It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Don't They Just Land?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by amongus

LOL! Touche! I'll give you a star for that one.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Just tell him they do land, but they're invisible.

If he doesn't believe you. Ask him if he believes in GOD.

Regards...KK

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
i would say they have but exist in another spectum of light, we cant see them. Ha eat that

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I'll toss a couple thoughts out there, not necessarily original thoughts:

1. They don't exist.
2. They do exist but do not possess the technology to land here.
3. They have a policy of non-interference with an inferior species.
4. They are biding their time.
5. They have landed but it's been covered up.
6. They are landing but we cannot see them.
7. They would land but are waiting for Chuck Norris to die.

Hmph.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Well, the simple reason why "they" don't land is because "they" aren't there. If there are aliens "out there" with an equal or even a far greater mental capacity then ours, they still couldn't get here despite all of the fanciful theories out there made up just to explain how "they" could travel the impossible distances to get here.

And if I suspend all logic and assume that they are so infinitely more intelligent then we are and actually could get here even though matter can not travel at light speed (let alone many times light speed), why would they go through all that bother to visit an ant farm anyway. If you were to live in Washington state like I do, for example, would you travel all the way to China just to see an ant farm?

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I have heard these two common opinions on this subject the most.

1.They are peaceful. They made a deal with the government/military and the whole thing is being kept secret. They release small amounts of information to the public at a time to try and ready us for the knowledge of their existence.

2.They are hostile. The government only knows about them through chance events, (Like Roswell) and realizes they are trying to take over through guile. They don’t want a full out war, they are taking over by slipping into our governments infrastructure behind the scenes.

I personally think it’s as simple as this:
they are studying us like we study animals. (Tagging, tracking, medical experiments, etc.) But you wouldn’t land in amongst a bunch of angry unpredictable apes would you? The most common reaction to the unknown is fear, and fear makes us dangerous.

They may not want to talk to us because they are unfathomably more intelligent than us. We can teach some other primates sign language, but I can't imagine they have much of interest to say. Even though we have the power of speech, and cognition, that does not mean we are intelligent by their standards.

To assume we are on the same level as being who can travel the cosmos is a bit vain. We may someday find out that we live in a universe full of intelligent beings, and we may find ourselves counted least amongst them, if we are counted amongst them at all.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
We may e dealing with a form of life so strange to us they could show up in your bedroom and you may or may not notice them. ET life could show up in any manner of ways. As for why have they not landed? They may already have, were just to dense to figure it out.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Scope and a Beam

yeh-probably-disease-as-one-of-the-main-factors!

peace

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by watsgoingon?

I would doubt that our microbial life affects them at all. It is entirely possible that no pathogen would recognize their DNA/biological makeup. Or at least would not be compatable with it.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scope and a Beam
reply to post by amongus

Exactly, if I knew insects could talk and had a intelligent society I'd get down and have a chat.

Insects are intelligent,not intelligent enough for us to share the secrets of quantum mechanics with though.You assume that aliens would like to have a chat with us based on our pre conceived ideas that we are an intelligent compared to other animals on earth,not on the basis on how intelligent we are compared to an advanced ET race.Again i dont believe we are being visited by Et's...but speculating i think they just dont give a damn either way.We can nukes ourselves into a glass crater or hold hands and live together peacefully.I dont think they care much.They will simply observe whatever species happens to be on the planet.Then again,the Et's may just be AI...no wants or needs,just intelligence.I like speculating about things like this but at the end of the day we have no effin clue how aliens think or perceive things.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by sickofitall2012
reply to post by Scope and a Beam

The same reason we don't go up to the chimpanzees and say "what up, can I hang with ya'll?"
But we do. Do they understand us all the time, or do we understand them all the time? No, but we do make contact with other animals, insects, humans, etc.

I think the answer may be a hard one to swallow: They aren't extraterrestrial, and even if real, it's just humans.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by TravisT

I believe the question was: “why don’t they land?” If you are incapable of speculating about their existence there can be no “they” for you, and you are wasting time.

Now I do not know if “they” are real, but I won’t consign myself to denying the possibility just because I can’t understand them. Once you believe something is impossible you may as well believe that the world is flat.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scope and a Beam
I was saying about how they must be aliens etc and he just stopped me in my tracks by saying "Well why don't they just land and get out?"

There are more then one possible answers. They don't land because:

1) There's no proper landing strip for that many UFO's.

2) Then ALL hell would break loose on Earth. Humans would go fighting against eachother and fuzzing about who has the first claim on the UFO's.

3) They are OBSERVERS mainly. They watch and like monitoring humans.

