It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kids fake UFO. Learn from this.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by tristar

Clearly that man is a hoaxster and should be sued for impersonating a checkout scanner...

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
they made a really cool video. Great effect.

unfortunately we have to be very sceptical of any youtube ufo video we see. It's just the way it is.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by jokei
reply to post by tristar

Clearly that man is a hoaxster and should be sued for impersonating a checkout scanner...

Okay, thanks for making me spill my coffee....

[edit on 14-7-2009 by tristar]

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Looked really fake, not convincing at all to someone that has seen hundreds of real UFO's with his own eye.

18 second..lol

This wasn't really worth posting.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by avat178
Personally i can't understand how people could be tricked into thinking it's a ufo when it's obviously a reflection off the window, bad acting included. I mean you could see the window frame at the beginning of the video.

A lot of people are simply moronic. They'll believe anything.

Anythingggg

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by jokei
I don't think this is really that insidious to UFOlogy, no more than sci-fi movies, the X-Files etc, it's just symptomatic of a wider public awareness of a possibility of the phenomena... people hoax/make fakes in many different fields, sadly that's human nature, but a couple of kids - so what? Good for them. This reminds me of the story of the kids paintings that fooled loads of art dealers, thinking they were "lost masterpieces" - can't find the story I'm thinking of but here's a similar link...

The purpose of watching a sci-fi ufo movie -- unless it's a documentary -- is to be entertained. I don't know very many people who went and paid 7.00 quid to go watch The X-Files at the theatres without consciously knowing it was pure fiction, made for entertainment purposes. In other words, people don't normally regard movie theatres as a serious outlet to conduct research. That was a horrible example to use.

Youtube on the other hand, is used as a serious outlet for UFO research because it's a site where normal, everyday people (not just movie directors) can upload their own perosnal creations/real life footage. It wouldn't have had any repercussions if the people who made the hoax video had stated it was fake in the intro or video description... but they didn't. They made it for the sole purpose of deception and uploaded to a site used as a serious outlet for research to mislead serious researchers & enthusiasts, and to add insult to injury it even managed to make a few rounds in the news. So naturally, when someone finds out that two kids hoaxed it, the automatic reaction is "if two little kids made it look so real, imagine what an adult with some extra time can accomplish!" This leads to increased skepticism (especially from the hardcore skeptics), increased criticism (from the media), and ultimately decreased interest by the general public. Meanwhile, people with genuine footage are detracted and ignored. Is that really what you want for UFOlogy? Would you not call that insiduous? I would.

Sure a fringe subject like UFOlogy should always be looked at with a moderate degree of skepticism, but umm... didn't we already know that? What dunce would believe something they see from an internet video without questioning it first? This should be common knowledge by now.

I think it's a shame that you live in the UK (as I do) and hold that view regarding this incident. The UK (mainland England) is one of the most active UFO hotspots in the world, and many people here have the potential to catch some fantastic footage. Infact, if you gave the heavens a little more attention sometime and managed to catch something you knew was genuine, i'm sure you'd feel differently mate.

[edit on 14-7-2009 by hermantinkly]

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by hermantinkly

I'm not gonna turn this into a tit-for-tat slagging match. We're just gonna have to agree to disagree. It was just a couple of kids mucking around... and until we get some real proof UFOlogy is gonna remain a fringe topic - we're like Gallileo vs the pope, time will prove us right and my skin'sthick enough in the meantime. If we take a general overview of how flippantly and callously the press treat almost everything I don't think there's too much to worry about.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
When they zoomed in, it didn't change. So, was that any evidence?

I'd like to think that many of us are past the WOW!! factor and concentrate more on similar craft and the suggested lists of species etc.

