It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Goldman Sachs Sells $1 Billion of Three-Year, 3.625% Notes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Goldman Sachs Sells $1 Billion of Three-Year, 3.625% Notes

www.bloomberg.com

-- Goldman Sachs Group Inc., which set a Wall Street earnings record in the second quarter, sold $1 billion of three-year global notes, according to data compiled by Bloomberg.

The 3.625 percent debt priced to yield 212.5 basis points more than similar-maturity Treasuries, Bloomberg data show. A basis point is 0.01 percentage point.

Goldman Sachs hasn’t issued bonds with the backing of the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. since March

Today’s debt is likely to be rated A1 by Moody’s In
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.charlesgoyette.com

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Crazy Money Baby!!!
These guys really know how to make connections and play the market, gotta hand it to them i'm sorry.

Ron Paul And Glenn Beck Tag Team Goldman Sachs
Part 1

Part 2

if part 2 doesn't work
www.youtube.com...

www.bloomberg.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   

These guys really know how to make connections and play the market, gotta hand it to them i'm sorry.

Playing the markets? That's what you're calling what they are doing?

Yeah being literally the fourth branch of the government, having insider information everyday, rigging the markets, having unlimited funds from the FED...

Yeah... they are just a bunch of crooks 100X worse than Madoff. They should be in jail with him.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

ya I know, it was sarcasm bro

And yes they are worse than Madoff!

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Link to recent, in-depth article on GS rise to power. Includes all the culprits from both sides of the aisle. Seems fairly objective and independent. An absolute must read.

The Great American Bubble Machine

www.rollingstone.com...

My favorite quote: "Organized greed will always defeat disorganized democracy."

(Some great comments too.)

I had no idea the depth and scope of their power. They leverage other people's money with little risk so it's always a WIN-WIN.

Regards...KK

[edit on 15-7-2009 by kinda kurious]

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Didn't Glenn just say that Goldman paid back all the money the gov gave them?

I don't get it? I mean, I see the scandal in letting bear and lehman fail while saving goldman.... but didn't they do something good by giving the money back?

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka
I don't get it? I mean, I see the scandal in letting bear and lehman fail while saving goldman.... but didn't they do something good by giving the money back?

To me, the fact they returned the money so quickly implies they really didn't need it, nor the sanctions / rules that govern its acceptance.

They win no matter what the market does.

The Rolling Stone article I posted prior was very insightful. It will blow your mind.

Plus there was a recent thread about their "Doomsday" software. They are masters of market manipulation.

Just my .02¢

[edit on 16-7-2009 by kinda kurious]

join