fool conspiracy web sites. It's patently obvious it's become less of an effort to research the facts behind the 9/11 attack and more of an effort to protect the reputation of Rob Balsamo.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Nice post. Starred you.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by skyeyes

Good point. The government wouldn't take a huge risk like that. It's absurd. They'd never be able to keep it secret, not in America or anywhere else. It's like stabbing and shooting yourself, for what?????

But fortunately one doesn't have to go that far. The flight path of the aircraft that hit the pentagon was well within accepted limits. Several posters in this thread have given explanations with links.

Someone in this thread said there was no video of flight 77 hitting the pentagon.

Here you can clearly see the length of the plane strike the pentagon:

That was only released after the FOIA was used. There were a couple carama's involved.

The problem with this whole conspiracy is that it doesn't use facts. It uses innuendo and baseless accusations. This kind of stuff is carried by word of mouth and BS internet websites.

What happened on 9/11 was horrible. I think that some people cannot face the pain so they deny it. They cannot imagine a world filled with terrorists and mayhem of this nature. But you know this isn't just about pain. It's about getting back up again and restoring our country and surviving whatever is thrown our way. Maybe you don't think we can survive something like this, but history is proof that we can survive adversity.

Life is peace and war. Please learn to get over it so you can move on and be a better person. We don't fight all these wars and suffer through ill fortune for nothing. We do it for peace and love and family.

It's the duality of nature. Some people just refuse to accept it. It's sad.

"...The american people, in their righteous might, will win through to absolute victory..."

Remember that while WWII was a struggle, it didn't last forever. That's why we fight. We might not ourselves survive, but our children will. Someday, they will know peace and love and sunshine.

...And hopefully don't take it for granted. And never have to fight a war again. But that's unlikely.
edit on 13-2-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Rafe_

I am working on the discredit of Ralph Kolstad:

You have Weedwhacker by the balls for 100% on that one an his retreat is obvious.

This one needs one of his own to come in and back him up or discredit Ralph Kolstad.

Kolstad is the one who needs to be taken down.....by his balls......

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwacker

If Proudbird were a real pilot, he would understand this and never post such videos as a comparison as all those aircraft in his videos were within the flight envelope, unlike the aircraft reportedly used on 9/11.

"ProudBird" IS a real pilot.

The drag envelope graph is another well-known tactic.....and a major FAIL, for those of us who ARE ATPs.....

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   

AND.......

Proudbird just got done posting videos which prove that aircraft can fly within their flight envelope up to Vmo at low altitude. This is very different than the speeds reported on 9/11 which were 110-150 knots over their Vmo.

YES!!! I did.

There is NO physical limit to the jet, even at Sea Level......unless it approaches Mach 1.....and it is not designed to do that speed....

ALSO.....any pilot knows the aspect of gravity, in terms of a way to increase speed.....temporarily.....

I would think that someone from the so-called "Pilots for Truth" would know this????

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   

I also wish to say, FOR THE RECORD.....that taking another ATS member's name is pretty pathetic.......

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProudBird

taking another ATS member's name is pretty pathetic.......

Have you come across Balasamo?

Pathetic isn't the word...

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by jonnywhite

I want to say that the real (and original) ATS screenname "weedwhacker" was a true and trusted ATS member.

Sadly, he/she is no longer with us.

Many will take up the banner, though, in his/her absence......

edit on Mon 13 February 2012 by ProudBird because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by WWu777

So, one of the world's best pilots says he CANNOT duplicate the maneuvers of Flight 77, and that it's not possible. What does that tell you?

In plain English? It tells me he's lying.

I am, or was, an enthusiastic attendee of airshows, and I've seen large airliners, do amazing things such as...

*wait for it*

...low level very high speed passes. With absolutely no problems with accuracy, or problems with maneuverability.

I met one of those pilots afterwards, and got to talking with him, he's ex Navy, too. Combat time over Vietnam, and worked for a while for Pan-Am before they went under some years back... So, he too, is a very experianced pilot. If he can do it, so to can the good commander...if he says otherwise, one is forced to doubt his credentials...or his veracity. Which I do, both.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by WWu777

So, one of the world's best pilots says he CANNOT duplicate the maneuvers of Flight 77, and that it's not possible. What does that tell you?

It was a simple OVERHEAD CIRCLE.....to come back and line up for the approach!!

This is NOT a "difficult" thing......even for a pilot who has only a couple of hours....it is SO basic!!!!

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ProudBird

Maybe in your fantasy world.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by ATH911

You know, I am not a pilot so I generally tend to not get involved in these threads. But for you to suggest that flying in a circle is ultra ultra difficult is insane. Must be step 2 after flying in a straight line isn't it ?

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I'd like to know what the best estimate is of 77's IMPACT velocity.

FAA report: 527 mph before the turn?
edit on Mon Feb 13th 2012 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alfie1

Originally posted by ATH911

You know, I am not a pilot so I generally tend to not get involved in these threads. But for you to suggest that flying in a circle is ultra ultra difficult is insane. Must be step 2 after flying in a straight line isn't it ?

It is. Stuck in there somewhere is chewing gum and walking in a straight like out to the airplane. Ol' Ralph Kolstad would undoubtably have trouble doing that since he says flying an almost-21st century airliner into the broad side of one of the tallest buildings in the world at high speed is "impossible".

Seriously. You have got to bringing an impressive truck load of the stupid to claim that. Next? They'll be claiming an airplane will break apart 1 knot above its design speed!

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican

FAA report: 527 mph before the turn?
edit on Mon Feb 13th 2012 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

Have a look at this fairly recent decode of the last few seconds of AA 77's flight data recorder :-

journalof911studies.com...

Speed 4.5 seconds before impact was 470 knots.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican

FAA report: 527 mph before the turn

Pentagon Building Performance Report states:

According to the National Transportation Safety Board, the aircraft weighed approximately 181,520 lb and was traveling at 460 knots (780 ft/s) on a magnetic bearing of 70 degrees when it struck the Pentagon.

460 knots is 529 mph

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join