It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO(not ISS) flying low - Dundee Scotland 7/09 (video)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by kronos11

It isn't a matter of zoom it is a matter of the sensitivity of the sensor. A bright point source of light oversaturates the sensor causing neighboring pixels to light up. This makes the source of light look large. It isn't large, it is bright.

The timing, direction, and elevation (estimated by the building) of the object coincides with the ISS pass over Scotland that morning. It would be a very great coincidence if the video is not of the ISS.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

I think you missed it tonight (timezone confusion).
Start looking for it at a few minutes before 22:55, July 13. A very bright pass from Western horizon to Eastern horizon. It will pass nearly directly overhead.

Wow!

[edit on 7/13/2009 by Phage]

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Thanks it did pass from west to east on both occasions so that's nice to confirm that it was the ISS. I was lucky that all I did was glance out of my window and there it was coming towards me.The first time I thought it was a plane with bright headlights on until it passed the zenith and I could see it had no nav lights and was just as bright from behind.last night I would have grabbed my camcorder but I just couldn't believe that I had been lucky twice so held out until it was overhead then rushed to my car to get it but too late did get some video of a planet near the moon and a small moon near that planet I guess its Jupiter. Anyway will have camcorder ready tonight and keeping an eye out. Cheers Phage.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

Come on man! You have a computer. Use it!

ISS

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Thanks I am rushing things getting ready to leave for work.Cheers again Phage.Thanks for that link.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by kronos11

Originally posted by Lichter daraus
Its been discussed here already. That is a video of the ISS. Apparently it was brighter than usual because it got new panels put on...

Is this serious? I doubt something in orbit would move that fast and according to the witness it was low in the sky. I think that is apparent from the video.

[edit on 12-7-2009 by kronos11]

i have to say, it does look a hell of a lot like iss, same speed and hight (it always looks very low as its so bright)

what way was the ufo traveling (west to east?? north to west?) .. if it was west to east then its most likely iss.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Biggest give away is that no "intelligent life" would be attracted to Dundee....

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by kronos11
can anyone post one that looks even remotely like this reported to be the ISS? I know you said the guy has a really good camera but in contrast with the chimney the zoom is not that high it seems.

You posted a youtube video yourself that has the ISS flyover with the moon visible. In that vid the moon is quite small, which means that the camera is a bit zoomed out and not taking that much exposure. Now, if you compare it to the original video, which clearly shows several stars, you can see that with the bare eye the object would be approximately the same brightness in both videos. Of course it's hard to say that for sure, but you have to take into account that the first video is from a camera that is very sensitive, and the video about the confimed ISS has a fainter point of light, which however is quite bright when you compare it to the moon. Just think how bright and big that full moon would show up in the first video!

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by chillpill
Biggest give away is that no "intelligent life" would be attracted to Dundee....

LMAO

quoted for fact and giggles

probably the funniest thing ive ever read on ats ever, being aberdonian . Star!

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
it can really be the iss, i know it moves very fast but the size of the dot is strange because iss shouldn't be that big

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Mostly fire balls, Foo or Phoo balls or lightning balls that fly are from
the inventions of Tesla.
There is video of a plane making a trail and two bright static electricity
balls are dancing around it.
That type video shows up at times.
The light balls look so small the must be a single pilot craft.
So nothing has changes since 1944 Foo sightings except for the
big triangle sightings.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
As promised I have filmed tonights fly over Kent UK of the ISS at aprox 10.55pm 13/7/09.Taken with a Sony DCR-SR36 with 40X optical zoom.
Part one

Part 2

[edit on 13-7-2009 by tarifa37]

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   
i just saw iss about 20 mins ago, not near as bright as it was the other night, it looked alot bigged then because of its brightness (when comparing tonight to and the one in this post, i also seen it the night of this post).

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Heres how bright the ISS can get "with new panels" comparing it with an oncoming plane..

s292.photobucket.com...

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I think it is clearly the ISS that thing can get as bright as a -4 magnitude! and that is pretty damn bright, did you check fly over times ect. sorry if I missed it in the thread simple tracker great video whatever it is

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by kronos11

It isn't a matter of zoom it is a matter of the sensitivity of the sensor. A bright point source of light oversaturates the sensor causing neighboring pixels to light up. This makes the source of light look large. It isn't large, it is bright.

The timing, direction, and elevation (estimated by the building) of the object coincides with the ISS pass over Scotland that morning. It would be a very great coincidence if the video is not of the ISS.

reply to post by paradiselost333

Ahhlright.. I think Ive been turned. would have to say this is highly likely the ISS and it looks a great deal like the video posted by Tarifa above and the pictures by paradiselost.

great job guys, I just never thought it would look so large but as Phage so astutely pointed out - the objects size was skewed by the light sensitivity on the cam the guy was using.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join