It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RICH beyond your wildest dreams~confidential note~

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Hi /

Thought I would share this email with you....

Greetings, I am David Thorburn Chief Operating Officer,
Clydesdale Bank,I am contacting you concerning a deceased customer and an investment he placed under our banks management eight years ago.
I would respectfully request that you keep the contents of this mail confidential and respect the integrity of the information you come by as a result of this mail.
I contacted you independently of our investigation and no one is informed of this communication.
I would like to intimate you with certain facts that I believe would be of interest to you.In 2001,
the subject matter; came to our bank to engage in business discussions with our private banking division.
He informed us that he had a financial portfolio of fifty million united states dollars ($50,000,000,00).i want you to stand as the bona-fide next of kin to the desease. My proposal; you share the same surname With our late client; I am prepared to place you in a position to instruct The security Firm to release the deposit to you as the closest surviving relation.
Upon receipt of the deposit,
I am prepared to share the money with you in half.
That is: I will simply nominate you as the next of kin and have them release the deposit to you.
We share the proceeds50% for me,
50% for you Should you be interested please send me your full names,n, I will prefer you reach me on my private email address below

Now, this obviously is a SCAM and I was wondering how many of these emails people actually follow through?
Who actually gets rich?
And how?

Thanks

IX
helen

[edit on 7/13/2009 by helen670]

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   
If you respond, it starts a dialogue with the "mark" ending up divulging enough personal info to either have their identity stolen, or their bank account emptied. They're going to want to know into which account you want the funds deposited. And they're going to "need" access to it.

There are a variety of different ways for the crooks to proceed, and they all end up the same way - you're fleeced.

It doesn't cost them anything to send an email and the scammers are no doubt spoofing email addresses as the origin. It's a numbers game and unfortunately, eventually they'll find enough suckers to respond to make it worth their while.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   
It is the classic 419 scam scam. Dont respond. And you will be fine.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Hi,
Thank yehright/Peacejet

I guess new scams come out all the time...all leading to GREED.

Thanks both.

IX
helen

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Yeah, it's stupid really. I wish scammers would come up with something creative for a change. It's pretty insulting. Although, I heard that they only needed a 2% success rate to make a good chunk of change.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I got one of these years ago and it was from someone in the UK. I laughed and then googled it and saw it was a scam. I get emails like this and the Nigerian scam one all the time in my hotmail account. I get at least 100 emails a day in my hotmail and about half are all money scams. I feel bad for the people who actually believe this to be true.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I google the IP address then forward it and their scam email to the FBI. Then I send a reply to the scammers telling them I sent their info to the FBI.

I haven't gotten one of these again in quite a while (almost 2 years, I think).

top topics

join