It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CIA's kill teams were modeled on Israel's hit squads

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Don't Shoot! -- The CIA's kill teams were modeled on Israel's hit squads

A ferocious dispute between the CIA and Congressional Democrats centers on an ultra-secret effort launched by agency officials after 9/11 to draw up plans to hunt down and kill terrorists using commando teams similar to those deployed by Israel after the 1972 Munich Olympic massacre, according to a former senior US official.

Officials of the CIA's undercover spying branch, then known as the Directorate of Operations, on and off over the last several years repeatedly floated and revised plans for the such operations, which would involve sending squads of operatives overseas, sometimes into friendly countries, to track and assassinate Al Qaeda leaders, much the same way Israeli Mossad agents sent assassins to Europe to kill men they believed responsible for murdering Israeli Olympic athletes, the former official said. But several former and current officials said the highly-classified plans, which last week provoked into a bitter argument between congress and the CIA, never became "fully operational," and CIA Director Leon Panetta put an end to the program in June....

www.democraticunderground.com...

I wonder if these hit squads still exist and have been deployed around the world. or maybe even on home turf? we've had a pretty good number of apparent assassinations during the last 2 administrations.

Either way, i think their connection to Israel is just propaganda. I'm not exactly sure how hit squads are assembled but I'm sure there's one efficient, mainstream way of doing it. The article never really states weather or not the CIA admitted to the connection, so id take it with a grain of salt.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
these hit squads have always existed. Even in WW2. the OSS would go to the italian mob and ask them for recruits to infiltrate moussolini's facist ranks and then assasinate them clandestinely.

During the 80's and 90's guys like richard marcinko were doing hits on terrorists all through out the world. even made it so that the hits would often look like the israelies did it and they would get blamed.

When he was running red cell he would frequently dispatch a two or 3 man team from the red cell unit operating in say egypt testing new military facilities. the testing was a cover. most of the guys would be doing what they said there were doing, but the two that would slip away for a day or two would really be hunting for the US Govt. and killing a known terrorist in the next town over.

THe most secret SF units do this sort of stuff. which is why we don't know they exist. another thing we've been doing for a long time with these teams are false flag attacks where we'll do a terrorist attack on an enemy and make it look like another terrorist group did it.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
By squads..they mean a 3 man team. Two shooters and one infiltrator. This has been going on for decades. I know a man who is the "infiltrator."

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
It was obvioud that they are trying to emulate the best. But I would still hire the Israli(spell check?) over the American anytime.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
trust me they exist..hehe...

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by The Killah29

Of course Mossad's Kidon has more real time experience then our CIA's Special Activities Division but the CIA guys (and gals too I assume) are no pushovers either. Look up Johnny Spann or Project Phoenix for a start.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
the isrealies are really good at going undercover and ifiltrating organizations to get intel and execute hits on targets. but they aren't the guys who invented this, and everything they do is no big lesson in how to do the art to any other SF operator. everybody knows the same tricks. they just have more fame at doing it. the british were better than the isrealies in ww2 at this sort of stuff. and the americans are veryy good at it too. we do cross train with the isrealies from time to time, but from what I've been told they ARE NOT THE BEST. in fact they are very limited in their abilities and only o a few things exceptionally. we'll pick up stuff from them from time to time, but guess what most countries are very spooky and sneaky and know just about all the same tricks and have the same experience in performing them. it's just that the isrealies get a lot more attention, and are also a little bit hyped up. just a little bit.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by BASSPLYR

I agree. If the Israelis are so famous for infiltrating, wouldn't it make sense that they aren't the best since ideally you want to infiltrate and not be heard of? Hmmm....

[edit on 15-7-2009 by radio_for_peace]

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
you've got a point. over hyped they are I thinks. Don't get me wrong they are very good. just not the roll model they proclaim to be to the rest of the world. Besides I've talked to SF guys who will state what they isrealies do good and what they do bad.

personally they said more lessons were learned about this sort of stuff by watching how the IRA was handled. Those guys who infiltrated that would have scared the isrealies in their balls and ability.

top topics

join