It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

police helicopter dog fight with uf shooting a them.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   

i must say this is the first time i read this story.
and i am in kentucky.

THEN IT TURNED AT THE LAST SECOND AND ROARED AWAY AT A SPEED I'VE NEVER SEEN BEFORE. GRAHAM, 39, AN 11 YEAR POLICE VETERAN, AND KENNY DOWNS, 39, A FIVE YEAR POLICE VETERAN WHO WAS OPERATING THE CHOPPER'S SPOTLIGHT, WERE ON ROUTINE PATROL WHEN THEY SAW WHAT LOOKED LIKE A FIRE OFF TO THEIR LEFT. DOWNS INSTINCTIVELY AIMED HIS SPOTLIGHT ON THE OBJECT WHICH WAS SHAPED LIKE A PEAR AND DRIFTING BACK AND FORTH LIKE A BALLON ON A STRING. WITHOUT WARNING, THE OBJECT SPED TOWARD THE HELICOPTER AND CIRCLED IT SEVERAL TIMES BEFORE ZOOMING OFF IN THE OPPOSITE DIRECTION

it give's name's of the officer's ect..

but i can't find a date on the story...nor have i ever heard of it before.

but surely it wouldn't be hard to trace down the officer's to ask them.

edit found more links to the story.
www.book-of-thoth.com...
no idea if it made up or what?
i cant find a date when it supposedly happen.

[edit on 13-7-2009 by TheAmused]

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I remember this a ways back. I looked in my saved links file and found a few articles/discussion about this. I think the date it happened was Fed 2003.

From this article at policeufo.com

11-year veteran pilot Kenny Graham, 39, and the spotter, 5-year veteran 39yr-old Kenny Downs, were circling above General Electric Appliance Park at around 11:50pm, when Graham saw something that looked like a small fire off to his left. Downs shined his 1.3-million-candlepower spotlight on the object, which began to drift back and forth like a balloon as the light washed over it. Then it gradually floated up to the helicopter's elevation about 500 feet above the ground, where it hovered for a few seconds. "Then it took off at a speed I've never seen before," said Graham, an experienced pilot. The object made two huge counter-clockwise loops and finally approached the helicopter's rear. Graham was afraid the object would ram his tail rotor, so he accelerated above 100 mph. The UFO shot past them and instantly climbed hundreds of feet in the air. It descended again and flew close to the helicopter. Graham tried to close the gap with the object, and it again flew away. As the UFO approached on a parallel course, three fireballs burst out of its core. Scared, he banked away from the object. "When we came back around, it was gone," Graham said. The two got confirmation from two officers on the ground, and all three had seen the UFO shoot three baseball-size fireballs out of its middle. The fireballs fizzled into nothing. Officer Mike Smith, in his squad car below, said he saw the object for only about a minute. But he confirmed the UFO shot three fireballs into the air and then disappeared. Officer Joe Smolenski said he tried for more than a minute to catch up to the object in his squad car. Lt. David Pope, who was roused out of bed at 12:30 Saturday morning by a call from the startled officers, attested to their sanity and sincerity. "These guys are totally solid guys," Pope said. "There's no doubt in my mind there was something out there."

Maybe you can try to contact Gardiner Harris, Louisville Courier-Journal where the story was printed March 4, 1993?

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   
i will try but if the cop jacks me and get's me for stalking or something bail me out ok lol

i need more to this story..
heck they said it shot at them..
and there 11 year veterans ..

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts

11-year veteran pilot Kenny Graham, 39, and the spotter, 5-year veteran 39yr-old Kenny Downs, were circling above General Electric Appliance Park at around 11:50pm, when Graham saw something that looked like a small fire off to his left. Downs shined his 1.3-million-candlepower spotlight on the object, which began to drift back and forth like a balloon as the light washed over it. Then it gradually floated up to the helicopter's elevation about 500 feet above the ground, where it hovered for a few seconds. "Then it took off at a speed I've never seen before," said Graham, an experienced pilot. The object made two huge counter-clockwise loops and finally approached the helicopter's rear. Graham was afraid the object would ram his tail rotor, so he accelerated above 100 mph. The UFO shot past them and instantly climbed hundreds of feet in the air. It descended again and flew close to the helicopter. Graham tried to close the gap with the object, and it again flew away. As the UFO approached on a parallel course, three fireballs burst out of its core. Scared, he banked away from the object. "When we came back around, it was gone," Graham said. The two got confirmation from two officers on the ground, and all three had seen the UFO shoot three baseball-size fireballs out of its middle. The fireballs fizzled into nothing. Officer Mike Smith, in his squad car below, said he saw the object for only about a minute. But he confirmed the UFO shot three fireballs into the air and then disappeared. Officer Joe Smolenski said he tried for more than a minute to catch up to the object in his squad car. Lt. David Pope, who was roused out of bed at 12:30 Saturday morning by a call from the startled officers, attested to their sanity and sincerity. "These guys are totally solid guys," Pope said. "There's no doubt in my mind there was something out there."

An object "shooting" or ejecting something out of it that fizzles out as it speeds off, that sure sounds an awful lot like Decoy Type Countermeasures. Either it was a classified project and they meant to stun the HELO crew upon their departure, or whomever was piloting it was afraid of the HELO possibly attacking it.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I have just watced an episode of Paranormal Witness and the two Police Officers manning the Helicopter shared their story of what happened that night.

There was also another Officer on the ground who witnessed what went on.

The story is totally amazing and as they were Police Ofiicers I guess more believeable than some other UFO stories. I mean this UFO actually fired off fireballs at them!!

This was the only video I could find and it's the trailer for the episode which includes 'The Spirit of Highway 50'

new topics

top topics

join