It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

War of the World Truth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Remember that incident that happened on that Halloween night when the whole nation went a muck because they thought they were being invaded by aliens? That really wasn't fully a Halloween prank. I don't know how I know this but the government used that to see how people would react to the aliens coming and all that. When they saw that the people reacted in a negative way, they decided to keep the alien thing on the down low. that is why they have been lying to us all these years so we don't think it's the end of the world and start destroying stuff.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Android X

Call me a fool but I think people reacted badly because they thought Earth was being invaded and they were all about to die. That's a far cry from a peaceful visit.

There's no merit in it to infer anything about contact itself. If the ETs actually were to decide to invade, government policy is moot.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 07:33 AM
link   
this "prank" was the base of the creation of the Brookings Report, and it's because of that report that we humans still don't have disclosure of alien presence / activities in our planet.

From the Brookings Report

"Evidences of its existence (extraterrestrial life) might also be found in artifacts left on the moon or other planets. The consequences for attitudes and values are unpredictable, but would vary profoundly in different cultures and between groups within complex societies; a crucial factor would be the nature of the communication between us and the other beings. Whether or not earth would be inspired to an all-out space effort by such a discovery is moot: societies sure of their own place in the universe have disintegrated when confronted by a superior society, and others have survived even though changed. Clearly, the better we can come to understand the factors involved in responding to such crises the better prepared we may be."

[edit on 14-7-2009 by Picollo30]

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Picollo30

Society itself changes every generation. Our generation are used to the idea, a lot of religous beliefs would be effected but other than that I think we would find that people wouldn't really be that bothered. Curious to start with but mainlly okay about the whole thing.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I actually remember reading the message suposetly saying that the were going to come and show their faces (aliens). I remember bringing my camera to school jus so I can take pictures of it, but I didn't think they were going to invade. But yeah that was an awful prank to pull on the believers -__-

top topics

join