It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is there never any evidence of visitation?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   

This is one of the most used reasons to deny the existence of extraterrestrial visitation, and with good reason. It seems to be a strong argument. Now I don’t know if aliens really exist. I am in no way saying that the following proves the existence of extraterrestrial visitation. All I am doing is giving a plausible explanation in response to other people’s skeptical analysis.

But I have a proposal as to why this may be:

Let’s say that I were to enter your house, dig through your stuff, drink milk from the carton, use your bathroom ect. On my way out a member of your family sees me and calls the cops. How would they prove I was there? As per this hypothetical situation the only evidence that I left was forensic evidence (DNA, fingerprints etc.) forensic testing usually costs a lot of money and ufologists aren’t usually that well off.

So therein lies the first problem; the evidence may be their but no one knows to, or can afford to test it.

Now for the second problem; we assume that if these beings exist that they are from another planet, or alternate dimension. Meaning our environment would most likely be hostile to them forcing them to wear some form of protective suit. Now in the above hypothetical situation if I were to wear a full NBC suit, and not directly interact with the given environment, I would probably not leave any usable evidence behind for the police to prove I was there.

So there is what I think to be a reasonable explanation to the lack of evidence. I will repeat however, that I fully understand that this does not prove the existence of extraterrestrials. All I have tried to do is give reasonable speculation as to the lack of evidence.

Thanks for reading.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 12:37 AM
link   
As a skeptic here, that's a pretty good statement.

Although eventually, you would think some conclusive evidence would appear.

Although if a being that can travel tons of lightyears to another invisible to the eye planet, I suppose they could be pretty darn sneaky!

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   
well considering they would have to defy gravity in order to travel in the ways we describe, that could eliminate the need for "landing zones" as far as fingerprints and the like, i have never heard of anyone really trying to get that in depth with a UFO site. Other evidence would be disemoweled animals? (got em) random images on film? (Got em) odd encounters with pilots? (them too) or maybe wierd radar encounters?(and yup)

so perhaps the evidence is there, just not like you are describing?

BTW- i am just playing devil's advocate here

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by NRA4ever333

In this sighting, Gordon Cooper had a film crew there and they filmed the incident.

There are other interesting sightings like this where the film has been confiscated by TPTB and never seen again. I would really like to see some of this confiscated film. So maybe there is some evidence that's never been released to the public, this would be near the top on my list of things I'd like to see released.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 01:12 AM
link   
people think in earthly terms. maybe the visitations are astral/metaphysical in nature, and that is why there isn't alien DNA.

as for photos and videos - most people are too amazed to want to take a picture or get out their video camera. you usually just don't think about it, and the few people who do tend to be entrepreneurs and thus their credibility might be lower than average.

plus any good picture or video footage is always dismissed as fake since with technology you can literally fake anything. there's really many reasons why there is not consensus among people as to their existence, but to say there is no evidence - that is just not true.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 01:18 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by NRA4ever333

UFO ROUNDUP

Volume 5
Number 39
September 28, 2000
Editor: Joseph Trainor
UFO Roundup and the UFOINFO site are operated on a "Not For Profit" basis. You can help to keep UFO Roundup operating by making a donation.

PHILIPPINES RELEASES SECRET UFO FILES
"Now it can be told."

"A team from the Philippines Atmospheric, Geophysical and Astronomical Services Administration (PAGASA) has admitted actively participating in the investigation of what is known as Close Encounters of the Third Kind."

"UFOs or unidentified flying objects, in particular, Elmer Escosia, team leader, team leader, said they opined files to reveal what they discovered so far instead of keeping the information to themselves."

"'Our files and records are open to the public and anyone can read or research,' Escosia told the Manila Times.

"The team, he said, is composed of eight members under PAGASA's Astronomy Division, which was assigned to investigate UFO sightings in the country," i.e. the Philippine Islands.

"According to Escosia, they were able to explain most of the UFO sightings from all over the country, which were reported to PAGASA."

"But, he admitted, they were stumped and found no logical explanation for three such sightings."

"The first was in 1984, or 16 years ago, when children reported that they saw 'bulbous-non-human beings' alight from a large, disk-shaped 'spacecraft' which landed in Ormoc City in western Leyte."

(Editor's Note: Ormoc is a port city on the west coast of Leyte Island, located about 640 kilometers or 400 miles southeast of Manila, the national capital. Ormoc was the site of a ferocious battle between the Imperial Japanese Army and the U.S. Army's 77th Division in September 1944 during World War II.)

