It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

XM8: the future gun of the U.S. millitary

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Unlike Other abandoned military project, XM8 is cancelled for no real reason.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Should XM8's gas operated reloading system are use both piston and Direct impingement where the piston itself pushes the clean air to cock the gun whilst protects the chamber from dirty hot gasses.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 02:27 AM
link   
This gun is pretty kick @55.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 03:02 AM
link   
should XM8 Replaces M16 in Early 21st Century is just like F22 Replaces F15 in same period with above.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 02:59 AM
link   
We Must Tell Obama to Revive XM8 Project with Some Repairs like Carbon-fibre Reinforced heat-resistant Plastic for XM8's Body and Gas Operated System that mixes Piston Mechanism with Direct impingement for XM8!

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Or we could just eventually switch over to the FN-Scar, which can actually pass military trials and actually has the modularity required by soldiers in the field.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by mattifikation

SCAR's are way over priced thanks to FN gouging. You can (assuming current MSRP projections stay true) go ACR for almost half the price.

I was going to get a SCAR-H this year but by waiting a year I can get an ACR and a Vector for the price of one SCAR. There's no reason for SCAR's to be going for what they are. By all rights the ACR's should be worth more than SCAR's when all is said and done but FN is like that little Lacoste lizard making you pay up for the logo.

Which isnt to say I wouldnt mind picking up a SCAR-H should the price fall to a reasonable level.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

What? The manufacturer is artificially inflating the price? And they also took forever to put out a finished product - so long, in fact, that by the time it finally became available it was already surpassed by most of its competitors?

If that's the case, then we know for SURE that it's the U.S. military's choice.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   
This wreaks of CIA propaganda agents disinformation to spill fear into the military. This kind of weapon would be assigned to special forces with a low grade classified listing and deployed sparingly.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by BetweenTheLine

Yeah, that must be it. Throw enough conspiracy-related buzzwords into a sentence and it automatically passes for truth to the average ATS'er.
Honestly, most people look at the thing and go "Oooh curvy and spacey looking, and it's not an M16. It must be the BEST GUN EVARRR!" It is simply not. It's not in the toilet because of "CIA disinfo murderdeathkill false flag wiretapping propaganda Illuminati NSA secret elite special forces spy conspiracy," or whatever nonsensical string of random words you just came up with. It's in the toilet because it was a poor option.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Looks like a cool rifle.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
these things are going to kill people... and saying how cool it is? i just signed up to this site and i thaught people on here actualy knew what was not and not " YEEH dude guns are cool and they kill terrorists who are the bad guys! yeah!"

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I'm still excited of the new H&K .416. They say it tested well in 1st SFOD-Delta. One thing that I liked about it was that it does'nt get hot, unlike the M4.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   
in the battlefield bad company 2 beta there is the xm8 and the m416 and many other weapons; too many to list here.

i think the xm8 it the strongest and most accurate fully automatic assault rifle for the assault class to use, in the game it has high kick upwards when shooting so you have to shoot maybe like 4 to 5 rounds then burst for 2 to 3 or more for a good efficient kill.

there are xm8 light machine guns in the game as well.

in the game i prefer m416 to the xm8 though for short burst accuracy and overall greater power in feeling to mobility than to what the xm8 brings.

in real life; from the weapons that are in the game, i have only fired an m16.

the xm8 in the game is unlocked rather early and is the best gun for full auto assault weapons.the m416 is the second to last gun to unlock with the m16 being the final assault class unlock-able weapon.all the weapons have different characteristics and sound very differently.for burst assault rifles i prefer the an94 to the m16 for damage and accuracy.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join