It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would you leave Earth?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 03:59 AM
link   
If an advanced alien civilisation landed across the world and gave humans 10 days to change there ways, and after the 10 days the aliens selected the humans which they know are kind of heart and not violent and you were one they selected would you leave earth with them?

I got this idea after i watched "The day the earth stood still" Which the alien wanted humans to stop killing the planet and having wars, all the spheres started to collect all the worlds animals and wildlife and then proceeded to wipe all trace of humanity off the earth.

I would leave only if my family could come, i would not care if all the prisoners and corrupt politicians died.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 04:04 AM
link   
I would not care if family came or not honestly.

They will die sooner or later, I would rather have a glimpse of the future, then stay in the past, and know what was goin to happen either way.

I'd leave, seeing how this thread goes, I'll keep up with, since you are on my foe list, i'll be keeping up to see if I made a mistake or not...

Good movie, could've been much better IMHO.

Did you watch knowing?

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 04:08 AM
link   
If only science minded atheists were selected yes, otherwise na

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 04:38 AM
link   
I would leave if my family would come also. Wouldnt think twice about getting off this planet tbh.

Maybe id come back and see how earth is from time to time i dunno

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 05:08 AM
link   
I would leave - absolutely - the chance to know of things not even imagined. Yeah - I would be pushing to the front of the queue.

An alternate scenario would be if the aliens promised to wipe out the scum controlling the earth - reveal every secret - and give us a road map for managing our civilization, including government and law. In that case I would stay.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 05:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

If I thought there was a good chance the planet would be destroyed in the immediate future then yes, I would be willing to leave. The destruction of the planet would force me to leave, anyway. And I consider there is some advantage to retaining one's body as long as it is serviceable. If this planet is suddenly destroyed, there will be a lot of beings in a very confused condition. The habit when ones dies is to just find a new body and move on, but a destroyed planet would make that impossible.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 05:24 AM
link   
I don't need to leave Earth.

I AM not even here/there.

Science-minded freaks stay behind.
Religion-minded freaks remain remain in their company.

They need each other to survive. They have become unwitting co-dependants.

No illicit substances were harmed in the creation of this message.

[edit on 7/14/2009 by EnlightenUp]

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by contemplator
If only science minded atheists were selected yes, otherwise na

Same here, it's the only way we will evolve after all.

[edit on 14-7-2009 by tim1989]

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 05:29 AM
link   
I would go, but only on the proviso that Scarlet Johansen was selected as my breeding partner

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 05:30 AM
link   
I'd be on their ship before you can say little green men.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 05:31 AM
link   

If an advanced alien civilisation landed across the world and gave humans 10 days to change there ways, and after the 10 days the aliens selected the humans which they know are kind of heart and not violent and you were one they selected would you leave earth with them?

then proceeded to wipe all trace of humanity off the earth.

I would be extremely suspicious of the motives of any race which gave humanity an ultimatum demanding that we change. I would be equally suspcious of their selection of humans who were "kind of heart" and "not violent" if they themselves were intending to wipe humanity off the earth.

would you leave earth

Not likely. Not given the scenario you describe. The earth has always been kind to me. It's humans who've tended to give me problems. Running away from the earth wouldn't accomplish anything.

The destruction of the planet would force me to leave, anyway.

I feel sentimental about the earth. I wouldn't want her to die alone. And maybe those considering destroying her would be reluctant if I were still here.

I think I would stay.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 05:33 AM
link   
End of the world or not, I would definately go !

I would ask wether or not my girlfriend could come, cause she`d be the only one I would really, really miss.

But I think that even if she weren`t allowed to come I would still take the chance to explore and inhabit a new planet, hell yeah

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Too right would I, I'd be out of here like a shot.

Friends and family?
They'd understand why.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Only if my hubby and cats were going and then I'd only leave because I hate the thought of deserting them. Otherwise, I wouldn't choose to go to space for any money in the world, it scares the Hell out of me.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 06:40 AM
link   
I think if i did leave i would still feel kinda sad because it feels like your betraying humanity, i would still leave though as its my dream to see the galaxy and be in space

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 07:10 AM
link   
most certainly I would go! never felt I belonged here anyway

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 07:23 AM
link   
no doubt about it, ill go in a heartbeat...of course ill bring my family with me....but if its anything like the knowing, ill be left behind....

[edit on 14-7-2009 by whitemotel]

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

First of all, what would you eat on an alien planet?
How do you know they're not tricking you? I mean, first of all these are folks that you've only known for 10 days.
We're talking folks with advanced technology, like mind control. Why wouldn't they just enslave you?

Messing with the aliens is an all around bad idea. I mean, we're talking about something that has most folks saying "there's no such thing as aliens! You're crazy!" Anything that has that level of secrecy, is mighty suspicious.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08
I would not care if family came or not honestly.

They will die sooner or later, I would rather have a glimpse of the future, then stay in the past, and know what was goin to happen either way.

I'd leave, seeing how this thread goes, I'll keep up with, since you are on my foe list, i'll be keeping up to see if I made a mistake or not...

Good movie, could've been much better IMHO.

Did you watch knowing?

So, you guys would take a ride with someone who just killed billions of people? I would tell to **** off.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   
I would leave, but not without my family. Rather would die here with them then leave them to fend for themselves in the darkness.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join