It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

T&C Ammendment? Stating you have proof and then refusing to produce it

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Amen, Halleluiah, and pass the mashed potatoes! It happens way too many times! If you say you have proof you should be required to produce it in the OP! I've noticed a very marked decrease in source material in posts anymore.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by fooffstarr

You will not post any material that is knowingly false, misleading, or inaccurate.

That by itself is adequate. How many rules are needed to cover the same thing. Making a false claim is making a knowingly false statement.

I'd also rather see the Moderaters be slow too enforce rather than too quick to enforce.

This should be on the "Questions and Information" forum.

[edit on 7/13/2009 by Blaine91555]

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by JaxonRoberts
Amen, Halleluiah, and pass the mashed potatoes! It happens way too many times! If you say you have proof you should be required to produce it in the OP! I've noticed a very marked decrease in source material in posts anymore.

Add my voice to the above. I agree with you 1000%, foofstar.

Sure, there are rules governing this, but they are not enforced.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

yep. exactly.

Originally posted by selfisolated
Especially during the summer months when theres more bored kids around we see loads of these threads.

I'd swear that they are starting multiple accounts as well.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Something that people forget to take into consideration,is that a forum is not a messenger type place.Replies should not be expected on demand.If you think it does then get out and get a life.Then you may work out the forum way.Also threads that are annoying,are those in trying to be a mod way.Mods are here,leave them to it.Yes i,ve done the calling for them in threads,but have learned the right way.U2U is your friend.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
if you dont like a thread.

don't post in it.

quite a simple system really....

If somebodys thread makes you annoyed or angry then thats a problem that YOU have not the random poster....grow up and stop getting so upset by words....

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
If you want to use a complete lack of proof as a basis to ban or delete threads- Why are Cmdraleon's threads allowed to gain such notoriety around here?

Posters who make claims of being in contact with Aliens, or having "Inside information" need to provide proof, otherwise the threads should be deleted.

Granted, they really rile up the forum- But it's like dredging a lake bed. All the junk you dig up, should have been left laying.

It's infuriating to see posters who provide no proof, no actual evidence, no shred of credibility; and yet they receive absolutely no punishment.

So where are the rules?
I'll probably get dinged for targeting Cmdraleon- That's how the system works, it's in place to keep the poor posters above.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Agreed, these forums aren't messenger services, but when posting sensationalist headlines such as "Absolute proof my housepet Indigo is bigger than yours..." etc, then the OP really should contain some element of proof. Emphasis on Some there, to start such threads with none, pretty much instantly makes them look hoax(ey).

You can easily start a thread saying "My Pet Indigo - hopefully I can present proof, but s/he's a bit camera shy"... it's just sensationalist language that seems to drag it down here. Is it because even 4chan won't put up with that much bobbins?

As an aside, most of the well presented, thought out threads I see, seem to be those with the least sensationalist titles, but I guess it's all about the S+F for some.

Ooh, it really grinds my gears - lol.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by jokei

Looking at the date you registered,I would have thought you would have got the idea of how things are.
Supply and demand.

Some like it,some don't but there are plenty of the serious and interesting threads as well.

Treat here as you would the TV,change to a different channel/thread if you don't like it.

We know ATS doesn't run on thin air,so its obvious it has to cater for all to keep it going.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by gallifreyan medic

Agreed, but it doesn't make it ok. ...this doesn't seem to be a topic you're too fussed about and I wonder why you took the trouble to comment?

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
There is a good percentage of thread titles that fall into this category. It may not be that something is promised and not delivered but definitely misleading.

Part of this activity is to draw views to the thread. Most learn pretty quick that big or unusual claims in the title is most often just talk. I doubt it will change.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Why are these hoaxers such a big problem to people? If you read the headline and think its a bunch of bull, dont bother reading the thread and go on with your life. I promise its that easy.

I actually find them amusing. Like reading a bit of a science fiction story.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by selfisolated
I agree.

Especially during the summer months when theres more bored kids around we see loads of these threads.

My suggestion would be an immediate termination of membership and an IP block on the member's computer to stop them spitting their dummy and repeating under and alias.

Possibly a little extreme if in fact you can't prove they are lying or hoaxing.......

but yes something must be done.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by fooffstarr
This about members who STATE THEY HAVE PROOF before asked about it, and then obfuscate and/or simply disappear without providing the proof they previously stated they were going to show.

Like THIS one?

7th July 2009, Silbury Hill, Wiltshire, England. Off Duty Police Officer Encounters 3 Tall Beings
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Which was MOVED to the new GRAY AREA set up to deal with posts like that?

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by jokei

this doesn't seem to be a topic you're too fussed about and I wonder why you took the trouble to comment?

You got to be kidding,Right?

Actually I know you're not.
If you can't figure out why then I think you miss the whole point of this site and forums in general.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Yup, not a clue what they're for...

It just seems irksome to me that whilst I can't do X that breaks the T&Cs Y is ok... and I think the point of stating you have evidence and not bothering to present it, really sucks.

As to reading or not and endorsing accordingly, agreed, some stuff on here I find very amusing. However, it can be a pain to sift through lots and lots of junk to find something you're genuinely interested in.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by fooffstarr

I agree that more affirmative action could be taken against the type of threads your alluding to. In my time at ATS, I have never seen one of said threads produce any type of compelling evidence... if at all.

These threads always run to the same pattern (as mentioned in your OP) and it's easy to pick them out. It's like there's a 'Guide To Stupid Posting' you can download somewhere online that these types of characters read before contributing to the ATS forums.

It's sad the way people get their kicks these days. Perhaps they should just go outside and throw a Frisbee??? Actually no... that's a bad idea... I can see it now... "Oh look... UFO!" "CLICK"

IRM

top topics

<< 1   >>

join