It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al-Qaeda vows revenge on China after riots

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Al-Qaeda vows revenge on China after riots

www.timesonline.co.uk

Osama bin Laden’s Al-Qaeda network has taken up the cause of China’s Muslim Uighur minority with a pledge to attack Chinese workers in northwestern Africa in retaliation for mistreatment by Beijing of its largest Muslim minority.

Al-Qaeda's Algerian-based offshoot, al-Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb (AQIM), has issued the call for vengeance, according to the South China Morning Post, which quoted an intelligence report from the London-based risk analysis firm Stirling Assynt.

It would be the first time that bin Laden’s organisation has threatened China or its interests — underlying
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
www.timesonline.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit: link says error... so here's more links www.google.co.uk... eta=&btnG=Google+Search

[edit on 14-7-2009 by john124]

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Oh this would be an interesting turn of events, a bunch of crazed suicide morons taking on the largest military force on the face of the planet.

I guess this was expected as its the only way to provoke such a nation like this. If people thought the U.S. was evil, wait until this nation cranks into overdrive.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by tristar

Yep... now THAT is a showdown... I'm happy they have someone else to be pissed at for a while.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Guess now it is China's turn to jump in on the War on Terror and get their piece of the pie.

Don't you guys find it strange that a bunch of cave dwellers could create so much havoc for some of the mightiest countries in the world?

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
This wont go well for them. Unlike us, china will hunt down and kill their whole family's for messing with them and has no problem dipping its bullets in pigs blood.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by whoshotJR
This wont go well for them. Unlike us, china will hunt down and kill their whole family's for messing with them and has no problem dipping its bullets in pigs blood.

That will be the difference. People think the U.S military is so brutal, just wait till the terrorists go up against a nation with little or no care for human rights and collateral damage.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by whoshotJR

Then I guess recruits for Al Queda's cause will expand exponentially. The cycle of bloodshed spreads because compromise is not an option for any side.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I dont know. I have a hard time seeing china really going after Al-qaeda the way we have. Not saying that their military is not perfectly capable. I agree it would definintly be a good thing and worth seeing....but still, I dont see china making that kind of comitment to go after them.
I could be wrong. I am not basing my opinion on any indepth knowledge of china's ideology towards a situation like this.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
Guess now it is China's turn to jump in on the War on Terror and get their piece of the pie.

Don't you guys find it strange that a bunch of cave dwellers could create so much havoc for some of the mightiest countries in the world?

Not at all.. the bigger you are, the harder it is to manage and the harder your fall will sound to others around.

It's kinda like a conservation law to be honest.

And historically it's how it happens. It happened to Rome, it happened to Troy and those civilizations before Rome... It just happens...

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Try to destabilise China and you will regret it big time...but i think these are empty threats,im pretty sure China doesn't care much what Al-Qaeda(whoever that may be) says.And like i said i think these threats are baseless.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Dipping bullets in pig's blood? Do you really think Muslims would care about that? They don't and it makes no difference to God if you dip your bullets in pig's blood. That is honestly one of the most ignorant things I have seen posted here.

If you feed a Muslim pork and tell him it's beef, he eats it no problem. No sin, no going to hell, it would be a waste of your time. In their view God will not think any less of them for it. Where does this tripe come from?

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

I agree

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
What people are overlooking is that what if, an attack is held in central downtown China, then we all here words from diplomats being exchanged then several months down the track the E.U. U.S. and China all agree to bulldoze those who are sympathetic to these ideas.

Lets face it, who would be willing to go up against such a force of wealth and power, oh lets not forget how Russia will always back such events as to keep them away from their interests. Could this be the beginning of the New Age.

All super powers combined to alter global politics and monitoring the population of potential threats. We all are at a crossroad of choices, lets hope we choose wisely.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by damwel

You are kinda right but mostly wrong. Most of the main stream muslims do not believe this. Its the hardcore muslim extremists, that BELIEVE , eating or touching a pig, its meat, its blood, etc., is to be instantly barred from paradise and doomed to hell. I have witnessed this fear first hand.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I do not think chinese soldiers would go through the trouble of doing this

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by tristar

I agree it is the beginning of a new age and it started almost 8yrs ago.
I do not think the state of al-qaeda has the resources at the present to hit china in its core. I know it only takes one man to cause some damage, but the leaders that fund and train are in not a very good position at the present to be planning any significant hits in chinas main land. the article quoted binladin saying hitting a few workers in africa, a much easier target.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Sweet! Let China deal with the extremists for a while. Let the Chinese have Iraq and Afghanistan, and bring all of our troops. Thanks guys!

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I find this strange.

Al Qaida has always made me feel suspicous of their true motives, who are they really? Is it all as it seems, why are they interested in "helping" muslims? When they have killed innocent muslims many times?

If they try to "help", they KNOW they are going to cause a LOT more trouble and pain.

So what REALLY are their motives?

Not to help, that's for sure!
Let's look at the bigger picture.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
This is a very interesting update in the War on Terror. However, I don't think Al Quaeda has put much thought into this stance. The Chinese will slaughter them where ever they hide. They are savages when they need to be. Plus as someone else already stated, they have one of the largest armies in the world. Last I checked, their human rights records were pretty atrocious as well.

This is not a smart move by the terrorists. They are poking the stick at the wrong dog because there is no such thing Political Correctness in China. If by chance any of them are captured and sent back to China they are going to be in a world of hurt.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join