It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ever had that feeling?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 01:29 AM
link   
"While he had been up there three lightbulbs strung overhead had gone out and he lost his way back to the trapdoor. He had stumbled around for an unknown length of time closer and closer to panic, barking his shins on boxes and bumping into things, with a stronger and stronger feeling that something was stalking him in the dark."

The Shining by Stephen King

Has anyone ever had a feeling like this? Like something is out there and panic just grabs you, and no matter how hard you think nothing is out there, in the back of your mind, you know something really is there.

I once felt like this when I had to go pick up my sister from a house of one of her friends. I rang the doorbell and waited outside. The bushes to the left of me moved from far back closer and closer. I told myself it was the wind but if it got any closer i would do something. I rang the doorbell again as it got closer. It was so close that it almost reached the front porch and i was on the verge of yelling for help(whatever good that would do) when they finnaly opened the front door. probably one of my worst memories ever.

has anyone ever felt or had an experience like this? if so please tell!

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 01:30 AM
link   
correction. it wasnt the bushes moving but something moving through them. like pushing them out of the way.

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 01:53 AM
link   
I know exactly what you mean. I have had that feeling, of impending doom that builds up into something like terror. You feel that if you don't get to an area of light, or people, that something REALLY BAD will happen! Writing about it now I feel slightly silly, but I remember how I felt.

Interestingly, it only happened to me in certain places, and only when it was dark. For example, the factory in which I work consists of two older buildings and a newly built (2000) main area. When I worked the late shift, it was my job to lock up the place at the end of the shift (usually midnight, sometimes later), and every now and then when switching off the lights in the store (old building) I would feel like I had to get out of there, as described above. This has never happened in the new building.

Of course I am blessed with an active imagination, however, I am not the only one there who has felt the place might be slightly haunted!

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Welcome to Bigfoot... they love the bushes. They are also rumored to emit pheromones that scare the # out of you. I've experienced them up front and personal.

[Edited on 8-5-2004 by porschedrifter]

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Long time ago...I was all by myself. There was a slit moon out that night. There was a star of Venus out as well. I was observing the sky that night from my bed. That is when I saw him. First his little black man with the red eyes. Then he came along himself. Yea, I knew for awhile that I was being watched. Now...I wondered what their method was. What was their strategy. It was strange to see Lucifer standing in front of me, the shadow from the twilight.

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Ah ... the imagination at work ... you guys should collaborate on ghost stories ... or, better yet, on a movie plot!

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 03:10 AM
link   
You know what? GOOD IDEA xenophanes85.
We could entertain you till the sun goes down and then comes back UP again!

HOW'S THAT???

Sound good to ya?

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Jesus ... please don't turn me into a dehydrated piece of flesh with a horror stricken face! Please Samara?

[Edited on 5/8/04 by xenophanes85]

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 07:17 PM
link   
All the time... I'm blessed with jumping to conclusions and an overactive imagination. I always used to think a wolf followed me around... but not a bad wolf, but like something that was just there.

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Many a time i have had the feeling that something or someone is looking,following,or even ploting on me itz crazy but..........its just ur primitive mind at work!!!!!

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Yeah, I get that feeling...Almost every night when I'm lying in bed actually. It seems that minds just work differently at night and in the dark. You find yourself doing things that in the morning when you wake up you're like "My God, why the F@#$ did I do that!?!?" One time I had this half dream half awake thing...where there was a woman with white hair and dark eyes who put a snake in my bed. I actually got up, turned on the lights, checked all my blankets, then went and slept in the living room for the remainder of the night!! When I woke up in the morning I wanted to punch myself in the face haha.

posted on May, 9 2004 @ 03:45 AM
link   
When I was younger, it was bad--a ghostie who liked to watch me get upset at nogit--I learned to ignore it.

Highly empathic--have to ignore it. I go places where these type of fear-things are.

Laurel Valley: back of graveyard. Something REALLY doesn't want to be disturbed. Not comfortable with it at night. Multiple people felt.

Nicholls University: the park by the bayou: something keeps giving the mental image of jumping out pf the water, pulling you off the dock, and draggin you in--more than one person felt this sucker. Only happens when a RANDOM FOG rolls in the area--lasts about an hour. One person described it as a SEA TROLL--which was weird b/c we were still a bit too far form the sea. Felt the bugger, one time, about an 8th of a mile off, b/c I was focused on the area--was on my way out there to sit by the fountain. Normally, it has water sprites, but they wanted away from this thing.

Devil's Swamp Road--someone else was freaking out, but all I felt was anxiety. The part of me that likes destruction wants to meet what was there, but I'm not stupid enough to go on my own and most who woulld go are scary in the first place. Upsets most people whom I've been around it with even during the day.

A graveyard in downtown HOUMA, LA. I go here to perform songs at the cathedral, and have walked the graveyard often, but went once with someone who talks to deamons--the idiot--something there did not like him and my anxiety only went up the closer I was to him. The wind had picked up out of nowhere and was whistling through the graves--graves abouve-ground here b/c when it floods, those buried don't stay buried. Sometimes the above-ground grave sloat off in bad weather. As soon as we left, the wind died down to almost nothing, just like it was the whole earlier part of the day.

Early on, when I first allowed myself to feel them--childhood had scared me enough to not want to and wouldn't--at about the age of 21, ALL such creatures freaked me out and I'd feel that terror no matter what I did. My "guardian angel" which directs my speech with friends--the reason that I'm seen as a good counselor to them--accompanied by the feeling that I'm not speaking alone. It would freak m out, but I now ignore it to the point where I don't think I've seen it in about six months.

There's more, but I can't remember it right now...
Most of the abouve was a thingy's reaction to something that one of m firendswas being stupid about.

posted on May, 9 2004 @ 04:00 AM
link   
At one point in time I would have that feeling right before I pass out, I would ignore it, fall asleep, and then be immediately wake up in 10 minutes. I'd fall back asleep, then wake up in 10 minutes. This happened for at least 3 hours countinously. So I resorted to opening my bedroom door and leaving it open when I pass out. Never had a problem since. I guess the entity wanted out of the room really bad and couldn't get out. go fig. lol

posted on May, 9 2004 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crysstaafur
I guess the entity wanted out of the room really bad and couldn't get out. go fig. lol

Sounds like my dog...

I still get a weird feeling in the pit of my stomach when I go to put my clothes in the hamper in the back room. When I was little I always used to think I saw shadows in the dark that weren't my parents.

posted on May, 9 2004 @ 08:46 PM
link   
back when i was around 11 i lived in this 2 story house and one day totally random day it got to me and i was the only one home. i was sitting at the computer when the ceiling above me, which was the second story, was squeaking like someone had been up there walking around. i froze up and sat listening for 5 minutes. i walked to the base of the stairwell and watched it.
maybe the house was just old but it definetly sounded like there was someone walking around. just waiting and waiting for someone to look around the corner out of my bedroom and say "lovely house."
i went outside and waited for my parents to get home.

new topics

top topics

join