It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 earthquakes near New Zealand 6.1 and a 7.8

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Well we survived the night... in a tent >.>

Talk about paranoid. Nothing happened, but we went for a camping trip in the highlands anyway.

We're still being told to avoid the waters edge on the radio this morning, because the swell is going to be huge. Surfers are going to go nuts.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Fooff,

Having seen first hand what a tsunami can do those are some really brave surfers. I respect mother natures power, and have been humble a few times in my lifespan, but the tsunami takes the cake.

Please everyone stay safe, it's better to be a bit cautious on the tsunami warnings or watches.

RT

Originally posted by fooffstarr
Well we survived the night... in a tent >.>

Talk about paranoid. Nothing happened, but we went for a camping trip in the highlands anyway.

We're still being told to avoid the waters edge on the radio this morning, because the swell is going to be huge. Surfers are going to go nuts.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Yea i live in queenstown seemed to go on for ages, i couldnt tell if ti was gonna get worse or not, started heading for the door haha

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Just want to say a big thanks for all those from the affected area who logged on to let us know what happened, Its great to hear from those who experienced it and what you heard and felt,

Thanks again

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 05:17 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by asala

No worries asala. Thank you for creating this thread.

It was our biggest quake in 76 years and it sure felt like it. I found the quake to be rather exciting. Some wussy Queenstowners like Skinon had to grab their blanky and flee to the doorways

It is strange feeling the ground shake like that for so long though. I will admit to being a teeny, incy wincy bit nervous. Your mind starts to race, entertaining thoughts like "Asteroid? super quake? Nuke? Is this the end?
?

All this 2012 talk is starting to get to me...................... na I'm cool

Peace

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Just a little nugget of infor from this quake, It seems that when this quake happened it moved New Zeland a little closer to Australia by 12 inches

Aerial inspection of forests near the quake's epicentre showed few land slips or other signs of damage.

This was partly because the rupture, at the boundaries of the Australian and Pacific plates, directed its energy largely westwards towards the sea rather than inland.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by asala

I read about that last night!! Amazing isn't it?

The country actually moved!

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Awesome. 12 inches closer to my favourite country in the world

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   
There are still aftershocks of relative size occurring. Could the big one that caused no damage just be a warning?

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 04:49 AM
link   
It could just be the stress level, It had a pretty big move so i assume there has to be a release of tension fro a little while to come,

Hopefully its not the sign of anything more to come, i would like to think its had its wake up and stretch,

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join