It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian soldiers abusing newcomers (WARNING - very brutal)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

I mean to say 5'
LOL.

Those "soldiers" look like kids. All those fancy kicks? HAHA!
www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Zosynspiracy

You watch too many movies. Hand to hand close quarters still exists.. lol i love that statement tho.. "pfft dont bother toughening them up comrade, just give em some body armor and the Kalashnikov and the mother land will be safe".

SO naive.

[edit on 14-7-2009 by Retikx]

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Retikx

You watch too many movies. Hand to hand close quarters still exists.. lol i love that statement tho.. "pfft dont bother toughening them up comrade, just give em some body armor and the Kalashnikov and the mother land will be safe".

SO naive.

I never said close quarters combat doesn't exist. But it's not nearly as important as it was in WWII or even the Vietnam war. But to your point smart arse.............the US trains its soldiers MUCH different for hand to hand combat............what you see in that video is worthless and a bunch of stupid kids beating up other stupid kids. You think US Marines go around practicing kung fu kicks on each other? LOL. WOW! I'm naive? Plus if anyone goes hand to hand chances are a knife or some other object would be used.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zosynspiracy
reply to post by _Phoenix_

I mean to say 5'
LOL.

Those "soldiers" look like kids. All those fancy kicks? HAHA!
www.youtube.com...

Oh lol.

But even so, knowing how to use a gun should be a priority right? I doubt they will have that many hand to hand combats in a war zone.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Really? You don't think marines do this kind of stuff to each other!? haaaahaahaha ho ho heee hahahaha. You need to make some friends from the core. They will tell you different.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Retikx

www.youtube.com...
www.veearnisjitsu.com
www.defenseinstitue.com

Umm I know how to fight and I know self defense. What you see in those videos is bunk. It's silly. I've trained in martial arts for a long time and have trained under the guy in the video (David James). I've trained with the Marines and Special Forces based out of Colorado Springs, CO. They come to a local school where I trained because what they learn is not very realistic compared to what we were teaching in our school. The "Corps" focuses a lot on ground fighting and grappling which is not the most realistic scenario in a real live combat self defense scenario. You're not going to roll around on the ground with your enemy, especially in an urban enviroment. BJJ is pretty ineffective in a self defense situation. It's a fighting art not a self defense system. There's a difference.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Whaaatever you say man. You go ahead and rely solely on theory and adrenaline.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Retikx

SO naive.

I never said close quarters combat doesn't exist. But it's not nearly as important as it was in WWII or even the Vietnam war. But to your point smart arse.............the US trains its soldiers MUCH different for hand to hand combat............what you see in that video is worthless and a bunch of stupid kids beating up other stupid kids. You think US Marines go around practicing kung fu kicks on each other? LOL. WOW! I'm naive? Plus if anyone goes hand to hand chances are a knife or some other object would be used.

The US military uses Jujitsu.

The reason we use this form of martial arts is because for the most part its nothing but submissions and that makes it less lethal then others.

And yes we practice kicks, submissions, chokes and other strikes on each other. I have been in units where every other day we practiced jujitsu.

We had a game in the barracks where we would sneak up on each other and grab someone in a submission or choke. The game went on until there was only one left. If you got caught we had bandanas we tied around our arm while in the baracks. That would let others know you were out.

We used to beat the hell out of each other trying to get a submission hold.

[edit on 14-7-2009 by jd140]

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Who cares? Are they forced to be there? They signed up for that....

If they don't like it.....They can quit.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by jd140

Jiujitsu is an art and a submission art at that. It's not a self defense system. Most people who teach it do not teach it in a way that it's effective. You're not going to try to put a choke on someone that is twice your size or if you have to take on two opponents at once. Those are real life self defense situations that I'm talking about. Why do you think there are weight classes in UFC? There are no weight classes in real life. Some takes you to the ground and tries to put a lock on you, hammer them in their groin, gouge their eyes, bite the crap out of their leg/arm etc. Most martial arts don't teach you how to defend yourself, only how to fight.

If you think this is realistic you're crazy!
www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
AHH, dyedovshina. I have a friend of mine who was in the Russian army for 2 years, and is in my unit now in the American army. He told me about this. Since they have no rank structure for the enlisted, it pretty much goes by who has been in longer. its an old tradition. Not a good one at all, yet, it's not really something that is limited to the army. It is a cultural thing that goes into it. It is also in part due to the lack of laws in their military.

