It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Media ponder 'energy chess game'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Media ponder 'energy chess game'

news.bbc.co.uk

Turkish writers were pleased about the Nabucco gas pipeline deal signed by Turkey, Austria, Hungary, Bulgaria and Romania on Monday in Ankara. They saw it as placing their country in an excellent position strategically, particularly with regard to Europe.

But a commentator in one Turkish paper, as well as writers in several Romanian dailies, wanted to know from where the gas for the pipeline would come. This point was also not lost on Iran's hard-line daily Hezbollah, which believes Europe will have to approach Iran.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
The New Great Game
Iranian revolt Explained - Wake Up!

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Well for those of you who have followed along knew this was coming. The Russians and the Iranians are scratching their heads. If you are not familiar with "The Game" check out the links provided in the Related thread links provided.

This is a win for the EU. They hopefully wont have yet another gas crises in winter. The projects are a few years off from completion.

Just another piece being played in the The Great Game.

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   
LOL
No replies?
Now that is a conspiracy.
One small bump then off into the ATS Abyss

MBF

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Good find. It deserves a post. I don't blame Europe, I don't like to be cold in the winter either. Russia's little stunt may have turned on them.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I'm surprised the EU didn't just print the money. That's what our government does, and, it seems to work fine for them.

Really.

top topics

join