It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian soldiers abusing newcomers (WARNING - very brutal)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bearack

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

Originally posted by Zosynspiracy
Harden your body? WTF! This is the 21st century. Soldiers have body armor and assault rifles. Obviously you nor the Russians know ANYTHING about modern combat.

Is that supposed to be a joke or something? Like I posted on this site before, it is this type of ignorance that dominates the American military philosophy. You keep believing that wars are fought by guns and armour, and the rest of the world will believe that wars are won by spirit and honour.

No wonder the "supreme" American army is deadlocked with ragtag insurgencies.

ROFL......Um, Russia (or, the USSR ATT) had their butts handed to them by the Mujahideen and are still getting their ass handed to them by the Chechens. They even took quite a ponding from a tiny army in Georgia. If the numbers would have been equal and not a 100 to 1 ratio, I honeslty think the Georgians would have handed Russia their butts to them as well.

The same mujahadeen trained and supplied and funded by the CIA? Yeah, kinda odd you left that part out.

The same mujahadeen in Afghanistan is now taking on America with the same weapons and training the CIA gave them..only difference is they do not have a super power providing them with the funding and training and weapons this time. And they are STILL putting up a fight, with the US unable to do much except bomb weddings and coalition forces.

If you actually think Gerogia inflicted mass casaulties or damage to the Russian military during that brief war, you seriously need to expand your reading material beyond western propaganda pieces. You know, so you get a little more perspective on the whole situation.

The Russians were on the verge of capturing Tiblisi the capital, and the rest of Georgia. That would have severely jeopardised oil/gas shipments via western pipelines that run through Georgia. Notice how Russia did not advance that far south. Wonder why? Because it would have dragged the US in, not for Georgia, but for US interests(ie oil/gas supplies).
The Russians did not want WW3..they are not insane. Neither does the US.

Georgia got spanked, hard. It poked the bear by bombing it's UN mandated peace keepers in the breakaway regions, the bear stood up and ripped some limbs off, stopping short of a death blow.

I'm sure if we let Russian/eastern media scrutinize our side as much as our media scrutinizes them, they too would have all sorts of wonderful tales to tell.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Amen to that. Russia does what it can to defend itself and the rest of the world rags on them because they have nothing better to do. At least there's a few people in the western hemisphere that know who the real superpowers are.

In every war Russia has ever been in, they've only gave up because they seem to make that choice as opposed to dragging on a battle already lost. That's how wars should be fought; as scraps to show supremacy and not battles of attrition where everyone loses.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Amen to that. Russia does what it can to defend itself and the rest of the world rags on them because they have nothing better to do.

It is mostly Western Europe and US who take joy and pride in trying to undermine the strength and history or the Russian armed forces, whether due to narcissist attitudes or simple ignorance. Why? I guess it is a side effect of the end of the Cold War, which Americans consider themselves to have "won". What is the joy in "winning" the Cold War if you can't point at your opponent and laugh about him. Never mind the facts and the history - chest beating and name calling is the preferred method of proving a point. The Western media is not much better either.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I seen that video many years ago on night-line or something. I'm sure much of that has been rooted out.

If that happened in the U.S. the offenders would be taken straight to the brig and then dishonorably discharged no matter if it were a four star general doing the kicking.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sky watcher
If that happened in the U.S. the offenders would be taken straight to the brig and then dishonorably discharged no matter if it were a four star general doing the kicking.

Do you really know what is going on in the barracks of US armed forces every day? Do the commanding officers or the civilians know every single detail that takes places in soldiers' day to day lives, especially if stationed in a war zone.

I am sure the perpetrators will be punished if there is proof of their actions, like the events in Abu Ghraib. But what about the incidents which are never caught on camera - whether it is hazing, abuse, or torture. The US armed forces were embroiled in their own scandal over the past decades - regarding sexual abuse of female soldiers for instance.

And actually there have been Russian officers and other servicemen punished and convincted for stuff like hazing before - mostly if there is proof or footage of the incident.

So the fact is - when a bunch of grown men with weapons and few ways to relieve their stress are confined together under less than comfortable conditions for extended periods of time - there will be some sort of problems. I am sure all armed forces in the world experience similar things to some extent.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by maloy

Amen to that. Russia does what it can to defend itself and the rest of the world rags on them because they have nothing better to do.

It is mostly Western Europe and US who take joy and pride in trying to undermine the strength and history or the Russian armed forces, whether due to narcissist attitudes or simple ignorance. Why? I guess it is a side effect of the end of the Cold War, which Americans consider themselves to have "won". What is the joy in "winning" the Cold War if you can't point at your opponent and laugh about him. Never mind the facts and the history - chest beating and name calling is the preferred method of proving a point. The Western media is not much better either.

Let me clarify something. I never really meant to indicate that Russia isn't a good or even great military, but historically, they've had a totally different mentallity of how to conduct military operations from the Western military mentallity. Russia has a strange but strong military history.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
They have an effective military. Function over flash is the best way to achieve military victory, which brings us back to the point of the beatings. It may not be politically correct, but it serves its purpose. I know first hand the effect of what a good beating can do to you and the discipline that it brings.

My philosophy on survival is that if you experience something horrible or painful, then the next time it happens it would be a bearable or even exciting experience. The worse the training can be on your body, the better soldier you'll become; CONSIDERING your mind and your soul is into it. If you truely dedicate yourself to nationalism, then you should be able to take a couple smacks for the motherland with a smile on your face.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
there training fighters

what should they be doing??

rite lads its training time tie your feet in these straps take ur boots and socks off ive got a feather duster time for the tickleing session

they didnt beat people while there down or give them a good kicking come on people there going to be going to war after this

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by FIFIGI

This is ancient video. It's Russian paratroopers, not spetznatz. More than a few of them have died from injuries they recieved during such "training". It is conditioning, just not physical. The purposes of this is to instill the idea that their superior officers will not hesitate to kill their own men should they fail to follow orders. The other reason is to desensitize them to the pain of others. The thread title makes it sound as if immigrants to Russia are the ones being abused.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
As I've read on the internet this is a common problem in the Russian military. The new recruits get beatings from the older soldiers, Them using the excuse of "it helps with discipline" Fortunately the goverment have taken actions to reduce the amount of incidents.

I know that if this was happening in the British military the perpetrators would be thoroughly beasted (Show parade the works) Thrown out or thrown in prison, NO one gets second chances. Back in the ol ' day's things like this where rampant but with all the new human rights around today you cant pick up a rifle without filling in a risk assesment.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 01:23 AM
link   
There's a difference between casual soldiers and elite soldiers. Elite soldiers are willing to do anything for their country, including taking a simple beating.

One day I will be in Canadian special forces for the most part because I will do anything for my country. I've taken a lighter to my hand for 20secs just to show patriotism, I laughed the entire time and I was NOT the one who pussied out first. It took around two months to seal up and it'll be a large scar on my hand until I die. Do I regret it? Hell no, and I'll gladly do it again or worse if my country requires me to do so. That is the mindset of a devoted soldier.

Though I was drunk and stoned at the time, but that's Canadian patriotism too

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join