It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Russian Leaders Snub Obama?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   
www.breitbart.tv...

[edit on 14-7-2009 by Jnewell33]

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Wow this sure looks like Putin made sure no one would be hanging all over the President. What do you guys think...was it a snub for political reasons or do you guys think these people were genuinely afraid to shake a black man's hand? Maybe I am reading a little to much into this but I feel when leaders of other countries snub my President, they are in fact snubbing myself and my fellow country(wo)men. I may not agree with my President all the time but I hold partial to him representing all the best thing about America, and it pisses me off to see this.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Hrmm, yea they snubed him bad, real bad.

I think it is because they don't respect him. He doesn't hide his intentions very well. I don't know, disrespectful sure, but we don't know what kind of correspondence they Obama and them had up to this. Obama could have said something that caused some bad blood.

If I had to put my finger on it I think it was when he made the comment about them still being in the Cold War mentality.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
This was all for show....If Putin and Medvedev had welcomed him with open arms, it wouldn't match their rhetoric...they want things from us, we want things from them...better to start out chilly and end up warm than vice-versa.

And to further cement the we ain't friends yet attitude...Putin sent Bush Jr. a telegram right before talks with Obama to wish him happy birthday.

www.redorbit.com...

Obama is going to have to work this relationship to get anywhere...Putin/Medvedev are not going to give him a free pass just because the world is enamored with him at the moment, and I don't blame them.

I'm no great fan Putin/Medvedev but I think they took the right track.

edit to correct means of communication between Putin and Bush Jr.

[edit on 14-7-2009 by deadbang]

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Who here did not see this coming?

I cant wait until Ahmadinejad gives BO a noogie, and Jong Il gives him an atomic wedgie....

The MSM will spin it all into glowing admiration for "The One" and we distracted yankees will keep drinking the Kool-Aid.

See how that works?

From Moonbattery:

Comrade Obama may be steering us directly toward economic catastrophe, but at least the whole world loves and respects us as promised, right?

Wrong.

Strength gets respect.

Liberal sniveling about how sorry you are on behalf of your country gets you the equivalent of a pie in the face.

Unfortunately, the pie is going in our faces too.

Imagine this happening when Reagan was around.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Looks like he's introducing the guy behind him to these men, does look like

a handshake but I think it's the angle. He seems to be pointing more

toward each man so the guy behind him can shake their hands. No snub

here.

[edit on 14-7-2009 by NoJoker13]

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by NoJoker13

Except the guy behind him is Medeve(sp?).

Why would Obama be introducing the president of Russia to the president of Russia's own advisers?

This was clearly a snub. You didn't see the guy complete reach behind Obama to shake Medeve's(sp?) hand?

As a poster up above posted. Going around the world on apology tours gets you little respect. These people are eating Obama alive.

He has no backbone, and they see right through it and this is what happens when other world leaders think you are weak.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I think as was pointed out it was a totally orchestrated event. For fear of what would be seen as kissing up the the 'American Saviour' of the world. I believe that when Obama made the "foot stuck in the cold war" remark about Putin, he was trying to pressure Russia into backing off their goals making their country the best it can be for it's citizens as opposed to putting the citizens of the world before the citizens of his country. Looked pretty bad in my opinion though.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Jnewell33

As much as I don't like the guy and his policies, he didn't deserve to be snubed. I too feel that it was orchestrated, but Obama went popping off at the mouth and he had to learn the hard way that America doesn't have the clout it once had.

Not to mention this is a key indicator that the rest of the world leaders see him as weak, and there is no doubt more of this to come. Maybe Obama can mend the fences, but I don't feel that his admin has the ability to pull it off.

Such is life.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Hastobemoretolife

I agree with your assessment. Just as the Chinese college students laughed at Treasury Sec. Tim Geitner, they were also laughing at the policies and ideological heading the current administration(and also the last 5) have been steering this country. Just as the American people don't understand how the President says the stimulus is working how they predicted, the rest of the world is feeling the economic shockwaves being sent out for everyday the world economy fails to recover. Maybe they were just pissed he is trivializing the use of the word czar, lol.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Hastobemoretolife

Now thats exactly my point how sure are we that these are Russian advisors that are getting their hands shoke, it seems like it could just as easily be other people. Obama also seems to mouth the names of each man that is shaking hands with the russian president. Why would Obama be presenting Russian diplomats to the Russian president that doesn't make any sense.

I'm not saying I'm right, I'm just saying there isn't enough info in the clip to sustain an actual 100% conclusion. And you can clearly see Obama saying the name of each man who shakes hands. I'll admit the first one clearly looks like a snub but from such a short clip I can't be so sure.

[edit on 14-7-2009 by NoJoker13]

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by NoJoker13

I'll bet he was just saying "nice to meet you" or something along those lines in Russian. Not saying you are wrong but unless these guys are in direct negotiations with the President, I am not sure if he would take the time to look at pictures and learn these guys' names before he met them. Just a thought but you are dead on about the Russians putting anyone they want in there for whatever reason they deem. Your thought reminds me of the apparent picture of Putin gdb.rferl.org... Reagan.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I do not think that Russian federation can afford to have its diplomats snubbing US president. Otherwise it is incredibly stupid and arrogant. It must be something else.
Actually it is probably members of US delegation being presented to Medvedev by Obama.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroKnowledge

That is exactly what I said in my previous posts. It doesn't make any sense for the Russian president to be introduced to his own diplomats, these men look more like people from the UN or something that Obama has already greeted, I stated that it looks like Obama says the name of each person as well.

top topics

join