It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.N. to place travel ban on N. Korean gov't officials, scientists

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 06:20 AM
link   

U.N. to place 1st travel ban on N. Korean gov't officials, scientists

www.breitbart.com

A U.N. sanctions committee is making final adjustments to place a travel ban on about a dozen North Korean government officials and scientists involved in the country's nuclear and missile development, a move that could lead to the first U.N. travel ban on North Korean individuals, diplomatic sources at the world body said Wednesday.

The committee of the U.N. Security Council is likely to designate more North Korean-related entities as subject to asset freezes, further toughening sanctions
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 15-7-2009 by sunny_2008ny]

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 06:20 AM
link   
The US has once again tried to control what goes on at the UN. The ban on travel by Norht Korean officials is just another attempt at gimmick by the UN.

The UN may face problems if China vetos the proposed measure. It is the nuclear issue and that why sanctions are being imposed on North Korea.

Now it seems the US will dictate what missiles or nuclear weapons a country will develop.

India was placed under sanctions in 1998 after their second nuclear test, and in 2008 what do we have ? A India - US nuclear agreement !

www.breitbart.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I'm glad I'm responding first.

How can anyone think that this travel ban is a good thing. I think it is a sign of the future. When they start to limit individual freedoms, any of us could be next. Who's travel (or anything else for that matter) will they try to limit next?

As far as OP's comments go, I agree, but it's even worse that the U.S. is behind this because they're using personal individual sanctions and not sanctions against government. That's NOT what the U.S. government should be doing - and they know it - that's why they're hiding behind the UN cover.

[edit on 15/7/2009 by Iamonlyhuman]

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Even I think this is a bit too far. Since when can the UN decide who gets to travel where? So what if they're NK officials? People have a right to travel.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I think they are desperately trying to neutralize NK because it doesn't really fit into the "master plan". If they go and start waging uncoordinated wars things could go awry for TPTB. The stock market wouldn't like that either.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
A Travel ban?
How ridiculous. The UN doesn't have the right to tell you that you can't travel. Even if they do end up placing these sanctions on the officials, they probably won't listen anyway.

~Renarism

top topics

join