4) They don't interfere with other beings's mess. They;ve got a #load of mess themselves.

5) They simply can't be bothered. They have much more important issues to care about.

6) They have their own hidden agenda's. Maybe they just want to take over the Universe?

7) They don't think ALL humans are worthy enough. They see us as ants moving around a pile of sh*t.

8) They want to stay invisible so they can keep the lid on the UFO subject.

9) They think we are nothing more then chickens on a chickenfarm. They're only trying to make us produce more eggs.

10) They like playing God. In ancient times they've got that 'role' and don't want to give up just yet.

or simply put

they have their reasons for not just landing and show themselves.

[edit on 7/14/2009 by Melyanna Tengwesta]

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
They see no reason to give us that benefit, our species is as idiotic as they get in the universe.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
They do not land because they do not exist seems to be the most obvious explanation.

I am sure if they have a "no interference" mentality then they would not be zipping around (just outside camera focus, mind), with all their saucer lights on. If they were afraid of Earth germs (a la "War of the Worlds") then that's silly because they must have the tech to deal with that.

Er... There you have it. They don't land because they don't exist. Heresy, I know, but is there any other rational explanation.

Regards

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by NRA4ever333
reply to post by TravisT

I believe the question was: “why don’t they land?” If you are incapable of speculating about their existence there can be no “they” for you, and you are wasting time.

Now I do not know if “they” are real, but I won’t consign myself to denying the possibility just because I can’t understand them. Once you believe something is impossible you may as well believe that the world is flat.
Good god, what is with all the hostility around here for the past 12-16 months?

I answered the question clear, and without stepping on any toes. There are no "rules" to this thread, and for some reason, you think there was. I don't think they have landed, cause I don't think they are either: a.) visiting Earth, or b.) happen to be man-made crafts.

That was my speculation, and I'm sorry if it doesn't jive with yours, but that's what I came up with. And as for "wasting your time": why don't you put me on ignore, so you don't have to waste time reading my posts. Jeesh!

[edit on 14-7-2009 by TravisT]

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by kerazeesicko

Originally posted by hermantinkly
Because the TPTB still have a military, warlike mentality and would probably try to blast them out of the sky.

Yet they supposedly have no problem cruising around military installations or buzz military aircraft.

Another reason is that as much as we like admitting that we're "ready" for contact, I think a lot of us will still be extremely fearful upon seeing seeing them because we have been conditioned by Hollywood and the media into thinking they're evil monsters who want to take over the planet (well this is partially true with some e.t. races). We like to think we're tough-skinned and could face them but I guarantee you that for some people, they'd have the same knee-jerk fear reaction as if they saw a giant spider crawling up their leg, which is also due to conditioning/learning.

Also they think we may not be ready for visitations but will show themselves in plain view, pretty much announcing themselves. I think it is either unknown natural phenomenon, military aircraft or mistaken identity. ALthough as one poster said..if they do exist maybe they are afraid of our germs but then again an advanced species would surely have the technology to protect themselves adequetly against them.

[edit on 14-7-2009 by kerazeesicko]

Uh, well, you've discounted the possibility that those "ufos" flying above military installations are homegrown, back-engineered craft. There's been several cases where we've heard about the military shooting down UFOs, like in the case of "battle of l.a.." in 1942 and in the sts-48 footage. I don't doubt there has been other attempts "under the table" so to speak.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   
simple.

Because they do not consider us intelligent life.

seriously if you were a scout from an alien race, able to cross the distances of the galaxy. and you came across a planet where the smartest creatures aren't very smart at all (in general) would you classify them as

a. intelligent creatures, our peers. make immediate contact and give them a chair at our next high council meeting!

b. developing smart creatures who are not quite intelligent yet, but may be one day in the distant future. Keep an eye on them. they can be real allies one day and good cosmological commrades.

c. developing smart creatures with a propensity for self destruction and will likely not make it very far in the game of galactic life. watch them cause these are the types of idiots who will end up blowing themselves up and us with them. (sorta like why we watch very closely when the chimp grabs a loaded gun and starts bouncing around it's cage with it.)

d. Holy crap these people are straight up yokles with no hope of being anything more than the disfunctional half baked creatures that they are. forget em. the only thing this place is good for is strip mining and exploitation. (And would you blame them if that what they really think of us?)

So I'd say they have very good reason to not directly contact us in any way more significant than the way we contact lesser creatures (such as medical style abductions)

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   
i think they cant pass the moon as well as we can go to the moon but we cant go beyond because of an ancient energy barrier created by an old alien civilization. ufos are simply reconassaince probes.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by hermantinkly

if you were winning all the time at poker, would you reveal your secret?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join