'It was impossible not to believe the children's testimonies since they gave the same descriptions,' Escosia said."

"He added they sent the description of the 'aliens' to other investigators in the USA who appeared to be similarly stumped."

"The two other unexplainable sightings were in Las Pitas and Muntiniupa City in 1997 and on May 10 of this year (2000)."

"In 1997, Escosia reported, at least 400 people reported that they saw 13 odd-shaped flying objects that were clearly visible in the following subdivisions: Uranium Street, Pilar village, Las Pitas" (and) "Dona Josefa, also in Las Pitas, and Heroes Hill in Muntiniupa."

"The eyewitnesses described the UFOs as transparent and hollow at the middle, closely resembling a school of jellyfish minus the tentacles." (See the Manila Times for September 14, 2000, "Three sightings of UFOs aliens stump PAGASA astronomical experts," by Jeannette Andrade. Many thanks to Rev. Billy Dee for forwarding the newspaper article.)
ufoinfo.com...

it doesn't say in the article but it left imprints on the ground

[edit on 15-7-2009 by reject]

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Good answers everyone; I suppose these being do leave plenty evidence, just not any that skeptics would recognize.

I can at least understand their (Skeptics) refusal to look beyond from a psychological point of view, if their minds allowed them to accept something beyond their normal way of thinking it may blast their sanity to pieces.

Darko has it spot on. Even if someone took a perfect picture of an alien standing next to it's ship, no one would beleive it because it could be faked.

As for me, I consider myself a believer in alien/extradimentional visitation. I just use a very conservative approach to what I believe is real in the UFO community. This is due to the many hoaxes that have spurned me before.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   

This would seem like evidence of a sort -

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
As far as abductions go I could really see how there would be no evidence left behind.

Forensic evidence includes but is not limited to finger prints, dna from hair and tissue, fibers etc. If an alien has no hair, and no finger prints (if they are not mammalian they wouldn't) and no fibers on the craft (carpet etc) then they would leave no Forensic evidence of their presence in said home. They could be good at covering their tracks.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
No evidence?

www.crystalinks.com...

I agree with you completely, cattle mutilations are obviously not evidence. But there is some evidence that is just not being released to the public, like the Gordon Cooper video.

[edit on 15-7-2009 by Arbitrageur]

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

A few years ago a friend of mine (who is a UFO fanatic) who knew I liked talking with him about extraterrestrials. He gave me a video that I have watched several times since called “Close Encounters Proof of Alien Contact”. It had an interview with Cooper about that very incident.

I find it interesting when an American Hero like an astronaut comes out. It gives a person a lot more credence to their claims, when they have a pre-existing high public profile to risk. He has my respect and admiration that he would come out like that about E.T.s, and he is definitely one source I am willing to believe.

P.S. most of the above mentioned video was pretty interesting. I’ve seen a lot of UFO specials and videos and this was one of the most believable and entertaining.

Another good one was “The Alien Files UFOs Under Investigation”. It’s a 5 disc set with lots of good, accurate information, but the content presented was a little dry and to the point. Not recommended unless you’ve taken your ADD drugs that day. Leave it to the Canadians to make UFOs boring. (just kidding)

But thank you for bringing up the Gorden Cooper incident. I had forgotten all about it.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by visible_villain

I was not able to watch the video you posted. It says it is private. can you find a non-private source?

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   

be creative ...

Where there's a will there's a way ...

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   
There is evidence of them visiting, but there's just so many problems with validating the evidence.

1. There's so many convincing hoaxed pictures/videos, and there's plenty of motives for why people would fake them. It seems alot easier to agree that someone is producing fakes if their earning money/attention from it.

2. For all the pictures/videos/sightings/ground samples, there doesnt seem to be any of the same pieces of evidence arising - such as particular model of aircraft or size.

3. If you assume that the Government knows about aliens and dont want the general public to know, then why are there so many friggin ufo's flying around at night with their lights on? Short of leaning through one of their portholes with a megaphone in hand/claw/flipper and shouting 'UFO COMING THROUGH', they couldnt make themselves more obvious.

4. Even if valid evidence does arise, people still have the prerogative to say it could be faked, even lab results & whatnot.

reply to post by Arbitrageur

I like how it says 'animated simulation' in the video like it isnt obvious.

new topics

top topics

join