It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

tiny message in childrens movie

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I really don't know where to put this so I will start here and let the moderators decide from their.

For the time my children where born I have been taking an interest in what I allow my children watch on TV or DVD.
As kids will be kids they usually choose cartoons etc...

Just recently my sister bought the ice age double pack, the animated movie about the Mammoth and sabre-toothed tiger etc

Now even though I watch the movies I just keep my eye out for excessive violence etc and always try and teach them the difference between reality and fiction.

One thing that almost flew right by my attention was a scene when the 3 travellers and the baby are in the ice cave and Syd the sloth sees a UFO frozen in the ice, this got my attention because I have been pointing out to my wife how it looks like every other movie has some reference to a UFO or alien in one form or another, now what really made me take notice is after Sid sees the UFO the scene cuts to the baby, the baby is riding on the back of the mammoth and sees the UFO as well, then the baby lifts its arm as if to wave and says "Ma"
The other 2 characters just ignored the fact that it was there, the sloth is seen as the simpleton, and both the mammoth and tiger are smart and just ignored the obvious UFO in the ice.

Now I have been watching how the trend of belief has started turning towards humans being created by aliens altering our DNA and there is a strong belief within the UFO community that this is true, now when you get a small scene just likes the one I just mentioned,
It is very easy to see how children could become very open to the idea when it is given to them in such a simple and quick method that most people would just ignore and rather focus on the UFO to begin with.

I don't know how to put the scene up or rip it from the CD, but if anyone has the ability to do so, I will narrow down your search for you

Scene 11 around the 1:15 minute mark,
I would appreciate it if someone was able to upload the scene as I am unable to find it on you tube.

If anyone else is noticing small messages like this please feel free to add them and try and keep them all together.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   
the baby doesn't say ma when he sees the ufo

he makes the Vulcan salute 'live long and prosper' as he rides past the ufo

was a jab at star trek

www.imdb.com...

# # When Sid, Manny, Diego and the baby are walking through the ice cave, they walk past a UFO frozen in a block of ice, as they walk past, the baby does the Vulcan hand salute (from "Star Trek" (1966)). The UFO itself is a possible reference to the frozen UFO from The Thing (1982).

[edit on 7/13/2009 by Cito]

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I love this movie...not only does the baby see it, he also if I am not mistaken makes the "live long and prosper" from star trek sign with his fingers. Interesting thread S&F

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   
As a parent, I have noticed that young children seem to have a wildly different perspective on reality than their parents do. Thankfully,
, this is corrected by K, 1st, or 2nd grade. Then we get the whiny, why isn't everything "fair" centered around me attitude that many of us parents might still have. If I had it to do over again, there would be NO TV or even school. School could be like walking the fields identifying all of the ways and things that make us unique yet the same. They could learn important things like how the bees buzz and pollinate plants, which plants are edible, etc. I suppose we will get back to that soon enough. In the meantime, I guess I will pretend that Vegitales has something important to say about life.

I appreciate your post, to be sure. Parenting has proved to be the toughest challenge I have ever endured, and yet I would endure it over and over and over again, given the choice. I just wish that the little one would tell me that it was a beautiful day like she used too... Now she wakes with complaints... Poor girl. I love her soooo much!

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cito
the baby doesn't say ma when he sees the ufo

he makes the Vulcan salute 'live long and prosper' as he rides past the ufo

was a jab at star trek

www.imdb.com...

# # When Sid, Manny, Diego and the baby are walking through the ice cave, they walk past a UFO frozen in a block of ice, as they walk past, the baby does the Vulcan hand salute (from "Star Trek" (1966)). The UFO itself is a possible reference to the frozen UFO from The Thing (1982).

[edit on 7/13/2009 by Cito]

I watched and watched the scene over and over again and I can only tell you what I heard, and that is the baby saying "Ma"
Now on an adult level you may see the vulcan hand sign and get a laugh from it, but do you know many 5 year olds where born in 1966?
also the reference to the movie "the thing", again that would make you 27 years old, not really the target audience for the movie.

as a 5 year old watching the movie, you wouldn't pick up on a Vulcan hand sign, you would just see the hand movement and the words "Ma"
a five year old only understands "ma" as only being one thing.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   
"Now on an adult level you may see the vulcan hand sign and get a laugh from it, but do you know many 5 year olds where born in 1966?
also the reference to the movie "the thing", again that would make you 27 years old, not really the target audience for the movie."

Every kids movie has jokes directed towards an older crowd to make it easier to watch with their children.

edit: couldn't get quotes to work

[edit on 13-7-2009 by patent98310]

[edit on 13-7-2009 by patent98310]

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by munkey66
but do you know many 5 year olds where born in 1966?
also the reference to the movie "the thing", again that would make you 27 years old, not really the target audience for the movie.

as a 5 year old watching the movie, you wouldn't pick up on a Vulcan hand sign, you would just see the hand movement and the words "Ma"
a five year old only understands "ma" as only being one thing.

Who do you think are taking these children to the movies to see these films? Parents.... Parents who would get it. The vulcan sign is an attempt to target the parents and make it interesting to them too.

I know the exact scene you are reffering to but I have not watched it in quite some time so I can not confirm whether he says ma or not. The fact that others are saying that he does not makes me think that perhaps he makes a noise that could be interpreted as ma? But like I said, I have not seen the movie in a long time so as far as what is being said, I am not the best judge of that.

