It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Don't They Just Land?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
After years of research into aliens and UFO's and thinking I'm quite clued up, my friend really had me lost for words the other day.

I was trying to tell him about aliens as he's quite a skeptic to them and just thinks that UFO's are military made (fair assumption). I was saying about how they must be aliens etc and he just stopped me in my tracks by saying "Well why don't they just land and get out?"

I didn't really know what to say. I mean I dismissed it slightly but it's got me thinking, why don't they land and tell us what's going on? I mean they fly around in the sky blatantly in plain view for people to see on a regular basis. It's like they're kind of hiding but give us a sneak peak lol.

I personally don't understand but am sure there's a good reason. What are peoples theories on this?

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
They must have similar questions about us.
"Why don't they just fly?"
Of course they know why we don't fly, but you see the point I'm trying to make? It's not up to them to do anything, its up to us.

That's my take at least.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Because the TPTB still have a military, warlike mentality and would probably try to blast them out of the sky. Another reason is that as much as we like admitting that we're "ready" for contact, I think a lot of us will still be extremely fearful upon seeing seeing them because we have been conditioned by Hollywood and the media into thinking they're evil monsters who want to take over the planet (well this is partially true with some e.t. races). We like to think we're tough-skinned and could face them but I guarantee you that for some people, they'd have the same knee-jerk fear reaction as if they saw a giant spider crawling up their leg, which is also due to conditioning/learning.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
deadly earth bacterias?

European colonists killed countless native populations with their colds and diseases

why not same for ET's?

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
They are of the opinion that if we are worthy of acknowledging their existance then we already do know they exist.
IE you are psychologically intelligent enought you theorise that they most likely do exist then thats as far as that goes. If you are spiritually intelligent then then may contact you in inumerable ways and you dont just suspect their existance and origin, you know it. Either way they dont announce their existance with a ceremony or anything because we are not spiritually intelligent enough as a race. We are a threat to every alien race and a boon to them.
Futhermore they are on a differant frequency wavelength to us and so occupy differant timespace. We can only see them in altered states or environments.
Unfortunately though the real answers is like asking why doesant god just show up, he has better things to be doing.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Maybe its just as simple as "they don't need to."

Beam me up!

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Assuming *they* are even real,maybe they dont want to? maybe they think so differently from us we will never understand them? lots of maybe's.I personally think it's black projects and not aliens though,so who knows.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
@hermantinkly

I agree with this also, I personally would run a mile if I saw them land but I know many others would be able to stand it.

@warrenb

I thought about this also but surely if they're so advanced they would be able to avoid this?

I appreciate it's not simply as easy as "just landing" but surely they could do more than just fly around in the sky now and then lol.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

Maybe so, I was just putting the question out there though to see what people thought. I'm necessarily saying they should or have to land.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
They probablly did land just were the military were located @ and since they were their first encounteres thats the standard they follow for us humans, look for authority and pay civilians no mind.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
It's not a matter of when they land but rather a matter of when they land in full force and openly.

Nephilim and fallen angels guys not aliens. They do inhabit other planets but they are not what you think.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I had always wondered the same thing: Why don't they just land? However I take it a step further in trying to decide if all the alien "experts" are full of BS by asking the question "if there are so many different races of alien beings in the universe, and HAVE been visiting us. . some are at war against each other, some are good, some bad. . you are telling me that not ONE, at any time, has not broken free and tried to occupy us and show us themselves just to throw a wrench into the mix? Since modern times began, of course (egyptians, Sumarians aside)"

I just dont understand why this hasn't happened. A rogue race ruled by a evil leader says screw the rest of you, I'm taking over that planet. If all these supposed races do exsist, how do you explain that?

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Would you go into a park and lie down to talk to the insects?

Just saying...

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Scope and a Beam

"Why Don't They Just Land?"

WHY DON'T YOU INVITE THEM?

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Scope and a Beam

The same reason we don't go up to the chimpanzees and say "what up, can I hang with ya'll?"

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
They land and get out every single day of the week.

That's what secret alien bases are for.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by rogerstigers
Would you go into a park and lie down to talk to the insects?

Just saying...

If I knew that I could simply use the insects to benefit a takeover of a planet, yes.

Just saying. . .

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by amongus

Exactly, if I knew insects could talk and had a intelligent society I'd get down and have a chat.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scope and a Beam
I was saying about how they must be aliens etc and he just stopped me in my tracks by saying "Well why don't they just land and get out?"

I didn't really know what to say. I mean I dismissed it slightly but it's got me thinking, why don't they land and tell us what's going on?

I personally don't understand but am sure there's a good reason. What are peoples theories on this?

I'm going with Majestic 23 here, tell him this and if this doesn't convince him, nothing will:

Originally posted by Majestic23
They are of the opinion that if we are worthy of acknowledging their existance then we already do know they exist.
IE you are psychologically intelligent enought you theorise that they most likely do exist then thats as far as that goes. If you are spiritually intelligent then then may contact you in inumerable ways and you dont just suspect their existance and origin, you know it. Either way they dont announce their existance with a ceremony or anything because we are not spiritually intelligent enough as a race. We are a threat to every alien race and a boon to them.
Futhermore they are on a differant frequency wavelength to us and so occupy differant timespace. We can only see them in altered states or environments.
Unfortunately though the real answers is like asking why doesant god just show up, he has better things to be doing.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by hermantinkly
Because the TPTB still have a military, warlike mentality and would probably try to blast them out of the sky.

Yet they supposedly have no problem cruising around military installations or buzz military aircraft.

Another reason is that as much as we like admitting that we're "ready" for contact, I think a lot of us will still be extremely fearful upon seeing seeing them because we have been conditioned by Hollywood and the media into thinking they're evil monsters who want to take over the planet (well this is partially true with some e.t. races). We like to think we're tough-skinned and could face them but I guarantee you that for some people, they'd have the same knee-jerk fear reaction as if they saw a giant spider crawling up their leg, which is also due to conditioning/learning.

Also they think we may not be ready for visitations but will show themselves in plain view, pretty much announcing themselves. I think it is either unknown natural phenomenon, military aircraft or mistaken identity. ALthough as one poster said..if they do exist maybe they are afraid of our germs but then again an advanced species would surely have the technology to protect themselves adequetly against them.

[edit on 14-7-2009 by kerazeesicko]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join