It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Answer is Obvious(ly too much for most to accept)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 03:51 AM
link   
unfortunately war becomes necessary when you have an individual who insists on needless violence upon innocents who have a need and right to defend themselves. the war itself is a horrible, but sometimes necessary atrocity.

case in point: hitler

other than that i agree with the OP

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 03:52 AM
link   
I concede.

Peace is untouchable.

You win.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by NexGenRevolution
Make a public scene out of first time offenders. Lop off a hand. Make them live with the humiliation. Second offense, publically lop off a head. No mercy when its comes to crime.

They already do this in the middle east and guess what? They still have criminals and lunatics and fanatical terrorists. Try again.

Something tells me you are also against the death penalty which would lead me to believe that since you are such a peace maker, you would be against your own policy of chopping off hand, arms and heads as punishment.

It must suck when logic slaps you in the face.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by WhatTheory

Your Welcome

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Discotech

Fair enough I stand correct in that

As for all those that wish harm on others. Well, lets set aside an island or something like that. Stick them all on there and let them fend for themselves, no help from the outside. Most of them wouldn't last a week.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by WhatTheory

I conform to a lot of conservative views actually. I'm a gun totin, criminal fryin, ardant capitalist. Sprinkle some things like free choice of how you live your life in there (babies, homosexuals) and you've got me pegged.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by NexGenRevolution

And this is the problem with the peace lovers, you guys just don't like fighting for your cause

Ultimately if you truely want world peace then must find the solution to keeping everyone happy all of the time, Happy people do not go around murdering people, stealling from people unless they are deranged.

So there you go, don't look for world peace as impossible to gain when it's that you which aim for, make everyone happy though and you will have your peace

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by The_Seeker

Absolutely! I don't mean to steal your thunder but I had a notion very similar to your idea of Criminal Isle.

I imagined a structured society where there were three or four tiers of people, each tier living separate from the others. The lowest tier would be your rapists and murders living together, running their own businesses and what not. The next would be criminals who had committed slightly lesser crimes and up and up through the top tier of.. nice people. It'd be easy to move down a tier, but awfully hard to move back up.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Again this wasn't really supposed to be a "World Peace" thread but rather a "Humans are a lot smarter than this, lets stop throwing feces at each other and go check out mars instead" thread, even though, I know, there are already a lot of those floatin round.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 04:05 AM
link   

No, I know I still fight for my cause, I just choose not to do it in a violent manner, or use anything that will harm those around me!

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by NexGenRevolution

Again this wasn't really supposed to be a "World Peace" thread but rather a "Humans are a lot smarter than this, lets stop throwing feces at each other and go check out mars instead" thread, even though, I know, there are already a lot of those floatin round.

Finally someone who sees this thread correct.

I don`t understand a lot of anwsers here, off course it is impossible to abolish war completely and off course it is impossible to try and stop all murderers, rapists and what not, BUT, and this is a big BUT...

IF wars were not started over some dead plants and animals rotting in the ground ( read: oil ), but instead someone up top realised, hey, maybe, perhaps, we could spend some of our budget on replacing all the street lights in our nation by LED versions that only shine downward. Hell the lamp posts could even have small solar panel or wind turbine in some cases.
This would create jobs and reduce light pollution and gas, electricty use. ( and this is simply one of many ideas that could be implented to save energy and create jobs at the same time. )

IF some of that budget were poured into new designs for space craft or large space projects where many people could actually start to colonise another planet in a reasonable time. I think that this would generate a renewed interested in technology and it would provide another leap forward and a boost to our economy.
( I for example had an idea in mind where you would fly out of the atmosphere using a plane like craft to something like the ISS and from there on to your destination in a space worthy craft )

IF some of that budget were used to create infrastructure in Africa and basic schooling ( instead of this being done by the evil IMF ) - They could actually make a very nice buck by feeding the world...

NOW I`m not saying that if one or all three of these ideas were in place that Earth would suddenly be the garden of eden it once was , but I do believe that a lot of people who would otherwise turn to stealing, killing, looting and raping would have a job and some food to put in their mouths and their childrens...

For once, try using some empathy and not only for 'your own kind' ( middle class that is )

Cheers

Edit: Spelling and grammar

[edit on 15-7-2009 by Lunatyx]

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 06:35 AM
link   
If someone could mastermind a hoax that brought e.t. into the picture to perfom miracles of technology, and to explain how a long time ago us earthlings confused them for GOD and comenced to worshiping out of shear terror, the kind of terror that displaces rational thinking, then maybe we could eliminate religion for starters. Out with the old stick and carrot of religion and in with the new stick and carrot of realistically assessing our global conditions and dealing with them accordingly as humanely, ethically and compationately as possibly. STOP using the word impossible...surely you're not going to discount the POWER of suggestion. O.K., there's a spark, who want's to fan it?

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by plainmike

This ET hoax you suggest, hasn't it been suggested by others that it is already in the making? I thought so..

Maybe the PTB aren't pushing their own agenda, but making a decent one for the good of all humankind

.. nahh who am I kidding. But sure, what harm is one lie to end another, right?

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   

It's similar but instead of ET being friendly, it's supposed to be a vast holographic invasion hell bent on killing us which will force us to pull together and form the NWO/one world religion thing.

It's called Project BlueBeam, quite an interesting read!

Oh and Lunatix I suggest you go and read all about Abiotic oil and how what we were taught about fossils & plantlife making oil is a lie

[edit on 15/7/09 by Discotech]

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Discotech
Oh and Lunatix I suggest you go and read all about Abiotic oil and how what we were taught about fossils & plantlife making oil is a lie

[edit on 15/7/09 by Discotech]

Thanks, very interesting read - It could be very plausible that petroleum did form as a result of planetary forming and that some more shallow reservoirs or petroleum sands were created as a result of mass extinction (which we had).
I find hard to dismiss the biotic forming idea because of the biomarkers they find in oil, I though we had that technology figured out ?

Anyway, I think should research should go back to honest scientists instead of some giant oil company looking for only profits...

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Its all about power, man. And power/greed is a human condition. 2 & 2 together and you see why this stuff still happens.

[edit on 7/16/09 by MoothyKnight]

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 01:46 AM
link   

IMO, war should only be done in the service of JUSTICE not serving selfish interests.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join