It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Martial Arts

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I Have Just Realised, Yeah He Is Right I Had The wrong end Of The Kendo Stick... But After Searching I Came Across This...

Aikido does not have to be a self-defence. Defence is the same as attack. Aikido is a way to create a situation where it is difficult to attack. If an attack does not happen, defence is not necessary.

Resource: Aikido

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 10:36 AM
link   
As For Karate I said I Did Tang Soo Do For 8 Years And It Is A Defensive Stance You Take, Karate Is A Defense Form Of Martial Arts.

As a student you will learn to use your hands and legs in such a manner as to simulate actual combat with an armed or unarmed opponent. With these skills, we guarantee you a method of self-defense that has no equal

Resource: Karate

[Edited on 14-5-2004 by The Black Death]

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I know I'm knew and all but isn't Jeet Kun Do the obvious answer here. Bruce Lee developed it specificaly withough any of the katas that leed the practitioner into a set form leaving them free to adapt to any situation making it the closest thing to a perfect fighting style out there.

[Edited on 15-5-2004 by marleyman420]

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Jeet Kun Do Is A Martial Arts That You Have Only A Split Second To Attack Before You Opponent, Bruce Lee Would Hit What Part Of You Body You Was Goin To Move Like If You Went To Kick Bruce In The Leg He Would React Quicker Then You And Alot Harder.

Disabling Your Opponents Attacks In Mid Action Isnt Something I Could Do Myself, But If Your Reaction Time Is Above Normal Then I Guess You Could Kick Anyone's A s s

[Edited on 16-5-2004 by The Black Death]

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I say go for Bruce's style called Jeet Kun Do, it is formless and takes the best out of all arts and uses them.

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Seriously folks Jeet Kun Do is the way to go. (It rhymes)
But Bruce Lee developed Jeet Kun Do as a fighting style without the forms and katas so that the practitioner could escape falling into a set form, thus leaving them able to adapt to any situation making it the ULTIMATE fighting style. IN A STEEL CAGE

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Well If You Are Goin To It Then You Have To Have A
Quick Reaction Time Because That Is What Made Bruce
Lee So Good At What He Did, He Was Quicker Then Any
Body Else Which Is An Advantage But In This World
Today Jackie Chan Would Woop Bruce Lee Because
Bruce Is Only Trained In 2 Forms Of Martial Arts And Has
Taken Moves From Other Martial Arts Yet Jackie Chan Is
Trained In Over 12 Different Martial Arts Which Is An
Advantage Over Bruce..( What A Mouth Full That Was
Ha Ha)
See My Point?

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Doesn't change anything to the fact that Jeet Kune Do is still a very effective martial arts.

Question: Why are you writting the first letter of every words in CAPS?

Edit: It's kinda annoying to read.

[Edited on 17-5-2004 by m0rbid]

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Well I Have To Disagree Shoalin Is The Best Form Of Martial Arts, For Attack And Tai Chi For Defense. But Im Biased I Havnt Got An Over Average Reaction Time So It Isnt For Me

I Have A Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Which Means I Have To Type Like This Or It Doesnt Feel Right....
(Sorry I Know It Is Annoyin!)

[edit on 8-6-2004 by The Black Death]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join