It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America's best Christian explains traditional marriage

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Traditional marriage explained by America's best Christian!

Came across this video today and thought it was great.

Thought I would share.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 01:28 AM
link   
You are truly my new best friend. I got such a laugh out of this that I think I broke a vein.

Wait... take that back.. you're not my best friend! You tried to kill me!

This is great. Sad thing is, it's all stuff DIRECTLY from the bible... any guesses as to how long before people come in here and start spouting off about taking them out of context?

oh shoot.. i just did it. I LOST THE GAME.

Bah.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Yeah, I laughed real hard too! I just think it is funny that a lot of people totally disregard certain parts of the Bible, but when they refer to Homosexuality, it is the word of God.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by TERAKO68

I needed a good laugh

thanks for that!

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by TERAKO68
Yeah, I laughed real hard too! I just think it is funny that a lot of people totally disregard certain parts of the Bible, but when they refer to Homosexuality, it is the word of God.

I thought it was funny, but just because things happen in the bible doesn't mean the bible is trying to say it's "right".

As far as the gay marriage, what you say only goes to prove they don't give a crap what the bible says, they are merely using it as an excuse to cover/hide their own hatred and bias. It's all that is, and Jesus makes the same exact point to the pharisees of his time who claimed to care about "god's laws", but also picked, choose and added to it.

Anytime someone tells you the bible is the authority and "god's word", tell them they are wrong and the bible even says so.

Matthew 7

28And it came to pass, when Jesus had ended these sayings, the people were astonished at his doctrine:

29For he taught them as one having authority, and not as the scribes.

scribes = those who write scripture, aka the bible.

If they tell you that you have to become a christian and join the religion in order to find the father(god) and such, tell them no thank you - the bible says otherwise.

24He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.

25These things have I spoken unto you, being yet present with you.

26But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

The clip was funny, but I'd really suggest learning to seperate what people do in the name of god, and what the understanding of the bible actually is. God doesn't need a religion, or care about them either. What you see in religion isn't what the bible is talking about at all, quite the opposite in many/most cases, or atleast all that you can point out them doing as "Bad". Sometimes even specifically warned about.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by badmedia

Thanks for the reply and the information. I am glad you found humor in it.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   
New Computer tower- $350
Internet service- $50
THAT VIDEO!!!!- Frakkin' Priceless!!!

You're my new bff!

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 03:31 AM
link   
OP very funny video. Hugs! There were certainly a lot of different relationships in the bible by the so called founders of beliefs. We find they were just as human as us.

reply to post by badmedia

badmedia
What you say is true. I would dare guess what Jesus would say in regards to what became of his message. If they look high and low in regards to finding an Anti-Christ well look no further because they created one. I have not been in this faith for 20 years and it astounds me that I would get attacked by someone of the faith that has never cracked the book except to look up condemnation of others. Just as you described Scribes and Pharisees.

I'm working on an essay right now that brings to light that most of the "Eunuchs" of the bible were in fact gay men due to the culture at the time. It has been whitewashed to only think of Eunuchs as castrated men in this day in time but, in most cultures surrounding and in the ancient Jewish cultures there were "born Eunuchs"

For there are eunuchs who were born so from their mother’s womb; and there are eunuchs who were made eunuchs by men; and there are eunuchs who made themselves eunuchs for the sake of the kingdom of heaven. To him who can comprehend, that is enough.” (Matthew 19:12)

A.Born with no desire for women
B. Castrated-Very rare in that era
C. Celibate Priests/Holy People-It is not just sex they give up, it is giving up much of the outer world to focus within. Similar to other religions. Not the mockery that priests have become.

I am going to prove that in most cases "born eunuchs" were gay men that had no desire for women and in some instances were treated as women. It is my belief that the most of the idea of abstaining priests originated from gay eunuchs that abstained from male--->female intercourse.

I've got to finish it though and find a way to present a lot of material to ATS (dozens of pages).

Peace and Love Badmedia.

[edit on 17/7/09 by toochaos4u]

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   
That is hilarious!

Good job. that was the best video she made. I checked out the others and that hands down was the funniest.

top topics

join