Disney movies are known for having little "shout outs" to the adults that have taken these kids to see the movie. It seems like there were a few in shreck but I can not recall.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

But an adult will watch the movie once, the child however demands the DVD and watches it over and over again, given the chance, a child will watch it adnausium until they have memorized everything in the movie.

an adult sees the adult humour once, a child sees the other messages constantly.

I didn't notice the Vulcan hand sign, and I was born in 66 and grew up watching star trek, it isn't until you remove the adult logic and just look as a child will look that you start to see the messages in many movies.

A child looks at the world and draw their own conclusions to what they see as the world around them.
People with children will know what I am talking about when they hear their child say something and wonder how on earth they knew that.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Good Thread OP. I watched the movie with my kids for the first time the other week and noticed that scene. I didn't notice the vulcan sign but did notice the kid seemingly waving at the UFO. I will watch it again now and take better notice. I thought it was just strange to have a UFO in the ice at all. Very cool actually. These are the kinds of things that slowly chip away at the barriers put up in front of us. I approve.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Meh.

Creative people have been putting into their work clever and obscure references to other works of pop culture for some time, now. These are merely easter eggs meant to connect with a very small portion of the viewing audience.

Here's one...in Star Wars Episode One, you can see an alien that looks like ET. A very quick moment in that movie, yet an obvious hat tip from George Lucas to Steven Spielberg.

And regarding adult cultural references in children's entertainment...haven't you ever seen adult jokes in Bugs Bunny cartoons? They're all over the place...and yet I didn't even realize this until I myself grew up and watched some of those cartoons as an adult.

You have to remember, the chaps making these shows and movies like to show off their cleverness within their work. These little bits and pieces that have nothing to do with the plot are just entertaining trinkets meant for those clever enough to pick up on them. When they're well done and obscure enough, they're a delight to find!

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Praetorian Guard

I do not disagree that there are messages in most cartoons we watch.
The Simpsons is possibly the best example of a cartoon that is targetted to both adult and children.

The point I am making is that these little pieces here and there have an effect on a developing brain more than an adult.
As an adult you think how witty and clever to put a scene from something into a cartoon, from a childs perspective, they see these little pieces as something different than you or I.

200 years ago, the idea of UFO's was something of make believe, something people would think strange and others would say you where possessed or a witch for even mentioning such a thing.

today people will talk openly about UFO's, ghosts, magic and even witch craft,
the media has made such talk so easy that no one really gives a second thought about it.
we are told what is real and what isn't by the TV and every little peice children see only add to the new belief systems

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 01:24 AM
link   
ah they're just fun little references, lighten up a little bit! They're supposed to be nostalgic.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Sheesh, don't take it all too seriously, those are just simple references to the classics

(btw, The Thing (the 1982 one) is really great for a horror movie, worth a watch)

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 02:47 AM
link   
First, kid flix have adult humor as well since it is something we can laff at, been that way since the first animation. Second, it does seem UFOs or Aliens are referenced in almost every movie the last decade. One that caught me off guard was A.I. Third, UFOs were not considered make believe until the radio was invented which was basically a one-sided internet. UFOs are hinted at in every form of culture you can think of, and yes it is a slight possiblity that even they were scoffed at but it is highly unlikely, since these drawings and engravings were MEANT to last and be seen by future civilizations. UFOs started being debunked after Roswell and since then it has snowballed to the point it has almost reached the bottom of the mountain. Which is why references to UFOs and aliens are thrown in our face on a constant basis. Skeptics prepare yourself because anyday now Disclosure will take place. And when it does right will be pink , up will be metal, logic will be southeast cause nothing will make sense.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by max.is.awake

The post I made was in reference to what I saw.

50 years ago the idea of being put here by aliens by them manipulating our DNA would have been laughed at.
I watched the movie and saw the baby put up it's hand and say "Ma", now even if it was a salute to star trek, it does not change the fact that a develping mind just saw a baby wave at a UFO and call it "Ma"

It looks to me and possibly a few others that it is a way of helping disclosure and a new religion, most people who believe in UFO's would not even question the explenation of alien involvement in our evolution, this tiny 1 second clip re enforces that belief even if it was apparently aimed at adults.

Adults also can be re educated by manipulation through the media.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by munkey66

I think your missing the point here, you are quite right, there are a lot of references that children will not understand, but thats the deal, its made on two levels so adults can get the in jokes.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by dan steely
reply to post by munkey66

I think your missing the point here, you are quite right, there are a lot of references that children will not understand, but thats the deal, its made on two levels so adults can get the in jokes.

I totally agree with you, that is not the point I am making however.

as funny as adults see this little gesture, children will we see things in different ways.

even an adult joke can have 2 meanings, that is why comedy will often make an innuendo when telling a joke in mixed company.

Just read through any UFO post or new age post and it will tell you that Aliens are our Gods and made us through altering DNA, as adults we can read that and disreguard it if we choose.
Now picture a child watching the clip and putting up it's hand and saying "Ma" what do you think that will tell a child?

It tells me that that is where your mother comes from, lets imagine now something like project blue beam is real and we have aliens telling us that they are our creators, who is going to be the easiest to convince?
The adult or the child who already has the idea put in it's head by a small memory from watching it over and over and over again in the movie.
What you have then is a new religion and the children will not even question it.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I'm surprised you just realized this. I always thought they created these cartoons so kids just took ufo's and aliens as a natural thing.

Its like they also have done the same thing with chemtrails (for those in denial...contrails)

You get to see them so often it is a natual thing '''it's programming you""" that's all, they gotten away with it for decades, its only now that people are starting to realize the wool has been pulled over there eyes.

new topics

top topics

join