It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama flubs the first pitch at All-Star game

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
This is absurd.

The first pitch is a ceremonial pitch.

It's not meant to be a test of manhood or even athletic ability.

It certainly doesn't have any political significance.

Bashing the president over something so trivial is a sign of an almost complete loss of perspective.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

That was better than the job 99% of ceremonial first pitch throwers do. I was expecting to see a real limp and girly effort. He actually looked a like a pitcher of sorts. Looks like he tried to steer it a bit which hindered his release. I also bet 99% of the people on this site couldn't throw the ball half as far with the same motion.

Edited to add: His blue jeans were nasty as all heck. He needs to give them to the salvaton army or something.

[edit on 15-7-2009 by sligtlyskeptical]

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Dumbest thread in ats history.

Seriously, who cares?

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by sligtlyskeptical

Edited to add: His blue jeans were nasty as all heck. He needs to give them to the salvaton army or something.

I thought the same thing, but Michelle has taken a lot of heat for wearing designer shoes and carrying a purse that cost a bundle, so maybe he was making a statement or perhaps those were some super expensive designer grunge jeans.

CNN did a report on Obama's jeans.

[edit on 2009/7/15 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   
This thread is lame? Yeah, probably, but tough noogies. The guy is rapidly destroying America, flaunting the laws like no other 'president' ever has, and my contempt for him runs very deep. I will ridicule him every chance I get.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
That pitch was fine. His jeans on the other hand wow............seriously out of style for the POTUS! I thought Michelle had some style! She needs to dress the boy better.

[edit on 15-7-2009 by Zosynspiracy]

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   
And of course, it didn't take long to get accused of racism

Originally posted by Witness2008
Even if the ball didn't get there who gives a S#%!. Oh ya..the O.P. Maybe it is the contrast of his skin with that white ball that bothers some folks.

You're right...pathetic.

One must not criticize the anointed one, lest ye be accused of racism.

Lame indeed.

[edit on 15-7-2009 by jsobecky]

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   
When President Bush was in office this board was nothing but a bash fest.He could have cured cancer and there would have been gripes!Turn about is fair play,or is it?

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by JMech
When President Bush was in office this board was nothing but a bash fest.He could have cured cancer and there would have been gripes!Turn about is fair play,or is it?

No, it isn't.

It was as wrong to bash Bush for merely being Bush as it is to bash Obama for merely being Obama.

I would expect conservatives to have a higher standard of behavior than the left.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Good point Grady, We should rise above but after eight years of Bush did this,Bush did that it is almost refreshing to see how the other side handles it,not too well it seems. President Obama is President and I will honor that but whenever anybody questions or ridicules him the red flags go up. Where was that during the Bush years?MSM and all.

[edit on C: by JMech]

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   
It was a KnuckleBall he threw. Haven't you ever seen Tim Wakefield of the Boston Redsox pitch?

But it was real strange because he took the ball from a former legend and threw to the new legend.

And what was up with the court house engraved into the grass along with the arch.. it must have some illuminati significance to it.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   

It was as wrong to bash Bush for merely being Bush as it is to bash Obama for merely being Obama.

I can't speak for others, but I don't bash Obama merely because.

I bash him because he is destroying this country.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Who gives a damn if Obama can pitch?

Move on people.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Who gives a damn if Obama can pitch?

Move on people.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by DaVillen

The courthouse is where we witches gather during a full moon and worship the new Messiah. I live in St. Louis and know several people that were at the game. Rumor has it the boo's were because of the White Sox jacket.

The court house is known for the Dred Scott suit for freedom.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   
What the video doesn't show is how close the ball came in too close to the ground, and the catcher had to lunge foward to catch the ball... You have to love the deflection away from the catcher when the cameraman realized the ball was going in toooo low.

I know because there's more videos on it (Better videos I might add)

It was a terrible throw and nearly bounced off the ground in front of the catcher, smashing him in the face.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky

I can't speak for others, but I don't bash Obama merely because.

I bash him because he is destroying this country.

What I am saying is that it is perfectly acceptable to attack the man based upon his policies, but it is base and petty to engage in the kind of attacks which this thread represents.

Obama is both a human being and the president of the United States and he should be treated with some measure of dignity.

To do otherwise reflect poorly upon the attacker.

As I said, conservatives should have better values than to engage in this kind of shameful behavior.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Yeah this thread is quite sad , Even though they're both tools.... at least Obama isn't as bad as This Guy

[edit on 15-7-2009 by EyesWideShut]

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zosynspiracy
That pitch was fine. His jeans on the other hand wow............seriously out of style for the POTUS! I thought Michelle had some style! She needs to dress the boy better.

[edit on 15-7-2009 by Zosynspiracy]

Confirmed: Obama’s “mom jeans” now officially a national news story

hotair.com...

Fashionistas accuse President Obama of wearing "mom jeans," and

video

[edit on 113131p://bWednesday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I don't really care for President Obama. He has done alot that I don't agree with and very few if anything that I do agree with.

However, there was nothing wrong with that pitch. It got to the catcher with very little adjustment from him.

I think he has done enough wrong things that warrant a thread. Making up stupid crap to flame the guy with isn't doing the rest of us who don't like him any favors.

Even if the ball had only made it halfway to home, who would really care?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join