In reality, it is just like every other army was, including our own for a while over a couple hundred years ago, and still common in other mandatory armies. Another part of this is that it is mandatory that you do 2 years in the military there. So, a lot of those kids are people that in a volunteer army wouldn't be allowed to get into.

And Rahm Emanuel wants to have Mandatory service in our military. probably see dyedovshina here some day.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
IMO - What you’ve accomplished in this thread is nothing but perpetuating the *toughening up* of the ATS viewers in a way very similar to the way the people on the video *toughened up* their victims.

[edit on 14-7-2009 by silo13]

Thanks - you are right.

Look at my signature - I am apprentice.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   

reply to post by jd140

Jiujitsu is an art and a submission art at that. It's not a self defense system. Most people who teach it do not teach it in a way that it's effective. You're not going to try to put a choke on someone that is twice your size or if you have to take on two opponents at once. Those are real life self defense situations that I'm talking about. Why do you think there are weight classes in UFC? There are no weight classes in real life. Some takes you to the ground and tries to put a lock on you, hammer them in their groin, gouge their eyes, bite the crap out of their leg/arm etc. Most martial arts don't teach you how to defend yourself, only how to fight.

If you think this is realistic you're crazy!
www.youtube.com...

UFC has weight divisions because Dana White took over. Try watching the UFC when Royce Gracie was the king of the octagon.

No weight categories, no rules, no rounds or time limit.

Royce Gracie weighing a around 170-180 was soundly beating bigger stronger fighters. Some of them had over a hundred pounds on him.

I really don't care how good you are at whatever it is you do. You're not going to impress me with how well you think you can fight. It has been my expieriance that the more somebody talks themselves up the bigger the lie. I personelly think you watch to much UFC shows on spike tv.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Well im active duty military right now, and I can tell you 100% that that crap has never happened to me....we would be brawling.

They do train us in hand to hand combat, but it is much more of a defensive art than offensive. I believe that what I have been taught is a mix between akido and BJJ.

No combat rolls for us either!

[edit on 15-7-2009 by PokeyJoe]

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by jd140

Exactly! The Gracies invented the UFC to show that they could beat anyone, any size using their brand of BJJ. Gracie used to win every tournament against guys much much bigger than him. Technique can overcome size and strength every time. Now a guy with size and strength, with technique is hard to beat, i.e. Brock Lesnar.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Harden your body? WTF! This is the 21st century. Soldiers have body armor and assault rifles. Obviously you nor the Russians know ANYTHING about modern combat.

Is that supposed to be a joke or something? Like I posted on this site before, it is this type of ignorance that dominates the American military philosophy. You keep believing that wars are fought by guns and armour, and the rest of the world will believe that wars are won by spirit and honour.

No wonder the "supreme" American army is deadlocked with ragtag insurgencies.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Does it seem like Russians are willing to " go there" when attempting to find new things out with disregard to human life.

Where as we may be over cautious and might not try things because of risk, they try anything no matter the risk..

Maybe that is why we may not know what they have accomplished because we aren't willing to risk human lives to find out and they...........obviously are.( even though non die)

Also ^ referencing the early space cosmonaughts and the un-reported many deaths.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Wow. That was lovely.

Those boys are obviously new recruits. Nothing brutal is being done to them at all. They are learning discipline and they are learning to take a blow, to deal with pain, to understand it and work through it. It's not so much about strengthening the body as it is about strengthening the mind. If you don't know what it feels like to be beat down you'll never know if you can take it in combat, should it happen for some reason. You'll be a liability to those you fight with.

This is easy stuff they're throwing at those boys. Beginner stuff that will build them up instead of break them. They'll know what to expect from being hurt and they'll know what to expect when they dish that out on to an enemy.

Like I said, it's nothing brutal. It's essential. I've done that sort of training myself, for years. Taken it, learned from it and trained people to take it and use it to their advantage. It's very good training. Nice to know the Russians are still about common sense and building tough soldiers.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

You Russians can keep beating the crap out of your young recruits while our soldiers actually do something constructive. I'd love for you to ask the average soldier in Afghanistan or Iraq when the last time they were ever in a hand to hand combat situation that didn't involve a weapon? LOL. You're clueless dude! I never said hand to hand combat was useless but when you can call in air support chances of getting close enough to the enemy to throw a punch is pretty rare.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join