Even if this had been real, it doesn't do much for me anyway. It's like, okay, so, now what? where are they from what is their abduction and sighting history etc. This isn't the 50's or 60's anymore.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I can't comment on that video. However, just last weekend on Friday I left and went on a camping trip to Beaver, Utah and I saw "something". I had gone to bed about 10:30 p.m. and I ended up getting up for some reason about 12:30 a.m. and my gf was already awake so me and her started talking about getting out of bed. Then one of our other friends Dj had gotten sick a little bit before I woke up and had got the fire going by the time we got out of the tent. So, we started talking and decided that we should get some firewood as to not deplete what we already got for the morning. As Dj and I walk down the hill towards this lake I point out this blue orb/light above the tree line ,but we really didn't think anything of it and as we walk a little bit farther I point out again that the light was gone. We get creeped out a little bit and couldn't find any wood where we were looking and decided that it'd be best to get wood at this other spot closer to camp. Once, we get to the spot and start gathering firewood I look back up and the light is back but it's a little bit farther away this time, but it's so dark that my friend Dj says Do you think it can see our flashlights and does it look like its getting closer? So we kind of run up the hill with the wood and get my gf Jeannie and thats when the spectacle takes off. After all three of start watching it moves as to show its not a star and then returns to its original position and the changes some colors like from whiteish blue to a blue to a green, red and back to blue and then kind of moves forward a little bit and kind of has a red color, but at the same time it has this red its like fading/being sucked or disappears suddenly to space. I am 20 years old and it was the most awesome and freightening stuff I've ever seen, I'm not saying alien, but I will say unidentified flying object for sure.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brainiac
reply to post by Venetian

"and some which are genuine extraterrestrial or other dimensional entities."

Stop right there, and read your sentence... What you just stated is that You can't convince yourself that what you see isn't always what you think you see...
But a couple of kids can and are smarter and more rational...

AND your stating that there ARE indeed genuine extraterrestrial or other dimensional entities?! What proof have you to back up this ludicrous claim??

example:
I see planes flying around everyday, but I have yet to see a person flying around, and I'm not going to make a statement, that indeed people do on occasion take flight without the aid of a mechanical vehicle...

You see these "kids" made something fake and they've got adults chasing around believing this tripe... That tells me 1 of 2 things.

1. It doesn't take much to convince the people that believe UFO's are in contact with this planet.

2. That also shows the intelligence of the people that witness and believe they are seeing UFO's, which is at or below average.

And spell checking big complicated words doesn't make you any smarter...

[edit on 7/14/2009 by Brainiac]

1. The joke here is that flashlights, Chinese lanterns and weather balloons are all plausible explanations for UFO sightings, according to people like yourself. The idea of non-earthly beings interacting with our planet may seem like out of a comic book to you, but the evidence is overwhelming. Countless legitimate, professional people have stepped forward with their experiences and evidence - scientists, law enforcement personnel, pilots, government contractors, former NASA employees including astronauts (e.g. Dr. Edgar Mitchell, Dr. Brian O'Leary), former government ministers (e.g. Paul Hellyer) and so forth... hardly people with "below average" intelligence. Will the mainstream media and governments legitimately listen and investigate their claims? No. Hence, the debate will continue, similar to Republicans vs. Democrats. There will always be those who strongly believe in the subject and those who strongly deny the subject even exists.

2. There were no "big and complicated" words in my original post to spell check. Superfragilisticexpialidocious... now that I'd have to spell check.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
i really saw something one day, yet i still try to call out fake imagery whenever i can.

people who proclaim that they have definite proof are usually the biggest liars there are.

who actually carries a camera around when something like that happens. i mean seriously. usually you are too awe-struck to do anything about it.

i could spend days and weeks working on models textures and getting the landscape perfect in 3d to be able to convince any of you. you can go to your local movie rental place and pick up any movie with aliens, and say WOW DEFINITIVE PROOF, but its alllllll fake.

there are photos from the military and some experts that would be very hard to prove fake. once again tho, who's to say they didnt.

if a couple kids with a laser can, you might want to rethink your strategy.

you could even see the fuzzy beam that is created. dont know what im talking about? get a laser and shoot it at a white sheet of paper. its not a solid color. if you cant see a difference, you might need glasses and probably shouldnt be an "expert" of anything visual.

too often i see school projects get labeled, ABSOLUTE PROOF. which is silly.

im sick of seeing shaky cameras too. if you dont have a tripod or cant hold it still. stop trying. noone will really believe you. those dots in the sky can be created in 10 minutes.

just because you dont know how, doesnt mean someone else doesnt know how either.

