It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's that??? UFO Near Space Shuttle??? 2009-07-13

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   
This is a video i just bumped onto.

If this was on live TV then it should be able to be confirmed.

What is it?

Is it something normal i cannot make out?

???

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Another one:

(Courtesy of WolfmanJ)

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Welcome djvexd!

Watch before posting your next post.
Well too late propably. It was inevitable.

I am talking about your following statement about WolfmanJ and that he has a thread...there.

Well actually this thread right here was posted first.

[edit on 13/7/2009 by GEORGETHEGREEK]

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   
First one is a USCG cutter patrolling the area. Second is USAF PaveHawk Helo from the Patrick 920 ARW 920th RW Also WolfmanJ has a thread about the shuttle vids here:www.abovetopsecret.com...
The Third one is I don't know.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Is that first video even real?

In the first few seconds, as the camera is panning up, you can clearly see a duel VHS unit on the bottom shelf of the TV stand... so why use a video camera to record the event?

Seems to me that the shuttle was recorded on the VHS, and the hand-held was used to distort the imagery.

Haven't gotten around to watching the other two videos yet.

[EDIT HERE]

Just watched the second video... same thing as above, except now all we have is a televised still image of the shuttle, a guy with a hand-held, and... and... tom foolery.

In my opinion. Which, at times, doesn't mean much.

What happened to the third video?

[edit on 2009/7/13 by The Soothsayer]

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Well either way your answers are there. Good day

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by djvexd

OK Thanks i will pop in to have a look

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Just checked the recommend ATS link as posted... not only is this a second thread on the same subject, but it takes the same videos as evidence...

...AND...

It was intentional, as the OP from this thread posted on the other thread!

*tsk tsk*

[EDIT HERE]
(seems I made an error... this should be directed at the thread that was linked)

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by The Soothsayer

Please refrain from being insultive.
This thread is... older

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I saw both of those live, and the first one caught my eye for a second...
What it was though is the coastguard cutter that patrols around launches to ensure that boaters do not enter the restricted firing zone. It looks like it is in the sky because the haze is blending the ocean into the sky so well. Its hazy as heck down here ATM because the humidity is like 1000000000%...

The second one is one of the fighter planes that they use to ensure that no aircraft enter the no-fly zone, and to make touch and goes on the landing facility to test the shuttles ability to abort there in bad weather.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

Thank you!

That was much more informative than The Soothsayer's post...

Your post is right along the line with djvexd post

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by GEORGETHEGREEK

Oops, sorry, my mistake! Didn't check the date stamp...

[EDIT HERE]
(sheesh... talk about insulting... I even went on to say it was my opinion. oh well)

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Its ok.

Try to be more polite next time if not more observant

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   

I have to tell you that cutter almost had me for a second. At first I thought it was the cap from the External tank, but then it came around the other side of the gantry. I actually picked up the phone to call a family member and have them turn it on, but then I realized what it was.

It was a neat optical illusion for sure.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   

The third video is here.

(It was not related to the other two...)

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by djvexd

I am pretty sure that is a fighter, not a helicopter, it even leaves a black smoke trail. They have been shooting runway approaches all day because the weather on the landing facility was one of the determining factors in whether they were going to scrub or not.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

I will go with you.
It sounds completely logical, plus you have seen the footage live.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   

IMHO...
To me it looks like one of those silver balloons that someone released. It even gets wider/narrower as the wind makes it tumble.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Yeah, I love NASA TV.
I put it on before the launch sometimes for hours, and then I know when to go outside and start looking for it. I left it on tonight up until the briefing. It makes for good quiet background noise when I am writing on ATS...

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   
These are not UFO's but a boat in the distance in one and a helicopter of sorts in the other.. The other thread was closed but it's entitled something like "Shuttle canceled due to UFO"

There are always helicopters or planes in the area to make sure no planes are in the "no fly" zone during lift off. I watch the shuttle go up all the time and they are always around before and after the launch. I have talked to many people who work out there at my job and they have explained many times why they are out there. If I talk to anyone tomorrow I will ask about what kind of plane or heli it was....and yes these people actually work on the shuttle so they would know.
Sorry I wish they were UFO's! I am always out there with binoculars and my phone ready to take pics but it's just helicopters or planes(not commercial) Believe me when a UFO is around the shuttle and I have pics I will post it!

[edit on 7/13/2009 by mblahnikluver]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join