It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cats 'exploit' humans by purring

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Hello guys,

Find this quite interesting, whats everyones take on it?

Cat owners may have suspected as much, but it seems our feline friends have found a way to manipulate us humans.

Link

So it seems that our feline friends are actually taking advantage of our psychology by crying at a similiar frequency as human babies?

Strange but true!

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Ahh, I love kitties

It doesnt actually seem that suprising though, cats can be sneaky as hell!

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Cute, but if so, ..

then cats wouldn't also purr when injured (alone) or if around other cats (or dogs, or even elephants).

They do it to show 'I am comfortable or I am happy, I like you, My paw hurts, I have gas' etc lol

They merely enjoy the company of other living creatures. Unlike dogs they don't show it much, this is likely the only way they know how.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Death_Kron

You should see this one !!

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Cat Parasite Affects Everything We Feel and Do

The parasite, Toxoplasma gondii, has been transmitted indirectly from cats to roughly half the people on the planet, and it has been shown to affect human personalities in different ways.

Research has shown that women who are infected with the parasite tend to be warm, outgoing and attentive to others, while infected men tend to be less intelligent and probably a bit boring. But both men and women who are infected are more prone to feeling guilty and insecure.

Other researchers have linked the parasite to schizophrenia. In an adult, the symptoms are like a mild form of flu, but it can be much more serious in an infant or fetus. Oxford University researchers believe high levels of the parasite leads to hyperactivity and lower IQs in children.

a.abcnews.com...
www.eurekalert.org...

This has everything to do with parasites being in control, not some cute ball of fur. Probably why most humans are suckers for cats. Parasites rule the world.

[edit on 14-7-2009 by kindred]

[edit on 14-7-2009 by kindred]

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by kindred

Wow, Evil alien cats are taking over with parasites that is used as recievers from the telepathic master minds of the cats...

Just being sacrcastic ..

But nice to know !!

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Death_Kron

Yes its true, its in their nature to get what they want as well as being very good at it, though with gentle assertive training you show them who is boss.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 07:44 AM
link   
That is why I feed my cats in the evening.

And someone said they are dumb animals.

But the article may not be correct, as funny as it is, it could be that humans are attracted to cats for those same personality traits, and adopted them as pets.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by ChemBreather

Simon's cat is the funniest thing ever.
2dn line

Now I have a cat(who looks just like the tux in the vid) who has a very strange behavior. She growls and runs anytime you come near her when she is near her food. Even if you are just trying to fill the bowl, if you come near her, she hisses and runs away.

cats....

[edit on 14-7-2009 by nixie_nox]

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   
This is why I love cats

More intelligent, dependant and cunning than dogs!

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I totally agree with this, cats are insistent pains in the ass. I love em, but they will insist until somebody does something for them.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
That's normal behaviour for cats. They are very possessive when it comes to eating, but aren't we all.

Crazy cats

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Cats want you to follow them, dogs follow you. I have both.
I have one cat that grew up with dogs, and she acts like a dog, not a cat,lol

She runs in the dog pack when my dogs are chasing or barking. She will run along and growl while they bark.

My cats do not purr to get anything though, they annoy me with meows.

They are smart though. Here is a video of my Siamese Cat Zarra who can count:

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by kindred

The two cats 35 seconds in are amazing, cant stop laughing

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by kindred

This is why I LOVE cats!! I had three cats and boy do I miss them. They were so loving and very entertaining! This video was great!
My one cat Jasmine would play fetch with pennies and straws. I think she thought she was a dog!

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
PARASITES!? To hell with the Reptillian agenda! We have proof of a feline agenda!

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Man if I had a penny for every time my cat "talked" at me I'd be rich! Are the aliens invading? Timmy fall down the well? Oh your hungry my bad.
I found the idea cat's use their meows like they do funny. Smarter than I gave em credit for.

www.gnn.com...

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Cats are magnificent animals and ahead of dogs by leaps and bounds. I have had cats since I was a baby and they do things that amaze me everyday. Their intelligence and agility amazes me. They can make their bodies do some amazing things and the video is a prime example of that. Plus you have to earn their companionship because if they don't like you they will just ignore you or run away.

Once you earn their trust and loyalty it feels like a great accomplishment. Nothing against dogs, because I have had them too; but I find dogs to be easier to win over than a cat. Plus if you work long hours they are an ideal pet because you don't have take them for walks and such. In regards to the purring I find the sound soothing and maybe it has psychological effects, who knows?

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
My comment on this topic can be summed up by one of my everchanging avatars:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3f9b379d43ea.jpg[/atsimg]

Great thread! And the videos!!! ROTFLMAO!!!

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by catalyst2466
Yes its true, its in their nature to get what they want as well as being very good at it, though with gentle assertive training you show them who is boss.

I don't know about that, ha. Have you ever had a Korat cat? I have two now, and they are very forceful in getting what they want, and there is no getting them to relent. They are capable of a wide range of sounds and behaviors to express themselves and communicate what they want. The only thing one can do to get them to stop something is to put them in their time-out cage for a while and hope they forget about whatever it was they were trying to get you to do for them. Korats are a handful, but they are a delight and very protective companions that will follow you everywhere and want to be part of everything you do. And they are darn smart too.

I uploaded three short audio recordings as one MP3 file of my alpha Korat and the weird sounds she made when being introduced to the latest Korat in my cat family. Play this while your cats around and see how they react.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join