like i said. i saw something really weird. i cant say it was alien. how would i know what alien is anyways if i dont have need to know for everything out there. how do you?

ive played flight simulators and know a lot about flight systems. doesnt mean i know of EVERYTHING. especially doesnt mean its alien.

theres plenty of weird stuff ON the planet to know that there might be a million more undiscovered species, places, theories.

just stop being so stuck in your thought of OMG THIS IS IT, PEOPLE CANT THINK IM CRAZY THIS TIME. especially if you dont even know the people who shot the footage. and especially if it never even stays still long enough to focus.

edit: sometimes just the composition alone will prove its fake. if it seems too perfect to be real... probably is. unless they walk up and poke you in the eye while a cop watches and a bunch of people jump on it and catch it put it in a cage and wheel it around town, then hijack the ship and take a tour of the world stopping in every town and letting people walk through it and take a test flight themselves. dont believe them. youll feel really dumb later, no matter how much wishful thinking you had.

ps now watch me get some awesome footage and noone believe me. doh

[edit on 7/14/2009 by mahtoosacks]

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by T0by

This proves that ufology (and all the other paranormal and fringe topics) needs skeptics and debunkers to keep everyone on their toes.

It is so much easier to fake these videos than it used to be, and every summer ATS and YouTube sees an uptick to these types of videos.

I have also noticed many cases get embellished through the years with dialog from people added that is never documented or researched. (Some of the early UFO researchers are to blame as they needed to sell books and were not above adding "new" information to their stories.)

Thank you for the article, Star and Flagged.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by daniel_g

Probably the first alleged UFO fake attempt by children was the 1954 Darbyshire UFO photograph in Cumbria, which captured a typical Venusian Adamski Scoutship.

However, three weeks later came reports of the March 4th 1954 UFO crash at Caldbeck, Cumbria. which may have been the UFO incident that Dorothy Kilgallen had made the famous press release regarding a British UFO crash with dead humanoid pilots.

Caldbeck UFO crash evidence is available on Youtube with a 'Caldbeck UFO' search on youtube`s site

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
It's clearly a fake but nicely done by the children.

I can't believe that the UFO community were taken in by this!

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Hey,there is no point in your opinion.Useless.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
The UFO community was indeed falling for this.

Shows you how gullible some people are before they INVESTIGATE.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I love how its being called "the community" as if its some social gathering in the suburbs.

ufo videos at this point are not the highlight of the phenomenon. as ive said before and will say again, lets focus on the testemony of the "professionals" although some would like to argue that even professionals aren't professionals. FAA, retired generals both US, Canada, UK whichever floats your boat. astronauts, clearly requires a high school diploma. etc.

its quite comical how some feel that ATS should be purged of viral videos, but that fact of the matter is that will simply not happen. lowering your standards of intellectual discussion you bait them in by giving them attention and debating CGI superiority over and over and over again.

learn to ignore the threads which are obviously faked vids.
or else, become....part of..................the community. muah ha ha ha

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I'm actually really surprised this wasn't all over ATS, with posters screaming at the top of their lungs of proof that there are extraterrestrials visiting Earth on the daily.

However, it's relieving that this didn't happen- As a slew of people would come out of the wood work claiming to have "Inside information" from a "Reliable source."
Or claim to be a "Channeler" who is in contact with the aliens.

Clever kids. Foolish believers.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur

Originally posted by mellisamouse
and ummm YEAH, that didn't look ANYTHING like a UFO people!!!!!

Yes, and that plus the fact it became an international incident speaks volumes to the gullibility of too many people ready to believe anything at the drop of a hat with only a crappy video for evidence.

Well I for one have never even heard of it before this thread.

Some great footage it must be if it only makes ATS after its revealed a hoax.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brainiac That tells me 1 of 2 things.

1. It doesn't take much to convince the people that believe UFO's are in contact with this planet.

2. That also shows the intelligence of the people that witness and believe they are seeing UFO's, which is at or below average.

And spell checking big complicated words doesn't make you any smarter...

[edit on 7/14/2009 by Brainiac]

Which one did it tell you?

They're both fairly much the same thing, and pretty much compliment each other. But 1 of the 2, which one?

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join